Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170122救拔苦難願無間 Relieving patients of suffering

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170122救拔苦難願無間 Relieving patients of suffering Empty
發表主題: 20170122救拔苦難願無間 Relieving patients of suffering   20170122救拔苦難願無間 Relieving patients of suffering Empty周三 1月 25, 2017 11:01 am

Nineteen physicians from the department of Chinese medicine participated in the sutra adoption presentation, which has the highest number of participants of all the medical departments.
I was also moved by the medical personnel of other departments. Take the gastroenterology department for example; almost all its attending physicians participated in the presentation.

Physicians from the ENT department I also very dedicated. Led by Asst. Supt. Hsu, Dr. Wu Hung-Pin also went on stage. Together, they presented how they caringly interacted with patients. I was truly moved. I have been working at Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital for 10 years since it's opening when the land was covered with grass to now two large buildings servicing the local residents.

Standing here, I’ve witnessed the hospital's development. For ten years, we've worked cautiously in developing the hospital. Under the leadership of all the former superintendents, Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital has made great accomplishments in preventative medicine, saving patients' lives and providing medical aid in international disaster relief.

This has touched people in the greater Taichung area, the whole central Taiwan, the entire Taiwan, and even the whole world. This is something that other hospitals don't have. Other hospitals question the value of Tzu Chi's hospital. This is where our value lies. I am very touched by the sutra adaptation of the Twelve Great Vows of Medicine Sutra.

Each scene shows the emergence of bodhisattvas. Every story is very touching and speaks Dharma. We truly with these Tzu Chi's Great Love and its truth, goodness, and beauty. Especially when Supt. Chien was making vows, we felt that all the staff of the hospital are united in heart.

With persistence and hard work I believe Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital will not only shine in central Taiwan and serve many local people, but most importantly it can reach out internationally and become a role model in humanistic medicine in the medical field.

At the superintendent made the vows, I went back to the office and told my nursing staff, " We've got to take care of our hospital""for Master like we take care of our own home."  “Let’s take good care of our hospital, alright?" And they all said, “We Will take good care of the Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital for Master." Master, please be assured about that.

To me, these are the most reassuring words, which reaffirm my faith in this hospital. There have been many hardships in the 51 years of Tzu Chi. Can you imagine all the hard work? Now that I hear these words, I am so touched. Do you all have this vow? (Yes!) Good. I’ll take your word for it. Thank you!

In Jordan, I teared up actually quite a lot. There were several times in particular, I was just looking at master's picture.... in the desert wilderness, refugees have a really difficult life. Under that condition, what I saw was, at our distributions, our volunteers were very considerate.

At each distribution, they would take out Master's picture and place it in the front of the distribution site. We were thousands of miles away, yet we could feel the compassion of Master. Supt. Chien talked about our distributions in Jordan where volunteers placed my picture at the distribution site.

Sometimes I would ask our volunteers, "why do you take my picture along with you""when you go on relief missions?" They would reply, “It’s as if you were with us," "that way we feel more confident and at ease." This is why I say I'm grateful. Although I've never traveled to other countries, people around the world are my family, regardless of where they are or their ethnicity.

In fact, I’m grateful that all volunteer, Chiou-hwa, in Jordan. The reason we held aid distribution and free clinic this time was that Chiou-hwa encountered some difficulty in giving aid there. In that desert area, the weather is either scotching hot or freezing cold. When it rained, your bus got stuck in the mud. That's the kind of hardship refugees face there.

In Taiwan, we really need to cherish what we have. Although the medical professionals work is very demanding, which I perfectly understand. However, it is nothing)( when compared to the patients' suffering. Our mission is to relieve them of their suffering. When you see patients recover their health because of your love and care, I believe that is the best reward.

Such fulfillment cannot be replaced by high salary. It is actually transforming the life of patients from suffering to happiness. This helps then regain their health and live a quality life. This is like saving them from the hell of the suffering.

In the Medicine Buddha Sutra, passages of each great vow describe the illness and suffering in the world, such as facial deformity, various bone diseases, etc. I believe that, when reading these passages, doctors and nurses perfectly understand these sufferings. Hence, the Buddha is called the Great Healer.

The world of Lazuli, the Eastern Pureland, means that with the help of doctors and nurses, the dark hell can be transformed to a bright and hopeful heaven. We can create a pure land that is tranquil right in our hospital. We need to have faith in ourselves. In Tzu Chi, we have our spirit and values. Everyone is happy in celebrating the hospital's 10th anniversary.

The hospital is our home. We call this hospital our home and our mission. Moreover, our profession is doctors and nurses. The goal of the medical profession is to treat patients instead of making money. Our hospital was not established for profit. I've never asked our superintendents, “Did the hospital make profit this year?" I've never asked them this question.

Instead, I always say providing quality care counts the most. What I care about the most is people's hearts coming together and working together in unity and harmony with mutual loves a concerted effort. When the Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital was about to open, I gave them these words: gratitude, respect, and love.

We should have mutual gratitude and respect and work toward the shared goal of love. Now Supt. Chao also says these words quite often. In interacting with the doctors, he always shows gratitude, respect, and love. Doctors also do the same. We all have a common goal which is love. This is very simple, but it is not easy to unite people's hearts.

So in our hospital, we could say that being a doctor or a nurse is your calling, like my calling is spiritual cultivation. In Tzu Chi's 51st year, I told everyone our direction was spreading Great Love around the world and inspiring lasting compassion life after life. This is to let everyone know that Tzu Chi has been serving for half a century.

Now, as an international organization, we've helped many countries, whether it is providing aid supplies or manpower. This is what we do. So, for our Tzu Chi hospitals, doctors and nurses don't just focus on medical care, but working with all four missions. In helping people, we've achieved this together with our four missions.

Our love is genuine and sincere. I'm truly grateful. Superintendent, all the doctors and volunteers, we need to take good care of our hospital in providing quality care. As a doctor, you should do your best to treat patients and save their lives and ensure a good quality of medical care. This is the most important.

One of our values is to unite everyone's heart. The hospital is our home, to take good care of it. It has been truly not easy to walk the path for the past fifty years. Yet I've never complained and always been grateful.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: