Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170317援糧施藥除眾苦 Providing Food and Medical Aid to Alleviate Suffering

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170317援糧施藥除眾苦 Providing Food and Medical Aid to Alleviate Suffering Empty
發表主題: 20170317援糧施藥除眾苦 Providing Food and Medical Aid to Alleviate Suffering   20170317援糧施藥除眾苦 Providing Food and Medical Aid to Alleviate Suffering Empty周二 4月 04, 2017 7:53 am

Recent disasters have made me feel that the climate is truly erratic right now. Humans think we can conquer nature? Nowadays, we have witnessed the mighty power of nature. We are affected by climate change and extreme weather conditions. Is it worth it to fight one another?

We should reflect upon the wrongs we have done. We should look around the world and learn how we can live in harmony with nature and love one another. To protect the environment, humans should start by protecting all living beings.

We see that in Mozambique and Zimbabwe, a powerful cyclone has brought strong winds and torrential rains, leading to severe flooding. The flooded areas became infested with mosquitoes and there are issues with the water supply.

Now there is an outbreak of malaria. Denise Tsai, a Tzu Chi volunteer in Mozambique, led local volunteers to clean up their local Tzu Chi gathering place with optimistic spirit. Once it was cleaned up, they began preparing for an aid distribution.

The volunteers who were able to come looked quite composed and were very orderly when they came in. During aid distribution, they remained optimistic and conducted the distribution in an orderly manner.

When the rice arrived for distribution, the bags were stacked neatly in containers. Local volunteers said that out of respect, they had to stack the bags of rice neatly after carrying them from the containers even though they were to be distributed soon. Their attention to detail showed their sincerity in giving of themselves. I am truly touched.  

The volunteers inspired the locals with love during the distribution. They also sang and danced. What’s most touching is that at every aid distribution, young people always hold a ceremony of washing the feet of their elders to show their respect.

People from more than 500 households in the neighborhood all went to the Tzu Chi gathering place to receive aid, and Tzu Chi volunteers inspired the recipients to help others. Even though they live in difficult conditions and are poor, they can help one another. It is very touching indeed.

For local volunteers who could not come to the distribution, their fellow volunteers delivered rice to them. Even though they are poor, they care for one another. In Zimbabwe, the cyclone also brought on problems with water and food shortages.

We see that the cabbages for disaster relief were transported to the disaster area from afar. When Tzu Chi volunteers arrived before dawn, they immediately began preparing for aid distribution.
There are local volunteers in the area, and they had already surveyed the disaster area and organized relief plans.

Once the food supplies arrived, volunteers immediately started cooking. As people at the distribution had gone hungry for several days, volunteers immediately started fires for cooking and built stoves using hollow bricks to cook cabbages and rice. We see people eating the meals happily. For the day, volunteers served over 5,000 meals.

All in all, it is difficult to endure suffering in this world of impurities. However, the people there are used to bearing adversities; it has become natural for them. Even though they are suffering, they create their own happiness. This is why they can remain there and face disasters as they come.

After the disaster, they continue living their lives happily. People live their lives differently. There are people who care a lot about their quality of life and there are also people who live a wasteful life. Such contrast in life is truly hard to comprehend.

We also see the case of Mr. Chuang. Over the years, he went from weighing over 70 kilograms to around 40 kilograms.“It was strange that even though I went through many examinations, doctors could not diagnose my disease. Even doctors in large hospitals could not confirm my disease.”

“When my husband’s disease was at its worst, he was bedridden and could only get up to go to the restroom. At the time even though I was pregnant with our second child, I accompanied him to find doctors and visit hospitals and stayed by his side when he was admitted to hospitals.”

“We spent all of our savings on medical treatments. We once spent over NT$100,000 to receive intravenous nutrients at a hospital in Changhua.”“My son had 30cm of his intestines removed, but doctors still could not diagnose his illness. He also developed fistulas.

On the internet, I saw that Dr. Chiu had treated patients like my son before, so I believed that he could help us.”    Fortunately, Mr. Chuang has good affinities. His father searched the internet and found that Dr. Chiu Chien-Ming, a doctor at the Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital, has treated patients with Crohn’s Disease before.

Thus, he went to Dr. Chiu because he believed that Dr. Chiu could treat his son.
“Back then, I had already visited every hospital I could go to and underwent all required examinations, but doctors could not confirm my disease. Because my body was weak due to the disease, I had to visit Dr. Chiu in a wheelchair.

“Fortunately, Dr. Chiu confirmed my disease, and I was immediately admitted to the hospital for treatment. Because my body was too weak, Dr. Chiu put me on IV Nutrient Therapy for a week to make my body stronger before he could operate on me. By doing this, Dr. Chiu was able to get my disease under control.”

“When I went to visit Mr. Chuang in the morning before his operation, his wife handed me a gift box. I was not comfortable about accepting it, but his wife told me that I had to accept it. The gift box contained a cake of their daughter’s one month celebration.”

“After I took the gift box with the cake and held it in my hands, I turned around and looked at Mr. Chuang, who was only around 40 kilograms at the time and looked weak and frail. All of a sudden, I realized that I was the last hope for this family, and the gift box suddenly felt very heavy. I told myself that I will be courageous and shoulder this responsibility.”

“After treating Mr. Chuang, whenever I treat a patient with Crohn’s Disease, I always remember the gift box they gave me. I am very thankful for the encouragement that patient and their families have given me. Let us all grow together and go through the treatment process together.”

We see that Mr. Chuang’s disease is now under control. He now weights over 80 kilograms. Once on the brink of life and death, Mr. Chuang was saved by Dr. Chiu and his team. This is truly a remarkable story. Thus, we need to join together so that we can have the strength to help others.

I am grateful toward the medical staff of the Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital for safeguarding people’s lives. Our doctors are very diligent in developing and researching new medical treatments. Dr. Chiu used his medical knowledge to save Mr. Chuang’s life.

I am truly grateful for this. Thus, everyone should be more mindful in learning the history and stories of Tzu Chi’s missions to understand Tzu Chi‘s spirit and values.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: