Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170205回顧印尼慈濟路Looking Back on the Charity Mission of Tzu Chi Indonesia

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170205回顧印尼慈濟路Looking Back on the Charity Mission of Tzu Chi Indonesia Empty
發表主題: 20170205回顧印尼慈濟路Looking Back on the Charity Mission of Tzu Chi Indonesia   20170205回顧印尼慈濟路Looking Back on the Charity Mission of Tzu Chi Indonesia Empty周一 2月 20, 2017 2:23 am

Tzu Chi has been established for over half a century. We have provided aid to about a half of the total number of countries in the world. It has taken a lot of efforts. However, there are still many places that we haven't reached. We hope that the word is safe and well and disaster relief is not needed.

Yet in any country, however wealthy the country is, there are still people who are in suffering. Tzu Chi volunteers have provided aid to countries in five continents. There are Tzu Chi volunteers in five continents.

Take Indonesia for instance, Tzu Chi started in Indonesia because of Taiwanese entrepreneurs there. Our volunteer, Mr. Liu Su- Mei, is the wife of a Taiwanese entrepreneur. After she went to Indonesia, she helped people there with love. When a disaster happened, she contacted Tzu Chi in Taiwan for guidance. She became a Tzu Chi seed in Indonesia.

When the volunteers came across people in need, they provided aid and brought comfort to them. A few volunteers there started charity work and gradually developed Tzu Chi's mission there. Another volunteer is Mrs. Murdaya she runs a large enterprise and has inspired many people to do good. Over the course of time, she got to know Tzu Chi volunteers in Indonesia and started to get involved in Tzu Chi.

Gradually, they expanded Tzu Chi's work to help families in need in rural areas. After establishing our charity work, they provided medical-related assistance and distributed food to people in need.

There's also another volunteer, Mr. Chia Wen Yu, who was the secretary of Mr. Eka Widjaja, a successful entrepreneur. Ms. Chia knew Su Mei well. When a disaster happened in Indonesia, she would quickly let Mr. Eka Widjaja know. ( He would then provide the much-needed assistance) so that those female volunteers were able to carry out relief efforts.

During its early development, Tzu Chi's work in Indonesia was carried out by volunteers whom I've referred to as “ladies in embroidered shoes”.

“In 1998, a riot occurred in Indonesia, where massive looting of Chinese stores took place, buildings and homes of Chinese were set on fire, and many successful Chinese entrepreneurs suffered huge losses. Their banks were burned down, so were shops and department stores. The situation was very dangerous.

Many Chinese entrepreneurs left the country, but our female Tzu Chi volunteers were very brave and stayed to carry the charity work. People who received aid from Tzu Chi started to support Tzu Chi volunteers from Taiwan. During that time, the locals protected Tzu Chi volunteers. Our female Tzu Chi volunteers kept carrying out charity work there.

When the stores were set on fire, not only stops owned by Chinese were burned, houses owned by Indonesians were also affected. After the riots, these female volunteers continued to provide aid. Some entrepreneurs were touched by these volunteers' efforts.

Mr. Eka Widjaja gave full support to his secretary and Tzu Chi. Since then, we've received great support from local entrepreneurs. Not long afterwards, Mr. Eka Widjaja took his son to Taiwan. Mr. Eka Widjaja is a Christian, but he took his son to Hualian to become my disciple. Actually, his banks were also burned in the riot.

I told him, "You ought to stay, and give back to Indonesia." So, his company became involved with Tzu Ch's charity work. Then, many entrepreneurs who knew him, also became involved with Tzu Chi. Since then, Tzu Chi volunteers began to distribute rice to the locals in need for many years. They held monthly distribution for years.

Many entrepreneurs brought along their employees to help carry rice during the distribution. The local residents began to see the ethnic Chinese residents care for them with the power of love. They did not just distribute rice once, they carried out the distribution every month. The locals received volunteers' loving care monthly. The rice distribution went for five years.

Now, the business owned by ethnic Chinese is doing well, and ethnic tension has been eased off. Back then, the Angke River was in a terrible condition. In 2002, there was a major flooding. Our volunteers dedicated themselves to providing aid. I suggested a five-part plan to be carried out.

First part was pumping out the water from submerged areas. Next was cleaning up and then disinfecting the areas, followed by holding free clinics and cleaning the Angke River. I then suggested building houses for the people living by the water. The volunteers said that this task would involve many parties.

I told them that if they were mindful, they could help brighten up Jakarta as they were wealthy businesspeople; (8:48) they could help clean up the Angke River. Because of this project, we built the Great Love Estates. Everyone, I want to tell you that with vows comes strength. Doing good deeds creates blessing. So, each and every one of you should truly work in unity with one heart.

If you can do this, you are giving me the greatest encouragement, and the most sincere offering. All my life, I only have on goal, which is committing to walking the Bodhisattva Path. I have been devoting my life to living out the teachings of my master, which is to work for Buddhism and all living beings. Yes, these words are my mission work for Buddhism and all living beings.

I truly make use of my time and seize every moment to carry out my mission. How about you? Are you doing the same? Good. Not just doing the same, you must closely follow my teachings and work in unity and harmony with mutual love and concerted efforts.

Volunteers in Taiwan should emulate the spirit of the entrepreneur volunteers in Indonesia and let people in Taiwan know how Tzu Chi is helping the local community. When a disaster happens, Tzu Chi can provide a lot of assistance to people in need. At peaceful times, we should contribute ourselves to the community. This is what we should do.

Everyone, we truly need to be more mindful. To Tzu Chi volunteers, we have formally established the Tzu Chi school of Buddhism and we are passing our Jing Si Dharma lineage. The Jing Si Dharma lineage is like clear water, which nourishes our wholesome seeds to make our wisdom-life grow. The Tzu Chi Path is like the earth with high mountains and rich soil holding the seeds of Dharma. We must be more mindful in understanding this.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: