Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20141126教育志業成果豐 The Fruits of Tzu Chi’s Mission of Education

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20141126教育志業成果豐 The Fruits of Tzu Chi’s Mission of Education Empty
發表主題: 20141126教育志業成果豐 The Fruits of Tzu Chi’s Mission of Education   20141126教育志業成果豐 The Fruits of Tzu Chi’s Mission of Education Empty周三 12月 03, 2014 9:39 pm

For the 225th anniversary of Tzu Chi’s Mission of Education, everyone has worked closely with one heart. Those who came from abroad all shared with me that they were very impressed to see the sutra adaption presented by our teachers, students, etc. they were impressed because not only onstage were performing everyone in the audience also took part.

Seeing how over 1,700 people moved in sync was truly an eye-opening experience for them. For that, I’m really very grateful to everyone, including students, principals, professors, etc., from our kindergartens, high schools, college of technology, and university. Everyone’s movements were synchronized. It is truly very moving.

This time, the high school students from our Chiangmai Tzu Chi School also came to Taiwan to attend the celebration events. And they were all well prepared. From them, we’ve seen the beauty of our education. They presented a traditional Thai dance drama, which is about the struggle between the force of good and evil. Indeed, our hearts and minds are also the same. Sometimes our pure, true nature will manifest, but other times we may give rise to unwholesome thoughts.

Such is the tug of war between good and evil in our hearts and minds. This is also true for our society. That day, I asked which side won they told me that the side of goodness won. Indeed, as long as we harbor good thoughts and hold on to them unwaveringly, we’ll be able to well safeguard our pure, true nature. The drama they presented was very meaningful. Yesterday, they came to the Abode and what they shared was very moving.

I’d like to thank Grandmaster for building such a wonderful school for us so everyone of us can go to school and learn to help others and be nice to our parents.

With a grateful heart, on behalf of everyone in our village, I’d like to thank Grandmaster, Dharma Masters at the Abode, and Tzu Chi volunteers around the world. Thank you for carrying out a three-year program to building a village and a road for us and even teach us to plant tea. Everyone in our village lives happily and peacefully. Grandmaster, please don’t worry. I’ll follow you on the path step by step.

They were very grateful that we carried out a three- year program to help them. If we didn’t build a school there for them, they wouldn’t have the chance to study.

So, they are very grateful for being able to receive an education.

I’m very glad to see Master again today. Last year when I came, I was a 12th grader at Chiangmai Tzu Chi School. This year, I’m a freshman at Tzu Chi University. I used to think I want to make a lot of money after graduating from college. But now, I’ve changed my mind. I hope I can go back to Thailand and help the students at Chiangmai better their language skills.

Seeing how we’ve successfully lifted them out of poverty and helped children receive an education. I’m happy. Yesterday, at our reception room, they also presented a ceremony that they conduct each year on Teacher Appreciation Day. The school principal and an alumnus also presented flowers to me. This is the ceremony they hold every year to pay respects to teachers. It is a tradition for schools in Thailand.

I told them that they should keep this tradition and pass it on so that such a practice won’t disappear. They also sang a song to praise teachers.

Our respected teachers! You not only teach us knowledge, but also the wisdom to tell right from wrong. You’re always in my night prayers before sleep.

Indeed, we need to pass on morals and virtues to children. They are wholesome values for us to put into practice. To cultivate virtues, we need to take moral values into our hearts so we can carry ourselves in a respectful manner outwardly. This is how we can truly conduct ourselves with true respect. This is also what Taiwan is lacking now. But see how these beautiful values have been well preserved in Thailand. Here in Taiwan, we should also uphold such wholesome values.

Seeing that, I’m truly very touched. These children from Thailand have done very well.

A few days ago, principals from the schools we helped rebuild in Sichuan, China came to visit me. One principal shared with us that his school has been listed as one of the best schools in China. This is no easy feat given how big China is. These schools are hardly inferior to those in Taiwan. One elementary school provides dormitory from students living far away from school. After getting up, they make beds and keep their room clean and tidy.

After they graduated and go to middle school, the school principal was amazed by how disciplined they are. So, he asked them. “Where did you go to elementary school?” They answered. “Qianjin (built by Tzu Chi)”. The principal was very impressed. This is education. So, not only adults can guide others even young children can educate those older than they are. See how the children carry themselves and follow etiquette in their daily living. In Sichuan, we’ve seen Tzu Chi’s values being lived out.

Seeing that I must thank teachers from Taiwan for going there to pass on Jing Si Aphorisms to these schools and also share with them how to teach children about manners and etiquette. They’ve taken in everything we’ve shared with them. No matter what we advised them to do they’ve done it all. This time, several principals also shared with me how some children from poor families have been studying very hard. There are many stories like that.

All in all, it’s not impossible to change people as long as we have the will and work hard.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: