Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200317同心說法共造福 Working Together to Encourage Vegetarianism

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200317同心說法共造福 Working Together to Encourage Vegetarianism Empty
發表主題: 20200317同心說法共造福 Working Together to Encourage Vegetarianism   20200317同心說法共造福 Working Together to Encourage Vegetarianism Empty周五 4月 10, 2020 7:37 am

#人間菩提

The coronavirus outbreak has indeed become a pandemic. What makes everyone afraid and worried is that it is not clear how the virus will further spread and how its spread may be contained. The only way we can end the outbreak is by going vegetarian, cleansing our minds, and harboring sincere piety. Going vegetarian is very easy, but it seems difficult for many people to change their habit of eating meat and eliminate their desire for meat.

If we can all eliminate our desire for meat and harbor sincere piety at all times, we can live with all life in harmony and enjoy safety and peace rather than be afraid or worried. I’ve been urging everyone to go vegetarian and pray with sincere piety for the outbreak the outbreak to end quickly.

I hope that everyone can become a strict vegetarian and love all life. By eating vegetarian, we can enjoy good health as grains, vegetables and fruits can provide us with sufficient nutrients. In addition to good health, we can also gain peace of mind. Free from the guilt of killing animals, we can lead a happy and peaceful life.

We see an eight-year-old girl in Xiamen.

She has been a vegetarian for six years. Some people are not wise. I’d like to share why I think so. They think that it’s good to eat vegetarian and that they shouldn’t eat animals. Yet, why do they choose to eat vegetarian for only one month? And during this one month, some of them can’t refrain from fried meat.

If we make it a habit to eat vegetarian, it will be easy for us to continue doing so for one month or even a year. One month is obviously a short period of time. It’s best if we can eat vegetarian throughout our lives.

With a pure heart, the girl has been eating vegetarian for six years. She feel that eating vegetarian is very easy, has many benefits, and brings her great joy. So, she wonders why some people eat vegetarian for only one month. A year passes by very quickly, too.

So, it is very easy for us all to eat vegetarian throughout our lives. See how she has deeply understood how easy it is to eat vegetarian and how clean and healthy vegetarian food is. We also see a two-year-old girl.

Can we eat animals?
No.
Why can’t we eat animals?
Animals carry germs.
Are there other reasons?
Animals would suffer. That’s right.

She has been a vegetarian since before birth. In addition, before each meal, she prays and expresses her gratitude. She truly harbors a grateful heart. Since children can eat vegetarian, why can’t we adults do the same?

In the fact of the coronavirus outbreak, I’m so worried every day that no words can describe how concerned I am. Now, the only thing I can do is keep calling on everyone to go vegetarian. It’s my only wish that everyone can do so. However, it is truly not easy to make everyone in the world switch to a vegetarian diet.

Two weeks ago, our Tzu Chi University launched a campaign to encourage our students to go vegetarian. Those with a discount coupon can enjoy 30 NTD(1 USD) off for each vegetarian meal. When I learned about that, I said: “The Abode will fund 1,000 discount coupons.” After I said that, a few Tzu Chi members present also offered to each fund 1,000 coupons. I didn’t call on them to join the campaign, but they voluntarily funded nearly 5,000 coupons altogether.

I also encouraged our professors to promote vegetarianism to Taipei. I hope that our students can all go vegetarian and that our Tzu Chi members can encourage more vegetarian eateries to join the campaign so people can use the coupons to enjoy 30 NTD (1 USD) off at their eateries.

Our Tzu Chi volunteers in Songshan have also been promoting vegetarianism.
Master said that the only way to end the outbreak is by going vegetarian.
We make vegetarian meals ourselves. A fellow Tzu Chi volunteer suggested that we can also give out discount coupons.

The chief commissioner of a commercial building is very willing to help. He said, “That’s easy. I can message everyone in the building to encourage them to take part.”  It’s not difficult to promote vegetarianism, but it takes time for people to change their diet.

I’d like a bowl of braised noodle soup. It’s 80 NTD (2.64 USD).
This coupon is valid at 30 NTD (1 USD) and we also offer a discount of 20 NTD (0.64 USD). So, you only need to pay 30 NTD (1 USD).

The eatery owner has joined our campaign by offering a discount of 20 NTD (0.64 USD). This is very touching. This is how he reminds everyone to be vigilant of the outbreak and harbor sincere piety at all times. We all need to go vegetarian, stop killing animals for meat, nurture a loving heart, and harbor sincere piety at all times.

Our Tzu Chi commissioners also encourage our aid recipients to go vegetarian. They share with them the benefits of vegetarianism and encourage them to adopt a vegetarian diet. This is how our Tzu Chi members give with love to guide more people to learn from the outbreak.

I think that we humans truly need to learn from the outbreak. Humans nature is inherently kind. I think this pandemic brings to the entire world lessons for all of us to learn.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: