Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20160525滴水聚愛共伸援 Bringing Hope to People Affected by Conflicts and Disasters

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20160525滴水聚愛共伸援 Bringing Hope to People Affected by Conflicts and Disasters Empty
發表主題: 20160525滴水聚愛共伸援 Bringing Hope to People Affected by Conflicts and Disasters   20160525滴水聚愛共伸援 Bringing Hope to People Affected by Conflicts and Disasters Empty周日 7月 17, 2016 6:55 am

As more and more countries re closing their borders to refugees, where can the refugees go and settle down?

I don’t know the future of my baby lies. All I know is that things do not seem hopeful for my baby. I don’t know how we’re going to live like this.

We feel deeply for the refugee children, but at the same time, we also feel helpless. This is a tragedy of our times.

Seeing their plight, I can’t help but regret not being capable enough to extend a helping hand to them. They really suffer a lot. There are indeed many people suffering like this in the world.

On May 23 and 24, the first World Humanitarian Summit was held in Turkey. Over 60 heads of state or governments and representatives from more than 100 countries attended the summit. Tzu Chi was also invited. The summit was held to discuss long-term solutions for those affected by disasters and conflicts and how the global community can best help them.

It is our earnest hope that all countries attending the summit can realize that to quell disasters, it requires participants at the summit reach consensus, and put it into practice. Only then can we truly save the Earth and bring peace and safety to the world. This is our earnest hope.

Currently, all around the world, there are about 125 million people in dire need of humanitarian support. How exactly can we help so many people?

If each and every one of the 70 billion people in the world can contribute they can, no matter how tiny their contributions may seem, then these people in need can be helped.

Today is also an important day in Tzu Chi’s history. On May 25 in 2011, I first called on everyone to eat 80% full and give the rest 20% to help the needy. This is an act of love. As long as everyone shares the same idea and manifests it through action, helping others is not difficult at all.

At any time and no matter where we are, if everyone in this world can work together in unity and harmony, care for one another and give with love. I’m sure the suffering that people endure will come to an end eventually.

We also see Canoa, a vacation town on the Pacific coast of Ecuador. After the quake on April 16, many buildings there were leveled or severely damaged and the town’s tourism industry was also affected.

So, our Tzu Chi volunteers went there to launch a cash-for-work program, inviting the locals to come together and help clean up their own town. With everyone’s help, the town has gradually recovered from the quake. And with US$15 we paid each of them for a day’s work many vendors have been able to start their businesses again.

The cash-for-work program has revitalized the local economy, which is exactly what we need. We’ve received a lot of supplies after the quake, but what’s most important is create jobs for the local people so they can have an income to sustain their families.

We’ve received positive responses for the cash-for-work program from the locals because they’ve not only made money, but also worked together to rebuild the town.

Our cash-for-work program has lifted the locals’ spirit and inspired them to rebuild their homes with their own two hands. The program has not only helped the town become clean again but also drawn everyone’s hearts together and inspired everyone to work together and clean up their own community.

This is what our volunteers have done to help people in this town. So, the locals are very moved and grateful.

During my online meeting with our aid team in Ecuador yesterday, our volunteers mentioned that a local newspaper reported on its front page our cash-for-work program in Pedernales, the fourth town we’ve gone to help with the cleanup effort after the quake. Many people took part in the program.

This is an example that shows how the spirit of Buddhism and Tzu Chi’s love can be spread to a foreign land. Through our work many locals have been inspired to become our volunteers.

Yesterday, our volunteers also mentioned that a Catholic church in Canoa, home to three nuns was nearly destroyed in the quake. So, our volunteers and the locals went to help clean up the church.

When the nuns asked why they wanted to clean up the church instead of other disaster areas, our volunteers replied “People need the support of religion. So, we are here to help clean up your church and then you can make plans to rebuild it.”

See, regardless of religion our volunteers showed respect to the nuns by helping to clean up their church with the help of the locals. After the church was cleaned up, the y moved on to clean up other places.

In all, many people have lost their homes to the quake and many children can’t go to school as a lot of schools have been damaged. Our emergency relief work is coming to an end and the disaster areas are gradually recovering from the devastation of the quake.

What we should do next is to bring peace and hope to the locals and help them rebuild their homes. Apart from that, we should also help with rebuilding schools as education is very important. This is what we should work on next.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: