Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141104南非發放‧紅溪清流 Inspiring Others to Give by Example

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141104南非發放‧紅溪清流 Inspiring Others to Give by Example  Empty
發表主題: 20141104南非發放‧紅溪清流 Inspiring Others to Give by Example    20141104南非發放‧紅溪清流 Inspiring Others to Give by Example  Empty周日 11月 09, 2014 3:00 am

The heartwarming images we see are of Swaziland. In October, Tzu chi volunteers from Durban, South Africa went to Swaziland to hold a large-scale aid distribution. I’m very grateful to a textile company there called Tex-Ray. Our volunteers from Durban have gone to Swaziland for over 30 times and it is this company that often provides help and a place for our volunteers to stay overnight.

In fact, it is no easy feat for our volunteers from Durban to enter Swaziland. To go to Swaziland, they had to drive 600 km. And sometimes when they passed the customs, the officers would make things difficult for them. But our volunteers are not daunted, and this was their 33rd trip to Swaziland. Although it’s not easy to pass the customs, every time they give out aid to those in need and see how they’ve received the supplies they need, they are very happy and joyful.

Their sincerity and love have touched the locals and there are now over 700 locals volunteering with Tzu Chi. For the aid distribution this time, Tex-Ray was very-generous as to prepare blankets, food, and material supplies to be given out to Tzu Chi’s aid recipients. See, as long as we sat an example, people can be inspired to give.

Sometimes when I was in Taipei and the chairman of Tex-Ray came to see me, I’d say to him, “Thank you for” “helping our South African volunteers” “when they go to Swaziland” He’d happily reply: “Not at all. We’re all very happy to help” Many of his employees are Swazi and they’re very happy to have the chance to help their fellow countrymen.

Because of Tzu Chi’s work, they have very good impression on Chinese people. For the aid distribution this time, Tex-Ray even helped set up a huge tent where we could keep the aid supplies and conduct the distribution in an orderly manner to show our respect to our aid recipients. See, as long as we have love, no matter where we go, we can sow seeds of love there.

And over time, the seeds will sprout and grow into big trees. See how orderly our Swazi volunteers are. This is a result of the guidance of our South African volunteers who have gone to Swaziland for 33 times already. It’s very heartwarming. Seeing the images, I’m very happy. It’s truly touching to see how everyone gathered together to give with love.

We also see that, in order to prevent Dengue fever, our recycling volunteers in Taiwan have mobilized to clean up our recycling stations as well as encourage people to keep their surroundings clean. We have over 5,600 recycling stations in Taiwan and every one of them will be cleaned up. After cleaning up the recycling stations and their surroundings, our volunteers also spray disinfectant to keep Dengue fever at bay.

We do so because. Dengue fever has spread to northern Taiwan. Early on, our volunteers in southern Taiwan have taken precautionary measures, and now our recycling volunteers across Taiwan are doing the same I once told our volunteers in southern Taiwan not to accept dirty recyclables from people, but instead ask them to clean their recyclables before giving them to our volunteers.

And I see that our volunteers have been working hard to encourage people to do just that. Indeed, it’s time for us to share with people what correct practices are. In the past, we only advised people to clean up their recyclables, but it’s time to push them to do so. Seeing how our volunteers going to every community to spread the word, I’m very happy and I’m truly very grateful and moved.

Thanks to our recycling volunteers’ effort, many people now know how to sort their recyclables. All our volunteers have to do is place several baskets there and people will put their recyclables into the right baskets. This is very good. It is very moving to see.

We also see the Angke River in Indonesia. On November 4,2003, a dragon boat race was held on the Angke River. We are all very familiar with the history of the Angke River. In January 2002, Jakarta was affected by severe flooding. Although most parts of Jakarta recovered quickly, areas along the Angke River remained submerged for over a month.

When Tzu chi volunteers went, they saw that the river was very dirty. The seven-meter-deep river was reduced to one meter deep due to the garbage piling up in it. Many people lived in shanties built along the river. They ate and drank from the river, and also defecated and urinated there. It was truly hard to believe.

Also, the shanties along the river had narrowed the 75-meter-wide river to 25 meters wide only. So, to clean up the river, our volunteers truly put in a lot of effort . in March 2002, they implemented a five-part plan to clean up a section of the river. And in November that year, then-governor of Jakarta expressed that he wished to hold a dragon boat race on the river.

I tried to discourage them by saying that the water was still very dirty and it would be embarrassing. But the governor said something that I still remember up to this day He said that he wanted to hold a race for the very reason that it was still unclean so that all the foreign dignitaries whom he invited to watch the race could see for themselves and compare the river before and after.

So, on November 4, a dragon boat race was held on the river and many foreign dignitaries did go. Our volunteers and the governor were also on a boat, but it was a motorboat. At one point, the engine was clogged by garbage and couldn’t move. But seeing how they could hold a race there,. I was already very grateful. Now, a section of the river is renamed the “Tzu Chi Angke River”

In Bahasa Indonesia, “Tzu Chi” sounds like the words “clear stream” In the past, it was known as the :Black Heart of Jakarta” Seeing the dragon boat race 12 years ago, I am truly very happy. This is what happened in Tzu Chi’s history. Every day, there is history to recount and Dharma to learn.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: