Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141030藍山竹筒‧以愛合心 The Power of Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141030藍山竹筒‧以愛合心 The Power of Love  Empty
發表主題: 20141030藍山竹筒‧以愛合心 The Power of Love    20141030藍山竹筒‧以愛合心 The Power of Love  Empty周三 11月 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Last October, New South Wales of Australia was affected by wildfires. Learning of that, Tzu Chi volunteers went to provide aid. At the time, they also shared with people Tzu Chi’s humble beginnings and gave them coin banks to save up and help others. It’s been a year, and everyone has gradually recovered from the disaster.

More than a week ago, at a local event, many people brought back their coin banks and donated the money to Tzu Chi. It was very heartwarming. When they were affected by a disaster Tzu Chi volunteers not only went to their aid, but also worked to inspire love in them.

Inspiring love is really very important. It’s not enough to just bring people aid. See how our volunteers also explained to them that the financial aid and material supplies they received were made possible through many people’s donations collected by Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide.

So, it’s a well wish from people around the world. Our volunteers also shared with them how Tzu Chi was founded, etc. What our volunteers did for them has been affirmed by the local government.

We also see heartwarming images of the Philippines. After Typhoon Haiyan, Tzu Chi volunteers have been providing aid to those affected. What they do has moved the local government and media.

So, a TV program host worked with Tzu Chi and the local government to provide 200 pedicabs to Haiyan survivors and for them to make a living with. These pedicabs are all identical and each has a Jing Si Aphorism painted on it.

These pedicabs can also be used to carry recyclables when they’re not in service. I can earn a living with the pedicab. Without Tzu Chi and the program host, all this wouldn’t have been possible.

Now, I can start my life anew. This is power of love. They can use the pedicabs to make a living and also help with our recycling work. This project is really very special and touching. The power of love is boundless indeed.

We also see Indonesia. Around 1998, there had been riots against ethnic Chinese in Indonesia. Despite that, our local Tzu Chi volunteers continued to care for the locals with love Tzu Chi started in Indonesia with a few women doing charity work there.

Later, as more and more entrepreneurs joined their rank, they were able to work together to do more work. Now, they’ve carried out Tzu Chi’s missions in many parts of Indonesia. Yesterday, they came to the Abode and shared with me several major projects they’re going to carry out in Indonesia.

Over the years, they’ve always funded their own projects. Many of them are generous donors. So, they’ve done very well in promoting our missions of culture and education as well as carrying out our charity work there.

For example, in 2003, we provided them with 50,000 tons of rice, and they gave it out to the needy in three years. I remember back then, many entrepreneurs came to help with the rice distributions.

They carried rice for the elderly, children, etc. and supported them to walk home. When Jakarta was affected by severe flooding thy also gave out aid to those living along the Angke River and built permanent housing for them.

This is how these entrepreneurs gave of themselves for the needy in Indonesia. Looking back, we see that many of these entrepreneurs were inspired to become our volunteers during that time.

What they did had helped to bring peace and harmony to Indonesia. Indeed, to create better society, we need people to give with great wisdom, courage and compassion.

Last weekend, our volunteers held a fundraiser at our Jing Si Hall in Jakarta in order to raise money for building our hospital in Indonesia. Many of those who helped organize the event were the wives of entrepreneurs. Altogether there were over 200 stalls.

Everything sold very well. Everyone was tired out, but they willingly gave of themselves for such a good cause to let more people know that we’re building a hospital and we need everyone’s help.

It’s just like when I wanted to build a hospital in Hualien, I declined a donation of US$200 million and insisted on collecting tiny donations from everyone.

So, when I heard their report yesterday, I was very touched. We also see the Islamic boarding school that we’ve been helping for years. When we first learned about the school, there were around 7,000 students there.

At the time, they were short of food, so we provided them with 50 tons of rice every month. We also held free clinics and built classrooms for the students. The students have also been studying our Jing Si Aphorisms and learning Mandarin.

This how Tzu Chi volunteers have been caring for them with genuine sincerity. And now, they can give back. Every time we hold an event, they’ll take part. For example, at our Buddha Day ceremony, they all come to help.

All in all, the result of giving with love regardless religion is truly incredible. Such is karmic affinity. When karmic affinity ripens, people will readily accept our love. Be it Islam, Christianity, or Buddhism, all religions teach the same truth, which is love. A world full of love will be peaceful.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: