Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200315與佛同心發悲憫Emulate the Heart of the Buddha and Have Compassion for All

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200315與佛同心發悲憫Emulate the Heart of the Buddha and Have Compassion for All Empty
發表主題: 20200315與佛同心發悲憫Emulate the Heart of the Buddha and Have Compassion for All   20200315與佛同心發悲憫Emulate the Heart of the Buddha and Have Compassion for All Empty周五 4月 24, 2020 2:08 am

I began volunteer training in 2016, and saw a video of water being pumped into cows to artificially increase their weight, however several cows died because of it. Life became simpler after I became a vegetarian. My grocery bill is much lower; I can buy many kilos of vegetables with the money I used to spend on meat.

A year after being a vegetarian, I had a physical exam, and found that my uric acid level has lowered. Dr. asked if I was eating a vegetarian diet because of my blood test were great.

Everyone is capital of learning the same great compassion of the Buddha. Buddha share a common spirit of loving-kindness which makes them concern for living beings. This spirit of great loving-kindness is something we should seek to comprehend and experience ourselves.

It is a common spirit because are Buddhas of the past, present, and future undoubted share the same heart of great loving-kindness. I often tell all of you that we need to transform our mundane mind Into the heart and mind of the Buddha. If all of us can share this same frame of mind and spirit which is the loving-kindness all Buddhas share, then when we unite, having one heart and mind, there will be great power and strength, and we will be able to help suffering beings of the world.

All Buddhas are concerned and grieve for living beings. We must exercise the same loving-kindness that the Buddhas have. Only then can we save living beings. But, is everyone capable of such compassion? Yes, it is just that ours are covered over and buried away by our ignorance and delusion.

The Buddha taught us ways of practice. What we must work hard at is cleansing the mind. To cleanse the filth of ignorance and afflictions, we must employ the Dharma. The Dharma is like water. To clean dirtied objects, water is needed. To rid afflictions of the mind, Dharma teachings are needed.

The Water Repentance text provides methods for cleansing the afflictions and impurities of our minds. Repentance means cleansing like using water to clean away filth. We need to repent because we have afflictions within. We must face our afflictions or our past wrongdoings.

If we have done wrong, and then try to cover up our wrongdoings or hide them, the seeds of afflictions and ignorance would essentially build up layer upon layer. Nowadays, there are many people who engaged in wrongdoing in the past, but they have covered this up, not letting anyone know. This is how people hide or cover things up.

Repentance is about facing our misguided, dishonorable or humble past. We must be very brave and open up our hearts and minds and bring the afflictions and impurities within out into the light. I often say, after revealing one’s mistakes, one will improve. Many people have led misguided lives. We should not cover up our past mistakes. We must bravely uncover them and take the initiative to confess them. This is what it means to repent.

Only by repenting can we cleanse ourselves of our defilements and have a brand-new start. That’s why people often say, I have been reborn. The me of yesterday, of the past, is now dead. I am a brand-new person today. This is the meaning of repentance.

Repentance is to repent the past which means to cleanse. We must utilize teachings that come from the Buddha’s wisdom as water to cleanse the filth of our minds.

I urge everyone to join this activity. I hope this coronavirus can stop spreading, and humans don’t kill animals anymore.

I thought about eating vegetarian meals. But, to actually do it, I need some push. When you guys are here, you can remind me. I might say to myself, ok, I’ll do it. And I’ll actually do it.

I frequently tell everyone to bring forth our compassion, to sincerely repent and pray, and I hope that our sincere prayer can reach the Buddhas and all those above. Sentient beings, as the Buddha had said, are filled with defilements. Through countless lifetimes, we have continually accumulated layer upon layer of impurities.

Who is entirely without sin? Who can say, I have not created any bad karma. I have not committed any sins. For sure, everyone comes into this world carrying seeds of bad karma from past lives. Hence, everyone has sins and negative karma. So, who can say that they are sinless?

Even when the Buddha was alive, he too endured karmic retributions. The Buddha also had headaches, back pains, illnesses, foot injuries, and tetanus. These were the karmic retributions. The Buddha willingly accepted them.

We should understand this and know that no one is without transgressions just that some have awakened to life’s truth earlier and can face their negative retributions with joyful acceptance, positive understanding, and a grateful attitude.

Consequently, the Dharma, like a pure stream, cleanse them. When one faces karmic retribution with joy, it is actually a cleansing. It cleanses the person of one layer of ignorance and exhausts one bit of negative karma. Therefore, if we have created negative karma, we definitely will suffer the retributions.

As it is the effect of what we created, we should accept it and endure it with joy. That’s why I often say we must be content, grateful, understanding, and tolerant. When dealing with people, events and things in our everyday life, we inevitably give rise to evil thoughts.

If we utilize these simple principles, our minds can constantly be serene and tranquil. Everyone, if there are defilements we must constantly repent and cleanse our impurity with the pure water of the Dharma. So, all rests on perspective, we must be mindful at all times.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: