Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20160511 合齊之美展人文 Helping Quake Survivors in Ecuador Rebuild Their Lives

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20160511 合齊之美展人文 Helping Quake Survivors in Ecuador Rebuild Their Lives Empty
發表主題: 20160511 合齊之美展人文 Helping Quake Survivors in Ecuador Rebuild Their Lives   20160511 合齊之美展人文 Helping Quake Survivors in Ecuador Rebuild Their Lives Empty周二 五月 17, 2016 4:00 am

In Ecuador, Tzu Chi volunteers from the U.S., etc. are carrying out relief work to help people hit by a quake in April. They discussed with the local businesspeople and the local government to see what they could do to bring comfort to those affected, boost their morale, and help them stand on their own feet again.

Having decided what to do, some of our volunteers started visiting people to bring them care while other volunteers met with the local government to share with them how to best help the quake survivors.

They told the local government about the cash-for-work program that we carried out in the Philippines after it was devastated by Typhoon Haiyan. After the typhoon, Tacloban was hit hard and even described as a “ghost town.”

But it was able to quickly recover from the disaster and the locals were also able to rebuild their homes after we’d launched a cash-for-work program. Having heard that, the local government gave us its full support to implement the program there.

In these ten days, you’re going to make a living and eventually become self-sufficient.

After the locals finish their work every day, our volunteers will pay each of them US$15. They are all very happy as they can now use the money to buy the things they need. After the quake, many people lost their jobs as the disaster areas are in ruins and many businesses were closed. In their time of despair and hopelessness, Tzu Chi volunteers went to them and gave them a helping hand.

Since the quake on April 16, I haven’t made a single penny. Today, I made US$15 that will enable me to get food for my wife and children. I’m grateful to Tzu Chi from Taiwan for coming here to help us stand up again.

It’s been a week and more and more people sign up for the program and work more and more efficiently. In the city of Manta where the program is implemented, after the mayor saw how his people’s morale has been boosted he became more confident in the program and was very moved.

He and his wife are very grateful to Tzu Chi and have been encouraging his people to work together to rebuild the city. There are many touching stories like this.

Today, another aid team of Tzu Chi volunteers will relieve our first team as they’ve been serving in Ecuador for ten days. Everyone has a family to take care of so our volunteers have to take turns. For the second team, there are our volunteers from the U.S., Argentina and Brazil.

The first team consisted of volunteers from the U.S. and Chile. This time, Tzu Chi volunteers from three countries have gone to Ecuador. I’m truly grateful to them.

Life is indeed filled with suffering and it’s difficult for those in the midst of suffering to start life anew. But as long as we take the first step, the path ahead will unfold itself. What’s worrisome is that we’re unwilling to take the first step.

That’s why we must give those affected a hand. We also see that Nepal held a Buddha Day ceremony on May 8. They held the ceremony last year, and they wanted to continue the practice. See how Dr. Nirdeth also took part to guide everyone in the ceremony!

The ceremony was simple, but very solemn and well-organized. After Nepal was devastated by quakes last year, Tzu Chi volunteers went to provide aid, inspiring the locals to tap into their pure, enlightened love within. Nepal is the birthplace of the Buddha. Last year, after the quakes, our volunteers went there to carry out relief for nearly six months.

On the second Sunday of May last year, our medical volunteers serving there held a Buddha Day ceremony for the locals. Many monastic practitioners there who had never attended such a ceremony also came. Through the ceremony, they regained peace of mind despite being affected by disasters. This is how upright religious faiths can bring peace to people’s minds.

At last year ceremony, one of our volunteer doctors was even moved to tears. Their love for others is pure and selfless. The Buddha Day ceremony they held this year was also very moving indeed.

We also see New York. Apart from holding a Buddha Day ceremony, they also celebrated Mother’s Day and Tzu Chi Day. See how the children at our Tzu Chi Academy showed their love to their mothers! Hearing what they said, I find them really endearing!

There was also Myanmar. This year, the Buddha Day ceremonies were held at a school we helped rebuild in Yangon. Many young novices, who were really adorable from three temples also came to attend our Buddha Day ceremonies.

A group of farmers who had received our aid before also brought rice with them to attend the ceremonies. With everyone donating a little rice see how much rice there was! They’ve been saving up a handful of rice from every meal to help those who are worse off than them.

This is a special event at the Buddha Day ceremonies in Myanmar. The farmers are poor themselves, but they still save up rice to help others. This is truly very touching.

The ceremonies this year were held at a school we helped rebuild and were really grand, beautiful and touching. Seeing that, I’m very grateful. This year, our Buddha Day ceremony was held in many places around the world.

Take Africa for example. Many African countries have also held a Buddha Day ceremony. Indeed, as long as a religion is upright, it will teach true principles and inspire goodness in people so what they gather together, they’ll display the beauty of harmony and unity. This is what Buddhism has shown us.

See how people of all religions came to our Buddha Day ceremonies, including Catholic priests and sisters, Muslims, etc. Regardless of religion, race, and nationality, everyone took part in the ceremonies. Indonesia was also the same. The spectacular formations we see were made possible by people. It’s truly very moving to see. In many parts of the world, there was such beautiful sight. I’m very grateful.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: