Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20160531 調和心靈願承擔 Inspiring Goodness in People to Mitigate Disasters

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20160531 調和心靈願承擔 Inspiring Goodness in People to Mitigate Disasters Empty
發表主題: 20160531 調和心靈願承擔 Inspiring Goodness in People to Mitigate Disasters   20160531 調和心靈願承擔 Inspiring Goodness in People to Mitigate Disasters Empty周日 7月 17, 2016 7:36 am

I dreamed of having a good family and being a full-time wife and mother, greeting my husband when he gets back from work. My husband did take care of us, but when he drank, he got violent. He was fine when sober.

When he was drunk, I was so scared that I shivered. So, I often lived in fear. He was like a ticking time bomb. You had no idea when he would explode.

My sister-in-law one climbed in from the window to save me when he locked the door and beat me up. One time, he was drunk, swinging a samurai sword in his hand and saying he was going out to teach someone a lesson.

I tried to stop him. He was so loud that he woke up my daughter. I rested my left hand on the table and patted my daughter with my right hand, telling her, “Mommy is here. Don’t be afraid.”

Then. I heard a loud chop he cut my hand with the sword. The sword was wrapped in cloth, but it still cut off my tendons and bones.

Blood splattered all over the living room and across the ceiling. That’s how I’d been abused and why I attempted suicide several times.

Hearing our volunteer, Li-zhu, share her story, I can’t help but think why her life was so hard. She got married, hoping that she would have a good husband to rely on. But look at the husband she was married to!

How violent he was! What could she do? She was already married and had a family. What could she do? Fortunately, her sister-in-law would go to her aid. What a hard life she’d lived!

Eventually, her husband did come across the Buddha’s teachings, and in just more than one year, he knew how he’d done wrong and repented.

However, his karmic retributions came to bear. He had tumors on the base of his tongue and suffered unspeakably.

He had 35 sessions of electrotherapy but it still didn’t work. The doctor said the tumors had already spread to the main artery and told us to be prepared.

My husband also told us not to save him if his main artery started to bleed. If major bleeding occurs and he falls into a coma, we’ll call the doctor because he wants to donate his corneas.

He knew he was wrong and wanted to do something, so we’ll help him fulfill his wish.

Add a stroke on the side. He wrote to tell people not to chew betel nuts, kill or drink. That’s right. You’re great. It’s great that you know you were wrong.

That’s good enough. Me and our children know you’ve reformed. You know that? We know you regretted what you did.

When you draw in your last breath, you must keep correct thoughts and let go of everything else.

After he became vegetarian, he felt bad for having gone fishing and killing fish. He even talked his friend out of opening a lamb hot pot restaurant.

His friend listened to him and decided to open a vegetarian restaurant. It was a little late by the time he changed and he died soon afterwards. It was truly a pity.

In life, we should choose the correct path to walk and do good to lead a wholesome life. This is what we should do when we’re still healthy. We can’t wait until it’s too late.

We should know that our karma follows us like a shadow. Retribution is just a matter of time. So, we really shouldn’t kill animals for food just to satisfy our palate and enjoy a moment of pleasure.

It’s not good for our health and on top of that, killing creates bad karma. So, it’s not worth it.

The law of karma is true. The erratic weather patterns we’re experiencing are only a result of the unwholesome karma we’ve created collectively.

This world is filled with impurities and that’s why the Earth is having a fever.

Look at the uneven distribution of rainfall around the world! While heavy rains have led to flooding in and around some urban areas in the U.S. state of Texas, the Mekong Delta in Vietnam has been hit with its worst drought in 90 years. The land is so dry that it’s impossible to farm.

So, in early June, Tzu Chi volunteers will go to Vietnam to give out aid to those affected. Many Vietnamese farmers are impoverished.

If they can’t farm, their lives will be seriously affected. So, they are in need of help from other people. This is drought.

In Europe, lightning strikes have caused casualties. Seeing such erratic climate conditions we truly should be on guard. Man is very small.

However, people often think they can conquer Nature, so they do whatever they want. They eat good food, indulge in comforts, etc. They have too many desires and will never feel satisfied.

In fact, we should keep our desires in check. Living in this world, we should also think of people in other parts of the world, not just ourselves and those around us. We should care for people in other areas affected by disasters.

That’s why I look forward to seeing young people better themselves and become useful members of society.

Young people should work hard to better themselves by giving rise to a heart of goodness, tapping into their spiritual riches within, and moving in the correct direction to dedicate themselves to serving our world.

When Heaven is about to confer great responsibility on a man, it will exercise his mind with suffering and expose his body to hard work. Now is the time for the youth to shoulder the responsibility of our world. This is what everyone should do.

It’s rare to be born as humans in this world, so we should seize this lifetime to benefit our world.

There are many disasters in the world, so we should work with one another to help purify people’s hearts and minds and inspire everyone onto the correct path.

Before we can do so, we should start with living a frugal and simpler life ourselves.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: