Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170227恆守道心常為伴Staying Committed to One’s Aspiration and Inspiring Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170227恆守道心常為伴Staying Committed to One’s Aspiration and Inspiring Love Empty
發表主題: 20170227恆守道心常為伴Staying Committed to One’s Aspiration and Inspiring Love   20170227恆守道心常為伴Staying Committed to One’s Aspiration and Inspiring Love Empty周六 3月 11, 2017 10:07 am

For many years, Tzu Chi volunteers have been carrying out Tzu Chi’s work in Myanmar. So, people in Myanmar were inspired togive with love by saving rice to help others.

In a remote village in Taikky, Yangon, people inspired by Tzu Chi’s spirit and valuessave a handful of rice from each meal to help people in need.

We see that volunteers in Myanmar went to help an elderly lady who suffered from a stroke. She and her grandson live together in difficult conditions. After the elderly lady had a stroke, we wanted to help her. Later on, we met U AungThein, a volunteer from ThaePyar Village.

After he told us how he saves a handful of rice from every meal every day to help people, we also joined him in saving riceto help people in our village.

Just tell us when you run out of food. We will deliver rice to you every month.If you need anything else, just tell us. We will try our best to help.

In the past, we used to give up on helping those in need because they lived too far away.But after becoming a Tzu Chi volunteer, I feel inspired to do good deeds, and would look for people in need in other villages.

Upon hearing that this elderly lady and her grandson needed help, we visited them to understand their situation. The elderly lady and her grandson lived in a rundown house.

The grandson took parts of the wood floor and used it as firewood. Seeing their situation makes my heart heavy, but I am poor and don’t have money to help them.

Now that Tzu Chi is helping them, I’m glad that I’m part of it. When Tzu Chi volunteers learned of this elderly lady, they immediately mobilized people in the villageto help her.

By renovating her stilt house and providing her with rice saved by other villagers, they take care of this elderly ladywho suffered from a stroke.

I never thought that I wouldbecome a Tzu Chi volunteer and be a part of Tzu Chi.I feel like I gain wisdom as I do volunteer work.

In fact, the local volunteers in Myanmarwho came to help are all poor farmers. Even though they had a poor harvest recently they are still willing to go with Tzu Chi volunteers to help those in need.

Their spirit is truly admirable. We see these are loving people.Even in very poor areas, pooling their power of love together canturn their community into a beautiful place.

It is truly touching. We truly need to pool togetherour power of love.No matter how poor people are, (their small individual efforts) can be a great impact when pooled together.

Saving a handful of rice each meal allows people to allow people to (still have enough to eat) while giving them the ability to helpthose who are poorer and in more suffering.

Thus, the handful of rice bringsDharma joy to the donor and gives sustenance to others.The power of love is always pooled together bit by bit.

We work hard in carrying out Tzu Chi’s four missions, such as in charity and medicine.For medical outreach, we saw Mrs. Lin-Zhou Xiuyou, the only Tzu Chi commissioner in Changbin Township, Taitung.

She came to a Tzu Chi hospitalbecause her mother was sick.She was deeply touched by the love and care of our volunteers, doctors, and nurses,thus she aspired to be a volunteer.

I said that if my mother recovered from her illness, I would find out more about Tzu Chi,find out how I could join this organization, and do Tzu Chi work.

I am also very grateful to Ms. Fan Chunmei, a Tzu Chi volunteer; she traveled from Taitung City to Changbinevery day to accompany and guide Xiuyou.

“I set off from Taitung City at 5 a.m. On a motor scooter or by car?I went there on a scooter. It was many years ago. I rode a Vespa scooter to Changbin from Taitung City.

When I arrived, it was about 6:30 a.m. The trip took about 90 minutes? (Yes.)After collecting donations, I would buy some vegetables from her.

When I got home, I would be done with collecting donationsas well as getting groceries. Then I would begin to do housework.” Look, having the heart of a bodhisattva is indeed not easy.

She used a donation registry to help a commissioner collect donations until she became a certified commissioner herself. However, she didn’t know many Chinese characters, so she had to ask her husband to write donating members’ information for her.

“Once, someone wanted to become a donating member. I asked my husband to write down the information so that I would not forget. But he was busy.

I asked him to write things downto help me remember them, and he told me, Can’t you see I’m busy right now?You are not fit to be a Tzu Chi volunteer.”

I don’t think he meant it, but it really hurt my feelings. But it really hurt my feelings. But one day, I was watching Da Ai TV,and I saw Master talking about a female Tzu Chi volunteerwho was illiterate.

When she collected a vegetable vendor’s donation, (she drew vegetables in her donation registry.(She drew vegetables?)Yes, she drew vegetables.

She drew a fish to recorda fish vendor’s donations. After I saw this, I stopped cryingand reminded myself to be more diligent. ” She became very diligent (in doing Tzu Chi work.)

She doesn’t know how to ride a scooter, so she travels about on footor takes the bus. Before we hold large-scale free clinics, she would visit people door to door to distribute fliers.

The bus is about to come, and I need to distribute fliers about the free clinic.I distributed some yesterday, and I have to hand out the rest of them.

How long does it take to hand out all the fliers?(It takes two days to hand outfliers in the other villages.)In my own village, I don’t need to take a bus.It takes a day to give out fliers on foot.”

For places she couldn’t reachor when she needed to inform indigenous people, she would ask township or village officials to help her make public announcements about the free clinics.

She has formed good affinities with them, so they are willing to help her. Can you help me make a public announcementthat a Tzu Chi free clinic will be held at the senior citizens center?(Okay.)

“From 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.,a Tzu Chi free clinic will be held at the senior citizens center.” “She has the heart of a bodhisattva and helps others with compassion.

I’ve seen that every three months, Tzu Chiconducts a free clinic here. They have continually cared for the people here with love.“

She is able to inform everyone in Changbin Township of the free clinic by going to its 13 communities in six villages on foot or by bus. This is truly admirable.

All in all, nothing is impossible, as long as we’re determined.I am also touched by Chunmei, the volunteer who inspired and guided her.

For a long time, Chunmei had (traveled a long distance every dayto accompany Xiuyou. Xiuyou is the only Tzu Chi volunteer in Changbin.

She should inspire more people(in her area to become volunteers,)in her area to become volunteers, so she wouldn’t have to work so hard.

All in all, we should work in unity with one anotherwith the power of love.I’m grateful. It is really heartwarming and touching to see her efforts.

Nothing is impossible. As long as people are willing to put in the effort, small individual efforts can become a great strength.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: