Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141015 同舟互愛濟貧苦Helping Those in Need Inspiring Them to Give

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141015 同舟互愛濟貧苦Helping Those in Need Inspiring Them to Give Empty
發表主題: 20141015 同舟互愛濟貧苦Helping Those in Need Inspiring Them to Give   20141015 同舟互愛濟貧苦Helping Those in Need Inspiring Them to Give Empty周三 11月 05, 2014 10:23 pm

From news reports every day, we see how much harm disasters have done to the Earth. There are many people in the world. And when people’s minds are in disharmony, they do things to hurt one another bringing disasters to their society.

This is truly very worrying. Seeing that, the people of Taiwan must be aware and careful. Taiwan cannot afford any social unrest. So, we need to love and care for one another. Although Taiwan is a small island we can sow more blessings for her.

If we can help people in other countries, then we can enjoy true blessings. Here in Taiwan, we also see many of our recycling volunteers giving of themselves to care for the Earth every day. They do so to better protect the environment so disasters can be mitigated and everyone can live in peace and safety.

We see that in Indonesia, our volunteers in Tangerang gave out rice to those in need. The rice was provided by Taiwan’s government and we’ve given it out to people in several countries, including Indonesia. As we’ve signed an MOU with the Indonesian government to work together in charity and disaster relief in Indonesia, when we conduct aid distributions and relief work, the military will come to help.

So, many soldiers have received coin banks from us and have been saving up money. Third time, they brought the coin banks back to us. Seeing that, those who came to receive the rice realized that it was true that the money from Tzu Chi uses to help the needy is pooled together bit by bit from everyone’s donations.

So, many locals also asked for coin banks from our volunteers so that can save money to help others, too. See, when we help people in other countries, we also inspire love in them and encourage them to give.

Take for example our volunteers in Mozambique. We did not give them any financial support, but see how they can help people who are worse off than them. They’re able to do so because we’ve inspired gratitude in them and tapped into their spiritual wealth within. Although they are poor, they make use of the local resources to help the needy.

For example, they rented a piece of land to grow vegetables and use the vegetables to feed children and the elderly in need every week. When young people bring meals to the elderly, they kneel down to show their respect. Inwardly, they’re full of love; outwardly, they’re courteous and respectful. This is what they’ve learned from our Taiwanese volunteers, Denise.

Denise also shared with them the Buddha’s teachings on the law of karma. How can we enjoy blessings? Through giving. But giving does not necessarily bring us blessings in this lifetime. When we gave, we gain joy immediately and sow blessings for your next lives. Our local volunteers in Mozambique have all taken these teachings to heart.

All of us still remember the severe flooding of the Angke River in Indonesia in 2002. Back then, Tzu Chi volunteers in Indonesia implemented a five-part plan to help clean up a section of the river. They did a very good job. They also built Great Love Villages for those who used to live along the river as well as schools for their children.

Using the local resources, our volunteers in Indonesia, many of whom are entrepreneurs have carried out all of Tzu Chi’s Four Missions in Indonesia. To inspire children to care for the environment, our kindergarten teachers in Malaysia created a simulated scene of the Angke River flooding and asked the children to clean it up.

They did so to help the children understand how hard our volunteers in Indonesia had worked. They also hoped to teach the children that only when there’s love can there be hope, and only when everyone works together can more people be helped.

We also see a boy in the Dominican Republic who has a squint. His mother works very hard to raise him. The boy studies in the school that Tzu Chi built in the Dominican Republic. When our volunteers learned of his condition, they helped him to have surgery so he no longer has to be laughed at. I am very happy to receive this special gift. My dream has come true. I’d like to thank Tzu Chi for helping me fulfill my dream. Thank you with all my heart.

Because of the love of our volunteers, the needy can receive help and support. This is what our overseas volunteers do. Did they ask Tzu Chi in Taiwan for any financial or material support? Only the rice is from Taiwan. As I said, the rice was provided by Taiwan government for Tzu Chi and other aid groups to give out to the needy in other countries.

We often heard people who came to collect the rice from us say: “Thank you, Taiwan and Tzu Chi”. They said Taiwan first because they knew the rice Tzu Chi gave them was from Taiwan. Even the children in Africa could say “Amitofo” and “Thank you, Taiwan. Thank you, Tzu Chi”. When we have more than we need, we can share what we have with others.

It’s very good that Taiwan can give rice to other countries and form good affinities with them. Now, those who have received our rice all know that the people of Taiwan are full of love. We also saw that some people wo have received the rice shared it with the needy who did not. They’re very wealthy spiritually.

I truly admire them. Compare to them, we’re really very blessed. So, we must cherish this place we call home, cherish our environment and cherish our society. Only when our society is peaceful can we enjoy true blessing.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: