Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200514落實佛法信願行With Faith Come Action and Joy

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200514落實佛法信願行With Faith Come Action and Joy Empty
發表主題: 20200514落實佛法信願行With Faith Come Action and Joy   20200514落實佛法信願行With Faith Come Action and Joy Empty周日 6月 14, 2020 4:08 am

Buddha Day is an important day of the year. We all know that there was once a great person in this world known to us as the Buddha. He came to this world to expound to people the many true principles of life. We must live out these true principles. They are to be practiced in the world.

Our volunteers in the Philippines truly have my admiration as they've taken the Dharma to heart. In Bohol, our volunteer, Mr. Joven Uy, has shared with everyone that the only and the most important way to end the COVID-19 pandemic is if we can all go vegetarian and serve for the good of all.

It brings me great joy that he has taken all my worlds to hearts. He not only lives out my words but also shares them with everyone. He has set a good example by living out my words instead of simply asking others to do so. He came to see me for the first time in 2017. Inspired during that visit, he began to eat vegetarian and he helped students continue with their education after he went back.

He became a Tzu Chi volunteer and began to carry out Tzu Chi's work by helping students and the needy. We see student who has received our aid. He was very endearing when he was little. Yet, when he was five years old, one of his hands god burned. As his family was poor, he grew up without receiving much treatment.

"I had low self-esteem. My right hand was scarred and deformed, which made me feel ashamed. When at school, I always covered my hand with a handkerchief."

After learning of his situation, our volunteers not only helped him continue with his education but also arranged for him to receive surgery. Now, his confidence has been restored.

"Thanks to Tzu Chi's tuition aid, I can continue with my education. So, I also wish to help others and learn to do good.

I've drawn a sketch of Master Cheng Yen. To express my gratitude, I'd like to give this gift to Master."

The sketch of me is very lifelike. What's most admirable is how he has vividly portrayed the lines and color of my long monastic robe. It is truly like the real one. His drawing skills are outstanding and the sketch is very beautiful. What he has done is truly not an easy feat.

On Buddha Day, we also saw a piece created based on a cover of the publication on my meetings and teachings. With one stitch after another, nine volunteers worked together on the cross-stitch piece. Stitch by stitch, they crafted the piece so well that it looks the same as the cover of the publication. The words and my portrait are rendered truthfully. This is an ability of our volunteers.

When we are mindful, we can tap into our potential. Like our potential, Buddha nature is innate within us. With Buddha nature, we can overcome all difficulties. Our true nature is pure. With it, we can accomplish all great things. When we learn the Dharma mindfully, have faith in it and take it to heart, we will be filled with joy.

We also need to strengthen our faith in living out our vows. When others accomplish great things, we must have faith that we can do it too. This is how we practice the Dharma in life. It is not easy to live out the Dharma. Our volunteers can create artworks, but I cannot. What they do is not an easy feat.

In all, if we give of ourselves with joy, it will be easier for us to accomplish great things and create merits. When we harbor genuine sincerity within, we can strengthen our faith in living out our vows and act in line with all Dharma principles. When we learn the Dharma mindfully and take it to heart, we will be filled with joy and understand the Dharma clearly.

And, when we see others serve as wholeheartedly as we do, we will have faith in them. We will also have more faith in ourselves because we share the same beliefs as them. Also, when our beliefs are correct, we will have more faith in living out our vows. We must give rise to joy and strengthen our faith so we will have more strength to live out vows. We need to work in unity and harmony and share the same aspirations. With faith, we can work together to live out our vows.

When we see others go amongst people to serve, we will also give rise to joy. We all stay true to this belief. We need to learn the Buddha's teachings and strengthen our faith continuously so we can act in line with all Dharma principles.

The Buddha's greatest purpose of coming to this world was to purify people's hearts and minds and guide everyone to practice the way of Bohisattvas and go amongst people to serve so as to deliver all living beings. We must all harbor goodness within and share the same aspiration to go amongst people to serve and deliver all living beings. If we harbor unwholesome thoughts and seek self-interest, we will do unwholesome acts in the world.

As many people do not do good with the same heart, there are many unwholesome acts in the world. They only work for their own good, which is an unwholesome act. So, we must often practice repentance.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: