Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141118傳法他鄉弘孝道 Sowing Seeds of Love in Africa

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141118傳法他鄉弘孝道 Sowing Seeds of Love in Africa  Empty
發表主題: 20141118傳法他鄉弘孝道 Sowing Seeds of Love in Africa    20141118傳法他鄉弘孝道 Sowing Seeds of Love in Africa  Empty周五 11月 21, 2014 9:42 am

Dear Grandmaster, please look at our field. The seeds of love have sprouted and grown, Thank you, Grandmaster. These images of Mozambique are very heartwarming to see. See how the children sang and danced in front of a photo of me to tell me that the seeds of love in Mozambique have grown and how grateful they are.

Every time Tzu Chi volunteers there hold a rice distribution, they'll guide children to show their filial piety to their parents. This time, they guided children to offer tea to their mothers and wash their feet. On the land of Africa, we see that the seeds of love have truly sprouted and grown into big trees.

We also see Zimbabwe. In 2008, our volunteer in Zimbabwe, Mr. Zhu Jin-cai, came to Taiwan to attend a volunteer training camp. After going back to Zimbabwe, Mr. Zhu became even more dedicated to Tzu Chi He often traveled around 1,000 km to South Africa to attend training sessions and see how our volunteers in South Africa train our Zulu volunteers.

He's now inspired many locals to serve as our volunteers. In 2012, Tzu Chi members from Taiwan went to Zimbabwe to build temporary classrooms for the local children because they had no classrooms. Their classroom was made up of four metal rods covered by tattered cloths. Seeing that, our hearts went out to the children. So, we sent a team from Taiwan to build temporary classrooms for them with the construction materials they brought with them to Zimbabwe

But, the land there is full of boulders. So, it was not easy to set up classrooms there. Many women there are major supporters for their families and very capable. So, they all came to help move the boulders and clear a lot for us to set up the classrooms. After the classrooms were set up, teachers finally had a proper place to teach their students. So, many teachers have been inspired to volunteer with Tzu Chi and to guide their students with love.

Mr. Zhu is a seed volunteer in Zimbabwe. And see how this seed has grown into a big tree. He words very hard to inspire the locals to volunteer with Tzu Chi He even took them to South Africa to attend training sessions and also brought them to Taiwan to learn more about Tzu Chi's spirit. Last year, when he brought some local volunteers to Taiwan, including a school principal, teachers, etc.,

I saw that they all shaved their heads? I saw that they all shaved their heads. They said it meant rebirth. When they went back to Zimbabwe, their lives would start anew. They all made vows to me that they'd promote Tzu Chi in Zimbabwe. Last month, they held a six-day volunteer training session. There were 133 local volunteers attending the training and 57 volunteers helping with cooking and cleaning.

All of them are our seed volunteers in Zimbabwe. The classes were all conducted by our local volunteers. When the attendees arrived, our local volunteers greeted them by singing a welcoming song in Chinese.

It's truly nice to meet you. We wholeheartedly welcome you. Welcome, welcome. We sincerely welcome you.

See how orderly they lined up to welcome the attendees. Then, they gave each attendee a pair of white shoes, a green bag, a blanket and a notebook. Their sleeping quarter was very simple. They slept on cardboards paved on the floor. This was how they slept at night. Be it sleeping, walking, sitting, etc., they all conducted themselves very properly.

Even in a narrow passage, it could squeeze in two people to sleep there. Seeing how they made do with everything, I'm truly very moved. During the training, they got up at 4 a.m. every day just like us here in Taiwan. So, they got up at 4 a.m. when it was still dark. Then, they had a morning service to chant sutras like us in Taiwan.

As there were too many people, some had to stand outdoors. But everyone was very pious. They also sang our Tzu Chi Foundation anthem and followed Tzu Chi's etiquettes by holding bowls and using chopsticks as all Tzu Chi volunteers do. It is truly not easy for them.

See how precisely they demonstrated for the attendees the proper sleeping posture, as well as how to fold their blankets and stack them neatly so their sleeping quarter could be kept tidy. This was how they guided the local volunteers. They are far away in Zimbabwe, yet they are so earnest and sincere in learning Tzu Chi's values.

When they listened to my Dharma talks, they read the English subtitles and took notes attentively. See, they are poor and have scarce resources. Some traveled a long distance to be there as the training was held for our local volunteers from ten areas. All attendees are our seed volunteers in Zimbabwe.

See how orderly they lined up and how they took each step in sync and made 90-degree turns when they went to the dining room. See how orderly they were. Seeing them, we should reflect upon ourselves. We have easier access to the Dharma, but are we learning diligently? They are poor, but they made do with everything just to learn the Dharma.

They are indeed very diligent. Due to language barrier, they didn't understand a word of my talk, but they were eager to learn. They even recited the Ten Precepts of Tzu Chi and the Vow of Tzu Chi Commissioners and Tzu Cheng Members. Seeing how they carried themselves so properly and how diligent they were, I truly admire them and am deeply impressed.

Yesterday, when our staff told me about this training in Zimbabwe, I was very moved and deeply affected. At the training, when they saw the English translation of the verses we recite when taking refuge in Buddhism, many were moved to tears. They've come to realize that the reason they live in poverty and hardship is all due to the law of karma.

They are truly my endearing disciples in Zimbabwe I'm comforted to see they've come across Dharma and are learning it diligently. Seeing them, i hope we can all learn to count our blessings.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: