Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170215 惜水潤生健康素食Conserving Water and Going Vegetarian

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170215 惜水潤生健康素食Conserving Water and Going Vegetarian Empty
發表主題: 20170215 惜水潤生健康素食Conserving Water and Going Vegetarian   20170215 惜水潤生健康素食Conserving Water and Going Vegetarian Empty周日 2月 19, 2017 4:35 am

On February 13, the light of the water supply signal will go green for Xinzhu and Kaohsiung. For Jiayi, Tainan, and Taichung, we’ll do the same on February 23. It’s been very try. If the temperature rises, streamflows will become even lower.

If this situation gets worse, there may be water rationing. For January to April this year, we’ll be using water collected last year. People in southern Taiwan should be more alert of the possible rationing of water. Drought is plaguing some parts of the world.

Taiwan also needs to be more vigilant as reservoirs here are running low on water while people’s demand for water remains high. So, Taiwan is calling for water conservation particular down south. To best conserve water, we really need to try every means possible.

We also see that our volunteers have been sharing information about how to conserve water and how to reuse water for various purposes. It is hoped that every household can take part in water conservation, thereby ensuring water use for the general public. Otherwise, a little waste of water may add up to huge water consumption causing water deficiencies for the majority of people.

Water is the basis of all life. In places without water, no living things, animals and plants, can live. Human beings are no exception. So, we really need to be cautious with water use. Water is important to our daily life. Since it’s so important, it is necessary that we make good use of every last drop of water.

It’s best that we adopt a vegetarian diet. Yet, water is also required for plants, including crops, to grow. We humans can do without eating meat, but we can’t do without grain. In addition to grain, we also need to eat vegetables and fruit, because they contain many nutrients we need.

If we stop raising animals for meat we can conserve more water and the animals can live freely in their own natural habitats. See how human beings have done so much slaughter when there is an avian flu outbreak or other contagious diseases. It’s truly heartrending to see that. Nature is supposed to be the home for animals.

Confinement rearing deprives animals of living space and needs tons of grain and water, which can actually be avoided. We can actually all live healthily with nature by going vegetarian. One of our volunteers, Mr. Zheng couldn’t keep his craving for meat in check.

He kept eating unhealthy food, which led to third-stage cancer. I used to think that a meal wasn’t complete if it didn’t come with lots of condiments. But, by doing so, we are eating condiments rather than food itself. Before, I didn’t know that we are what we eat. I didn’t choose the right foods to eat.

I ate whatever I wanted to eat without knowing that some foods are unhealthy. Now, I eat right and I am much healthier than before. One day, I read a book. It says, “What you eat determines the quality of the cells to your body.” I was greatly inspired by this idea. So, every night before I sleep, I thank all the cells in my body.

Now, I follow a simple diet, I choose nutritious food that doesn’t burden my body. Over the past few years, I’ve come to realize that the natural taste of food is great. This I sour healthy dinner. Some say that the vegetarian diet makes one weaker.

I’m a vegetarian now and I’m getting stronger and stronger. Mr. Zheng really sets a good example for how we should live our lives. If we have a natural lifestyle, Nature’s elements will regain their balance and erratic weather patterns will stop. If we human beings live by following Nature’s laws, Nature’s macro system will regain its balance.

When every one of us does our part, we can re-stabilize our ecosystems. All in all, every one of us needs to check whether our lifestyles have harmed ecosystems. We should stop our harmful behavior so all animals can live freely in their own habitats. Only then can we live in peace and safety.

We see that water is running low in reservoirs, and almost every year, when I see such news reports, I feel very concerned. Water is the origin of life on Earth. It is also what sustains the lives of us human beings. So, if the land dries up no life can live on. All in all, we need to think twice before we eat something.

We need to ask ourselves whether what we eat comes from Nature, or whether it comes from captive breeding. Captive breeding generates methane, which is one of the root causes of global warming. We also need to ask ourselves how much pollution is caused from a little chunk of meat.

What we really should do is to let all life live freely following the natural cycle of life and death. This is the way of this mortal world. Microsystems can greatly influence the macrosystem. Likewise, our life can affect the overall system of the Earth. We are accountable for the health of the Earth. We should always keep this in mind.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: