Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20100803-- Creating a Cycle of Love (歡喜入厝‧妙音廣傳)

向下 
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 712
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20100803-- Creating a Cycle of Love (歡喜入厝‧妙音廣傳) Empty
發表主題: 20100803-- Creating a Cycle of Love (歡喜入厝‧妙音廣傳)   20100803-- Creating a Cycle of Love (歡喜入厝‧妙音廣傳) Empty周四 8月 05, 2010 6:36 am

Date: Aug 3rd,2010 (Tuesday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Creating a Cycle of Love 歡喜入厝妙音廣傳

Mrs. Huang FongYing (a Morakot survivor and a new resident of Tzu Chi’s Great Love village in Yujing, Tainan) said:
“Thank you everyone for all your care and giving us this nice home to live in.”
“Otherwise, every time it rains, I’d be so afraid and not know where to take shelter.”

Another new resident Shih WunPing said:
“I used to think it was impossible that Tzu Chi would build homes for us.”
“I always felt it was far from possible because no one would ever give us a home unconditionally.”
“I felt that it wasn’t possible. It was just a dream.”
“Even after the houses were completed, I still didn’t come to take a look as I felt it didn’t belong to me.”
“But now, as the time to move in is getting closer, I feel the dream has come true. Truly, I feel very touched.”

Mrs. Lin YuWanCian (a resident lives in permanent houses in Tzu Chi’s Great Love village in
Shanlin, Kaohsikung) helps their sister to clean permanent houses and said:
“I tell my sister that we had very good neighbors before, but our new neighbors are very good, too.”
“It’s much more convenient here and when it rains, there’s no need to worry about mudslides or having no water to use.”
“Besides, Tzu Chi volunteers will come to visit us once every week.”
“They really do visit us once a week at the village they built for us now.”
“What they do make us we feel very secured and warm.”
“I keep telling her to just move in and she’ll have a healthy life here.”

What we see is our housing complex in Yujin, Tainan.
On this 1.9 hectare piece of land, we’ve so far built 26 permanent houses for those affected by Typhoon Morakot last August.
They will be moving into their new homes today.

The groundbreaking ceremony for these permanent houses was on March 21.
Over the past four months or so, we saw how the construction workers dedicated their time and energy to complete the construction as fast as possible.
Be it rain or shine, they worked whenever they could, doing their best to complete the construction
as soon as possible.

A construction
worker, Mr. Wang JyueSing said:
“The typhoon survivors need homes to live in, so we must work as fast as we can to let them have a home to settle down into.”
“If we were the ones without homes, we’d find it tough, too.”

This is the kind of love and compassion that the construction workers have for the Morakot survivors as they cannot rest at ease, knowing the typhoon survivors have no permanent homes to live in.
Feeling the same way, many of our volunteers also set aside time to provide what help they can give at the construction site.
I’m truly grateful for their dedication and hard work.

Our volunteers also shared Tzu Chi’s culture with the construction workers and cared for them with great mindfulness and love.
See how our volunteers prepared nice and cool towels and drinks as well as vegetarian meals and refreshments for the workers.
Most importantly, these workers also learned about Tzu Chi’s etiquette.

We saw a Mr. Zhang from a construction company demonstrate to the construction workers the proper way to hold bowl and chopsticks.
The image of everyone eating together and practicing the same table manners was truly very beautiful to see.
This is the culture of humanity we’ve achieved at Tzu Chi’s construction sites.

Every one of the workers gave of themselves very happily as they hoped to complete the construction as soon as possible without compromising the quality of their work.

For example, a while back, it rained heavily in southern Taiwan snd the construction had to be put on hold.
Despite the heavy rainfall, the construction site was not flooded
From that, we can see that the workers not only worked had to complete it early, but also paid attention to quality.
This is how a cycle of love can be created.

In the last few days, Tzu Chi volunteers have been busy finishing up the final construction work and landscaping the village, as well as cleaning up every house, moving in the furniture, and setting up everything that we’ve prepared for the residents.
Fro all this that our volunteers are doing, so they ask for anything in return?
No, they don’t.
If they do, all they ask is to see the survivors settle down and enjoy peace and safety in their new homes.
This will be what brings them most joy and comfort.

Yesterday, a group of our foreign friends visited me.
Among them is Mr. Gamzou, the representative from ISECO Israel Economic and Cultural Office in Taipei. He has been in Taiwan for the past four years.

One day, his wife went to one of our bookstores in Taipei for a cup of coffee and came across some of my translated books.
She was very happy to find them, so after going home, she told her husband that she had found Tzu Chi.

Hearing that Mr. Gamzou was very happy as he had read about Tzu Chi.
So, they began looking at how they could participate in Tzu Chi.
That’s how Mr. and Mrs. Gamzou started to help with our recycling work since 2007. They went to flower market every week to help collect and sort recyclables.
Once, when they came to visit me, they vowed that when they move back to Israel, they wished to serve as the first Tzu Chi volunteers in Israel.

In wanting to spread the spirit of Tzu Chi to more places around the world, they thought of inviting David D’Or, their friend and well-know Israeli singer, to perform and raise funds for Tzu Chi.
So, seizing the chance when David D’Or was invited to give a performance in Thailand, they invited him to Taiwan to perform for Tzu Chi.
He really did come, and that was how his affinities with Tzu Chi began.
When he came to visit me in Hualien with Mr. Gamzou, he asked to be my disciple as he was very touched by Tzu Chi.

This time, after giving a performance in Beijing, China, he decided to come to Taiwan to see me.
A few days ago, he gave a performance in Taipei.
This was a farewell performance organized by Tzu Chi volunteers for Mr. and Mrs. Gamzou.

Yesterday, they all came to Adobe. Mr. D’Or said that he has given a total of 25 performances around the world to fundraise for Tzu Chi.
What he has done is indeed very moving.
For every performance, he sings the prelude to the musical adaptation of the Sutra of innumerable Meanings and The Prayer.
He says that every time he sings the prelude to the Sutra of innumerable Meanings, he sings it very piously and is always to touched that he feels like tearing up.

Yesterday, I told him that he is spreading Tzu Chi’s teachings through his singing and he as very happy to hear that.
In fact, he is a Jewish faith, and he has also chosen to be my disciple and dedicate himself to Tzu Chi.
He truly uses his amazing voice to spread the teachings of Tzu Chi, which is very touching.

As Mr. and Mrs. Gamzou as well as Mr. D’Or and his family will be leaving Taiwan tonight, they especially came to visit me
yesterday.
It is indeed a little hard to see these foreign friends of mine leave as our deep connection with one another truly makes it hard for us to part.

Nevertheless, we look forward to seeing them again next year as they’ve promised me.

(Source: Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下

20100803-- Creating a Cycle of Love (歡喜入厝‧妙音廣傳)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: