Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20160518 - 拔苦予樂‧法傳非洲 Purifying Our Minds for a Peaceful World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20160518 - 拔苦予樂‧法傳非洲 Purifying Our Minds for a Peaceful World Empty
發表主題: 20160518 - 拔苦予樂‧法傳非洲 Purifying Our Minds for a Peaceful World   20160518 - 拔苦予樂‧法傳非洲 Purifying Our Minds for a Peaceful World Empty周日 7月 17, 2016 12:21 am

See how the element of water has become imbalanced! In some places, drought has occurred, and in others, heavy rains have caused severe flooding.

Coming to this world, we really should live with piety and vigilance because when people’s minds are imbalanced, the world cannot be peaceful. So, we must work harder to purify people’s minds.

In Taiwan, there are many people full of love. Last week, a fire broke out in Taipei. Upon learning of this, Tzu Chi volunteers went to bring comfort to the affected family and helped clean up their apartment.

In life, this is how we should care for others no matter if they’re related to us or not. Seeing this, I am truly touched.

In Hualien, our staff are also doing their best to look after the elderly. We old people have trouble walking.

I didn’t dare to go this way, so I made a detour. With the grab bars, I can go down the steps now. It’s very convenient and safe.

To safeguard the safety of the elderly, Tzu Chi members have been helping to improve their living environment in nine towns across Hualien. They’ve been doing this for years as they really want to do the best they can to look after the safety of elderly people. Such is the power of love.

Our volunteers in Hualien also go to Hualien Prison to give talks. Hoping to purify the inmates’ minds by sharing with them what they can do to bring true value to their lives. This is how Tzu Chi members go everywhere to serve with love.

We also see that in Sichuan, China, there is a man in his forties who suffered from ankylosing spondylitis. His back was so hunched that he was unable to lift his head and look ahead. Learning of his condition, our volunteers took him to hospital for treatment.

With two surgeries, his back was straightened and he is able to stand straight. He said he can look ahead and stand tall now. He also said he’ll serve with Tzu Chi volunteers to help more people in need. This is how people can help one another with love.

To give with love, we can start with serving those around us and then gradually reach out to more people farther away from us. After all relieving suffering, purifying people’s minds, and inspiring goodness in everyone have been Tzu Chi’s missions for the past five decades.

We also see Jordan where many people took part in our Buddha Day ceremony with a pure and pious heart. Not only our local volunteers, but many Syrian refugees and our aid recipients also came to the ceremony.

One of our volunteers even taught a girl to express her love to her mother. Buddha Day is really a good occasion to inspire love in people’s hearts. When people give rise to goodness and love, hate and resentment will be eased.

The more love, the less resentment and afflictions. This is how the Buddha Day ceremony can help to purify our minds. It’s truly touching.

We also see the same piety and love in Mozambique where more than 2,000 people attended the Buddha Day ceremony. They also sang a prayer---

Their prayer say “I’ll dedicated my body and mind to helping those who suffer. I’ll follow the Buddha’s teachings to do good. May my prayers resonate to the heavens so that I can receive more Dharma to help those who suffer.”

See! They really have a Bodhisattva’s heart. All they pray for is to relieve suffering and benefit others. In the past, the Buddha had said that everyone has the same pure nature as him.

In modern days, his statement still holds true. Everyone shares the same Buddha nature, be it the past, present or future. I’m truly grateful to see how our volunteers in Mozambique practice the Buddha’s teachings like this.

They also put a skit on filial piety. It was very hot that day so that let their aid recipients and guests sit under the mango trees and the shed they put up while they themselves sat under the scorching son.

Seeing how they endured the heat themselves and let others sit under the shade. I’m really very touched. They also held a bowing pilgrimage. See how pious they were! They slowly walked barefoot towards the makeshift Buddha hall.

See how they placed their sandals so orderly outside the Buddha hall as they knew it was a sacred place and they should not wear their sandals in.

We often speak of upholding precepts, and see how they have a line in their minds and will never cross that line. We should never break precepts. When practicing bowing pilgrimage, they gave rise to gratitude the first step they take, repentance the second, and piety the third before prostrating themselves. It is truly touching. We should really learn from them.

Who is inspiring whom? In fact, it’s them who have inspired me. I’ve felt their sincere piety within so it’s them who are guiding me by example. In all, we can give with love anytime and anywhere and we should do so by seizing every moment to serve. We should never forget our initial aspiration.

Tzu Chi started with scarce resources and over the last five decades, we’ve been leading a simple and frugal life all along. Be it 50 years ago or now, the monastic practitioners at the Abode have been giving of themselves and leading a frugal and disciplined life every day.

All they hope is that Tzu Chi missions can be carried out around the world, so everyone can be inspired to walk the broad and straight Bodhi Path. This is all they hope. They don’t seek for their own happiness but only pray people can be relieved of their suffering.

I am very grateful to them at all times. Indeed, only when we go amongst people to serve are we walking the Bodhi Path which is a straight path. For 50 years, we’ve been walking on this straight Bodhi Path.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: