Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141122 Tzu Chi Education’s 25th Anniversary

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141122 Tzu Chi Education’s 25th Anniversary Empty
發表主題: 20141122 Tzu Chi Education’s 25th Anniversary   20141122 Tzu Chi Education’s 25th Anniversary Empty周二 12月 02, 2014 2:39 am

Our celebration of 25 years of Tzu Chi Education is truly impressive. Yesterday, as I watched the entire scene from the 5th floor, I felt very grateful. I am grateful to staff from Da Ai Tv and the Maintenance Dept of Tzu Chi Foundation and supporting volunteers. For this occasion, they had worked hard and very mindfully for the past several years to set up the lighting for the stage build an extended stage at the center aisle, and other details.

Setting all these requires physical work. It is not easy to setup the lighting to show a 3D effect of moving stars and lights in the universe the covers the wall of more than 20 meters tall, where stars shooting down form the roof to all around the hall. The entire stage symbolizes the straight and broad Bodhisattva Path and integrates with the sky and the earth. What a breathtaking design. They are truly mindful.

Yesterday, Tzu Chi’s school of all levels of education all gathered together for the celebration. In Taiwan, we have Tzu Chi elementary schools and secondary schools, which include both junior and senior high school. The elementary school also includes early childhood education. We also have college and university offering bachelor and postgraduate degrees. These are Tzu Chi’s schools in Taiwan.

Besides the schools in Taiwan Chiang Mai Tzu Chi from Thailand was also present. A delegation of 40 teachers and students came to join us from Thailand. These students are from Tzu Chi’s school in Thailand as we had built a school for children i northern Thailand many years ago. For these student, we see Tzu Chi’s school in Thailand offers good education. Every student is well mannered and has good discipline.

They respect their teachers and love their school. Look at how graceful and outstanding they are. Even though education is a very challenging mission with layers of difficulties we are still able to build a school and produce fine students in Northern Thailand. I also saw the little children. Though they are small they went on the stage to present just like the adult the principals, teachers, professors, and college students.

Their presentation was equally good as the adults. They did not get an easier part because they are children. They get to present just like the adults. They gave powerful presentation without missing a beat on the stage. I truly admire them from the bottom of my heart.

I also saw elementary and middle school students and their powerful presentation. I heard their voice singing loud and clear throughout the entire presentation. Because they are youthful and energetic, their singing was loud and full of energy. I am very touched by this. Our principals, teachers, and students all participated in unison. They were in the seating section. Besides those presenting on stage, those in the seating section also have their part to present in the sutra adaptation. Everyone has their part on presenting the sutra verses.

A total of 1.700 people presented the sutra adaptation both on stage and in the seating section. The presentation in the seating section completed what was in the stage. Foreign guests and other attendees had seats set up on the upstair corridor. When viewing the presentation from above, many guests who are education professionals said they were awed by what they saw and marveled at the mindfulness of the students. This year is the 25th anniversary Tzu Chi College of Technology.

I also saw alumni who graduated from Tzu chi College of Technology. Many had gone on to receive a master or doctorate degrees. Aboriginal students attending our school and receiving an education have moved on to become very successful. I am very moved to see this. Our Medical College, which is Tzu Chi University now, is in its 20th anniversary this year.

Since we started our medical school 20 years ago until now, some students who graduated had gone on to receive doctorate degree and became professors. Some became doctors, even head of a department or attending physicians by staying committed and improving their skills. I am truly grateful to have them. In providing good education good students are produced.

Many graduates choose to work in Tzu Chi to carry on our missions, including many doctors and nurses. Thank goodness that 20 and 25 years ago, Tzu Chi overcame many roadblocks to establish our schools.

If we go back in history, we will remember how it all started Tzu Chi is 48 years old this year going to be 49, but Tzu Chi Junior College of Nursing which is now. Tzu Chi College of Technology is 25 years old. We can see that Tzu Chi’s nursing school was opened when Tzu Chi was only 24 years old. With almost no resources, we carried out the charity mission and then started a hospital.

After that, Tzu Chi established a school. In Tzu Chi’s 20th year, our hospital was completed. In Tzu Chi’s 24th year, Tzu Chi’s nursing school was opened and our education mission has been expanding ever since. Thinking about these milestones, I am grateful I do not have enough time every day to express my gratitude to every volunteer for their contribution, no matter how small it is.

They do their best. Some even pick up manual labor jobs to contribute to the building of Tzu Chi missions. We see that today, our schools have produced so many outstanding talents contributing to society. When I think of this. How could I possibly not be filled with gratitude? It’s all possible only because of the united efforts of so many. There are so many to thank that if I were to thank each person individually, I could never finish saying “Thank You”.

So, when we consider Tzu Chi and the Buddha’s teachings, we find that we’ve first worked on benefiting living beings. Only later do we show how this is in fact Dharma. So, everyone has already started walking the Bodhisattva Path even before having heard about the teachings about being a bodhisattva.

Now, all these accomplishments testify that this is really the way really what the Buddha taught to go out and serve to create good for all. This is what the Buddha ultimately came to teach us for humanity to care for one another and work for the benefit of all. This is Truth, this is Dharma.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: