Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20161230聞法行經道心堅Seizing Time to Practice the Dharma in Life

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20161230聞法行經道心堅Seizing Time to Practice the Dharma in Life Empty
發表主題: 20161230聞法行經道心堅Seizing Time to Practice the Dharma in Life   20161230聞法行經道心堅Seizing Time to Practice the Dharma in Life Empty周五 1月 06, 2017 3:41 am

“Master, thank you for giving me the opportunity to do recycling work. This allows me to have a goal in my life, and the more I do, the happier I am. My husband is too. He does recycling work all year, even on the Chinese New Year.”

“My name is Lin Dewang. I am 85 years old and I will turn 86 in five days. I am currently serving as a documenting volunteer in Tzu Chi. When I meet people, they all ask me, “Mr. Lin, how do you maintain your health? How can you stand so straight?” After thinking about this carefully, I feel the answer is quite simple. It’s because I’m happy every day and I also exercise, and use my brain frequently.

“Master said that we should be mindful. If we’re not mindful when working, how can we do the work well? In the past, I did not know how to use a computer, so I learned how to use it, even though I’m in my eighties.”

We saw some volunteers who are in their seventies, eighties, and even nineties and their minds are still very clear. Becoming old is inevitable, but their bodies and minds are healthy. It is hard to avoid illnesses at an advance age. Yet, they chose to make volunteering with Tzu Chi a priority over their own health.

“Sometimes, when I go out to seek donations, some tell me that there are people living in a certain neighborhood willing to donate. So I walk to that neighborhood and ask every household for donations. I was very happy when doing this and I was filled with Dharma joy every day.”

“Once, I felt very hungry and it was quite hot out, so I bought a small bottle of Yakult for NT$5. It was only that one time.”

“Some time ago you told me you had back pain, right? You went to see a doctor. As you have a wish, what did you say to the doctor upon seeing him?”

“The doctor asked me, “You have back pain, why don’t you get an operation? I said because I want to donate my body to the College of Medicine of Tzu Chi University. If I underwent an operation, the university will not accept my body. Thus, now I pray every day to Buddha and Bodhisattvas that I can donate my body as I wish.”    

Mrs. Kang is truly remarkable. When the doctor suggested that she undergo an operation to cure her back pain, she chose not to have the operation. Why? It is because she wants to become a Silent Mentor after passing away. She wants to keep her body intact, so she refuses to receive an operation because it would leave a record. She wants to protect the completeness of her body so that she can donate it. This is truly admirable.

We see that our recycling volunteers never stopped protecting the environment despite their advance age. Their mind is occupied with recycling work.

“I have been receiving dialysis treatment and undergone five operations, the last of which was in June this year. A tumor on my left back was removed and three of my ribs and the right half of my liver were also removed.”

“Despite my poor health, as long as my body is able, I aspire to keep volunteering with Tzu Chi and never give up on the Bodhisattva Path. Thus, I am very grateful toward Master for establishing Tzu Chi and for expounding the Dharma so that I can persevere in doing recycling.”

Listening to him, I felt very touched. Although he has to receive dialysis treatment three times a week, he uses the other four days to do recycling. This is how he practices Tzu Chi values and spirit in his life.
Whenever I hear that there’s a problem with elderly care in society, I always think that Tzu Chi’s elderly volunteers are quire blessed because they are always accompanied by their fellow volunteers.

I care for all of my disciples but I am unable to care for you individually. However, Tzu Chi volunteers can care for and accompany one another. Our Tzu Chi family is truly heartwarming! I am truly very grateful to all of you and also greatly moved.

“I felt very sad last year because Tzu Chi received a lot of criticism. Although I lost some donating members, one of my members told me that, “Dharma Master Cheng Yen will never act like that. We know that you volunteers have also worked very hard. Remember, Dharma Master Cheng Yen is not only your teacher but also a teacher for Taiwan and the world.”

“Hearing this, I could not help but cry. After this member told me this, how could I still be discouraged? I should have more courage and pull myself together. After this, I have spent my time accompanying my donating members.”

“Although I lost some members, I have good rapport with my remaining members. Whenever I visit them, I always chat with them. When they donate money, they will get a receipt, so I share with them some teachings that I heard from Master during my visits. This is more meaningful to the donor. So, these members of mine are always with me.”

See, donating members have faith in Tzu Chi and me. That’s why I always believe myself to be selfless and that there’s love in everyone.  What the elderly volunteer just said also touched me very much. Her members even help her recruit new ones. That’s what we have to do now in Taiwan.

Tzu Chi has been in Taiwan for 51 years. I often said that Taiwan is truly blessed; its greatest treasure is the kindness and love of its people. Even though Taiwan is only a small island, Tzu Chi volunteers have been to over 90 countries to provide disaster relief. These are the love and kindness that the people of Taiwan have.

I am grateful toward all Tzu Chi volunteers for giving of themselves with love. Everyone, we are all Buddhist practitioners. We follow the teachings in the sutra as expounded by the Buddha. The Buddha’s spirit and teachings teach us to give of ourselves for those suffering in the world.

Since we have the karmic affinity to learn the Buddha’s teachings, we should practice it in our daily life. The Buddha and his sutras all teach us to refrain from doing bad and do all that is good. Of course, he has ways of doing this which is the Dharma.

In Tzu Chi’s first 40 some years, I focused on working for all living beings. After 45 years, I turned my focus to promoting the Buddha’s teachings because we must spread the Dharma to the world.
What I’m most worried about now is whether I can expound all the teachings in the Lotus Sutra. “Master, you can.”  The Buddha lived to be 80 years old, and I am nearing that age as well.

My health this year is also not as good as it was last year. However, no matter what happens, I still strive to seize my time. Even though I may feel ill at times, I would rather bear with it and finish the Dharma talk of that day. Everyone, you must diligently listen to my Dharma talks every day and take them to heart.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: