Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170107正念除苦‧善愛無窮Relieving People’s Suffering with Right Views and Boundless Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170107正念除苦‧善愛無窮Relieving People’s Suffering with Right Views and Boundless Love Empty
發表主題: 20170107正念除苦‧善愛無窮Relieving People’s Suffering with Right Views and Boundless Love   20170107正念除苦‧善愛無窮Relieving People’s Suffering with Right Views and Boundless Love Empty周三 1月 25, 2017 11:30 am

20170107正念除苦‧善愛無窮Relieving People’s Suffering with Right Views and Boundless Love

Tzu Chi Volunteer Mr. Lin say: After all, I am an ordinary person. When Dr. Lan told me his diagnosis, I was taken aback, I’ve never smoked one cigarette in my Life, how can I get lung cancer? At that moment, it was truly hard for me to accept this.

Mr. Lin, a Tzu Chi volunteer, unexpectedly felt discomfort in his chest, and was diagnosed with stage 4 pulmonary adenocarcinoma lung cancer. Fortunately, with the help from doctors of both Western and traditional Chinese medicine, he survived the cancer and regained his health. He deeply felt that his miraculous survival was due to his fortitude and perseverance.

Although, at one point, he and his wife were dispirited, he comforted his wife not to let despair overwhelm them for too long. He then immediately set plans on what to do next so that he can live his life to the fullest.

Not only has Mr. Lin actively received treatments, but he has been living his life to the fullest and will continue to do so in the future by continuing to volunteer to do good and growing his wisdom-life. We should always remember that life is impermanent even when our times are good.

Indeed, in his twelve great vows, the Medicine Buddha has revealed the many kinds of sickness and suffering in the world. Being born to this world, each one of us has a physical body. Our healthy body enables us to do many things.

However, no one is born with a guarantee of being healthy throughout life; there is no guarantee to this. It is those who are truly blessed can be healthy throughout their life. There are many people who are born with missing or incomplete arms or legs.

All in all, we should always be grateful for having an intact body and staying healthy physically and mentally. Besides feeling grateful at all time, we should give of ourselves not only to better our own lives but also the lives of others as well as grow in our wisdom-life and understand life’s truth.

Otherwise, we would busily go about our lives calculating or fussing over our personal gains or losses. How very tiring this must be to create and multiply our afflictions endlessly. Ultimately, we must know our goal of life and life’s principles.

We also see news from Fuding Hospital in China, The hospital had three days off for the new year holiday, so, the superintendent, doctors, and nurses went with Tzu Chi volunteers to help with our winter aid distribution. They said that their hospital underwent an accreditation review in December, and they were very , very busy.

Yet, our Year-End Blessing Ceremony was held around that time too. The superintendent still led a group of doctors and nurses to participate in the sutra adaptation on the twelve great vows of the Medicine Buddha. Their presentation of the sutra adaptation on the twelve great vows of the Medicine Buddha, looked very solemn and orderly. In fact, Fuding Hospital’s affinity with Tzu Chi can be traced back to 20 years ago.

Since Typhoon Herb struck Fuding in 1996, Tzu Chi volunteers have been helping and working with Fuding Hospital. Last year, five medical personnel, including doctors and nurses, from Fuding Hospital came to Taiwan.

Their earnestness in participating in Tzu Chi’s activities is no less that of the volunteers in Taiwan. So, I praise them very much for this. I praise them for very mindfully learning and carrying out Tzu Chi’s spirit and values in the hospital.

In Fuding, we also have a recycling station in Tai Mu Shan. The volunteers there are very mindful and diligent in learning the Dharma. They say that only if they listen to the Dharma can they have the Dharma to inspire people to do good.

If they don’t listen to the Dharma, with people’s minds filled with afflictions and delusions, they won’t have Dharma to help people. Therefore, they encourage one another to diligently learn the Dharma.

We also see a man whose life was transformed. This man lost his legs over a decade ago when they were crushed by a massive boulder. Our volunteers visited him after the accident and moved around using a short bench as a crutch; we began to provide aid for him.

His daughter has graduated from school and is working as a nurse; she is married to a doctor. His youngest son studies in college. A volunteer asked him, “Do you have trouble paying your son’s college tuition? “ He replied, ”No problem, his sister will take care of his tuition.”

Because of Tzu Chi’s aid, this man received a chance to truly transform his life. When our volunteers first met him, his legs were so damaged by the boulder that there was no way to save them. With the support of short bench, he moved around by half-dragging his body. Now, we’ve seen that his life has improved very much.

We are truly grateful, in over a decade, this man has transformed his life. This show that Tzu Chi volunteers overseas are helping people transforming their life, just like the volunteers in Taiwan. Truly, as long as we put our hearts into it, and put our aspiration into action, our power of live has no limit.

This is why I’ve mentioned that this year’s couplet is “Create Blessings: Every Grain of Rice Delivers Eternal Love” and “Nurture Wisdom: Each Tiny Particle Holds Life’s Truth.”

Indeed, that is why we create blessings by giving love in everything we do, and nurture wisdom by practicing the Dharma to realize life’s truth. Such is life’s principles. When you change your mindset with the Dharma, with a single thought, you can utilize limitless strength to help not only one single person, but beyond his family, the whole society, the entire country, or even help several countries. You can help so, so many with the power of love.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: