Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141026《人間菩提》淨化社區‧敲響金鐘 The Need for Wholesome Values

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141026《人間菩提》淨化社區‧敲響金鐘 The Need for Wholesome Values Empty
發表主題: 20141026《人間菩提》淨化社區‧敲響金鐘 The Need for Wholesome Values   20141026《人間菩提》淨化社區‧敲響金鐘 The Need for Wholesome Values Empty周三 11月 05, 2014 10:33 pm

There is never enough time. Each second disappears without a trace. However, suffering continues in the world. Every day, out there in the world, there are always news of disasters.

We see that in Mali in West Africa and in New York City in the US, both have their first Ebola case. This outbreak of Ebola shows no sign of stopping. It’s been several months now and the Ebola epidemic in West Africa is still going strong. We and everyone in the world must be very alert and be prepared.

What is also very worrying is the spread of dengue fever in Taiwan, especially in Kaohsiung, where cases are increasing very fast. Over 7,000 people have been infected with dengue fever. Don’t underestimate these tiny mosquitoes infected mosquitoes can transmit the virus by injecting its saliva into a human before feeding on the human’s blood. The injection of salvia infects the human with the dengue virus. This is how the dengue fever spreads when a mosquito feeds on blood. A mosquito will bite at least six or seven people before it is full.

In a word, prevention is the best measure. We must avoid mosquito bites. Hospitals have set up mosquito nets at patients’ beds. It will be best for us to do the same at home.

When I meet with recycling volunteers, I always express my profound gratitude to them. Without these recycling volunteers, sanitation and public health in our society would be in quite problematic conditions. Thank goodness we have so many recycling volunteers, many of them are elderly. They have dedicated their whole life to their family. Now that they are at an age where they can relax, they dedicate themselves to save the Earth. Their contribution is truly great.

Every year, we have a certification ceremony for recycling volunteers. I am grateful and even admire these volunteers because when they come for recycling, they do more than just recycling work. They have to abide by the precepts no drinking, smoking and eating betel nuts. They must also love and respect their parents and follow traffic regulations. There are many precepts that they must abide by. They have all passed the requirements and turned their life around.

Today is the certification ceremony for recycling volunteers in Kaohsiung. I send them my blessings. To our recycling volunteers there, though I am not able to be with you, I give you all my blessings. I am very grateful for you. I see your diligence in cultivation. I am truly grateful to all of you.

Our recycling volunteers are truly adorable. They are happy and committed to recycling every day as doing recycling leaves no room for afflictions and they gain good health. There are many recycling volunteers who have turned their life around to enjoy a happy family.

Many people began volunteering with recycling and then charity services before they became certified Tzu Chi commissioners or Tzu Cheng members. This shows that recycling is also a spiritual training ground. Doing recycling will bring a brighter future to our society.

Therefore, we must be mindful. I look forward to more outpourings of love in our society toward our Earth and all material goods. We must cherish everything and start a “clean recycling” initiative a practice that we have been promoting. Each family must separate their recyclables and clean them beforehand for Tzu Chi to collect. This reduces extra hard work for recycling volunteers. This clean recycling initiative is rolling out now. I hope all recycling volunteers in Taiwan focus on and help with this initiative.

Last night, we saw the award ceremony for the Golden Bell Award in Taiwan. Da Ai TV programs were nominated in seven categories and received awards in four categories. Seeing how happy they were holding the award trophies, I am very happy for them.

All in all, the purpose of media is to provide truthful reporting and guide the public toward goodness and wholesome thinking. Take the program “All about Health,” for example. Although Dr. Chien is a surgeon for reconstructive surgery, he hosts a daily health program where he provides medical knowledge using art and stories to explain various kinds of illnesses relating to different organs in the body. He analyzes where illnesses come from in a very interesting and simple way for people to understand. The program has already aired over 3,000 episodes and has a very high viewer rating.

Our children’s programs also guide viewers to understand science. For example, it explains the science of global warming and climate change, recycling and environment preservation, and other prevention and control measures. These topics are all based on science.

In “calling Dr. Marvelous,” we have a university professor who works with child assistants to produce a children’s science program. Its content is rich in science, but also easy to understand. This program has been on air for many years with very good viewership. This program is very educational and contains no gossip.

Programs for children need not be loud, rowdy, and boisterous filled with characters bouncing around. Actually, Da Ai TV’s children’s programs display good manners, etiquette, and also mature behavior. It explains complicated concepts in a simple way for children to understand. It also teaches children how to curb their appetite to be healthy as many illnesses are developed from eating unhealthy foods.

It also teaches children the benefit of eating vegetarian, as it keeps them healthy and helps protect animals. It also teaches them to be filial to their parents and to do good deeds. Many children who watch our programs change the way they act at home and develop good living habits. These are our educational programs for children.

The same is true for our animation program: “Little Chestnut’s World” which uses Jing Si Aphorisms to teach children about family values and moral ethics. These are all good, wholesome, and educational programs that purify people’s hearts. I am very grateful. There is so much to be grateful for. We must produce wholesome programs in order to bring peace and harmony to our society and purify people’s hearts
回頂端 向下
在線

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: