Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170310愛心關懷無畏施Giving Care and Support to Others with Fearlessness and Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170310愛心關懷無畏施Giving Care and Support to Others with Fearlessness and Love  Empty
發表主題: 20170310愛心關懷無畏施Giving Care and Support to Others with Fearlessness and Love    20170310愛心關懷無畏施Giving Care and Support to Others with Fearlessness and Love  Empty周三 3月 15, 2017 1:52 am

The family is truly in suffering. The parents must be heartbroken to see their child suffer from illness. They also worry every day that their child may soon pass away.

There is another case of a mother of five. She has a daughter who has cerebral palsy and experiences symptoms frequently. Tzu Chi volunteers in Tacloban, the Philippines have learned about these two cases and are trying to help them.

Both cases are of children suffering from brain disease. Seeing these children, I am reminded of the case of Wu Xiaodong. He came to the Hualien Tzu Chi Hospital over a month ago and we saw how much he suffered from Parkinson’s disease.
When Xiaodong was in Shanghai, China, Tzu Chi volunteers there cared for him and reported his case to the Hyaline Tzu Chi Hospital.

“His father has motor neuron disease and has been confined to bed for 12 years. When we visited his family, we saw that they were in a lot of hardship. We saw that Xiaodong’s mother worked very hard to take care of him. So we began to assess their situation and think of ways to help this family.”

“From Shanghai to Taiwan, many people have accompanied and cared for us with love. I am truly grateful. I never thought that we would receive so much help.”    

I heard that Xiaodong’s mother cared for him, and that she suffers from severe diabetes. After learning about Xiaodong’s case I learned that when he had a seizure at home, he would roll around on the floor. He has no control over his body and would keep on rolling around on the floor like a spinning top. My heart truly goes out to him.

Supt. Lin of the Hyaline Tzu Chi Hospital decided to take on his case so that he would have a chance of improvement. For more than a month, I was concerned about Xiaodong’s case every day. Every time Supt. Lin came to the Abode on Wednesdays, I would ask him, “How is Xiaodong? Is he getting better?” Supt. Lin always replied, “Don’t worry, Master.”

In fact, the treatment process was very difficult. The medical team spent many days of discussing what medical examinations to conduct and what medication to use. After detailed examinations and many discussions by the medical team they decided to implant a medical device in Xiaodong’s brain.

But the operation was very expensive, and Xiaodong’s family is poor. His father is suffering from motor neuron disease. This is his family’s situation.

All in all, the medical team conducted discussions and treatment mindfully. Dr. Chen Shin-Yuan implanted a medical device in Xiaodong’s brain. Medical personnel then started helping him with rehabilitation. He is now able to stand up and walk steadily. Now the needs further rehabilitation.  

‘I hope Xiaodong can help his mother. His mother has been caring for him, so I hope he can help his mother around the house and also take care of his father.”

Xiaodong came to the Abode yesterday. He was able to walk with a bit of support from another person. When I saw this, my heart was full of joy that this medical procedure is able to treat his disease.

Xiaodong is highly educated. He is a graduate of Fudan University. Unfortunately, he has Parkinson’s disease which led to much suffering for him. He is better now. I am truly happy to see this.

Yesterday, he showed me the Heart Sutra that he had hand-copied. When I saw it, I said, “Your handwriting is beautiful. Tzu Chi volunteers and his mother both said that before he had the disease his handwriting was very beautiful. But after his disease, he could not write. Now, he is able to write very well. So, I encouraged him to continue writing. I also gave him a copy of the Sutra of Innumerable Meanings and asked him to recite a passage to me. While reciting, his speech was clear. Thus, I felt relieved.

I feel very grateful that this treatment is so effective. This is due to the perseverance and hard work of the doctors of the Dept. of Neurosurgery which focuses exclusively on treating the brain. It is still not possible to cure Parkinson’s, but with advancements in technology, Dr. Chen was able to implant a medical device in Xiaodong’s brain and this was the only way that Xiaodong’s disease could be treated.  

“I want to serve as a documenting volunteer. I am grateful to Master and the doctors. I am grateful to the nurses. I am grateful to all those who helped me. I am grateful to my mother.”

I am really happy to see this. This reminds me of the cases of the child suffering from hydrocephalus and the girl suffering from cerebral palsy. Their mothers must feel great heartache seeing their children in so much suffering. There is truly much suffering in life.

We also see the suffering caused by the imbalance in Mother Nature. For example, in northern California in the U.S., after five years of drought, a torrential rain suddenly struck, and many houses in affluent communities were flooded.

Tzu Chi volunteers in California went to the disaster area to provide help. The local government conducted rescue efforts, American Red Cross operated shelters for the affectees, and Tzu Chi volunteers went to the shelters to care for the affectees.
“I’m very glad and thankful for the cash aid at my most difficult time.”

This is the warmth in the world and the power of love, which is truly fortunate. Thus, we should always be mindful.  
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: