Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20170517 寸寸愛心長慧命Walking the Path of Love to Purify People`s Hearts and Minds

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20170517 寸寸愛心長慧命Walking the Path of Love to Purify People`s Hearts and Minds Empty
發表主題: 20170517 寸寸愛心長慧命Walking the Path of Love to Purify People`s Hearts and Minds   20170517 寸寸愛心長慧命Walking the Path of Love to Purify People`s Hearts and Minds Empty周三 6月 21, 2017 10:21 pm

We see that Tzu Chi volunteers, serving as living bodhisattvas, have paved the path of love in many countries. With affinities they’ve formed in those countries, they celebrate Buddha Day, Mother’s Day and Tzu Chi Day there every May.

We see our Buddha Day ceremony in Canada. Due to the difference in time zones, as we started the Buddha Day ceremony at 7 A.M. it was 7 P.M. when our office in Toronto, Canada, joined the ceremony through videoconferencing. Although fewer people took part in the ceremony in Canada than in Taiwan, the sincere piety exhibited was the same.

Although she couldn’t comprehend Chinese, she could still perceive what the sutra verses meant by listening to the Buddhist music. Without understanding the lyrics, she was still deeply touched and inspired. Seeing her, I’m truly touched as well.

In Africa, we also held the Buddha Day ceremony on May 14. The ceremony was by graced by locals, foreigners, and a director from Taipei Liaison Office in the republic of South Africa. The ceremony was held in an orderly and dignified manner by our local volunteers whose wisdom-life has been nurtured by the love in their hearts. Seeing them, I’m truly touched.

Also, yesterday, I said that I’m truly touched to see our Buddha Day ceremony formations in Marikina City, the Philippines.

The mayor of Marikina City was also very touched.

I hope we can continue to work with Tzu Chi. Actually, I have met with Tzu Chi volunteers and have consulted them about how to establish and train a municipal volunteer team.

This is what the mayor of Marikina City expects of Tzu Chi which indicates that we have made a great difference there. Although the citizens in the Philippines are mostly Catholics, for many years, Tzu Chi, a Buddhist organization has promoted its ideals in Marikina. We have not only respected their religion and brought peace to their society but also come to the aid of those in need. This is what the citizens have experienced and will remember.

So, over 10,000 people came to our Buddha Day ceremony in Marikina this year. From the aerial video, we see how the formations the y presented changed in the blink of an eye. In the walking meditation, they also acted in a very orderly manner. They’re truly remarkable.

The concentric circles they formed symbolize that their hearts were united as one and that everyone worked in unity and mutual love. Our volunteers have truly paved a path of love in the city. I’m indeed very grateful and touched.

Seeing what our volunteers in the Philippines have achieved, we still have room for improvement here in Taiwan although Tzu Chi has been in Taiwan for over 51 years. In all, we need to work harder and reach out to more people in Taiwan with goodness and love, which are also precious values to Taiwanese people.

See how our volunteers share these values with prison inmates, which is truly not an easy feat. Take for example, our Buddha Day ceremony in Yilan, Taiwan. Over 5,000 people attended. Among them, about 2,500 people were inmates. Over a long period of time, our volunteers have been interacting with the inmates, hoping to inspire love and filial piety in them step by step. In three days, we held Buddha Day ceremonies for about 2,500 inmates.

Chunghwa Telecom is also very caring, providing 100 telephone connections for the inmates to talk six or eight minutes for free with their family members. It’s truly very touching to hear how the inmates express their regret to their mothers or elder family members, repenting past wrongs and vowing to start anew.

In Hualien, a prison has invited the inmates’ mothers to visit so the inmates can express their love to their mothers.

Through offering tea to their mothers and washing their mother’s feet, we hope they can understand their parents’ love and inspire gratitude in them.

For one month, we shared with them many stories of filial piety such as inmates seeking forgiveness and a new start in life. We see Mr. Zeng, who was an inmate. He shared his own life story.

My heart valve was infected due to drug use. I was hit when caught stealing and my liver ruptured. The drugs completely controlled my mind. I didn’t know I was giving pain to my parents.

I visited him in prison every month. He was at least safe there. If he was out, he may be killed one day.

We see Mr. Zeng has completely started life anew. Many inmates, just like him have been inspired to regret their wrongdoings. Their mothers won’t have to worry about them.

Our volunteers have also inspired many inmates in Pingdong Prison. In all, this is now our volunteers’ love has paid off. The changes we see from the inmates are the best example. Indeed, giving with love will spread love around. Seeing the inmates being inspired and changing for the better is our only wish and greatest reward to us.

And this is how our volunteers have walked, the Bodhisattva Path steadfastly and perseveringly to purifying people’s minds.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: