Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200729開闊心靈行大道Embracing Those in Need as Family

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200729開闊心靈行大道Embracing Those in Need as Family Empty
發表主題: 20200729開闊心靈行大道Embracing Those in Need as Family   20200729開闊心靈行大道Embracing Those in Need as Family Empty周日 8月 23, 2020 6:55 am

Everyone needs to interact with mutual love. For more than 50 years, we Tzu Chi members have ceaselessly been caring for the elderly, cleaning up their homes, and bringing them comfort and love. We see how our volunteers give with love to benefit humanity.

Two of our Tzu Chi commissioners in South Korea, who are a married couple, truly share the same aspiration. They drive long distances to bring continued care to the elderly.

These are foods you might need before our next visit.
Not even my children have come to see me, but you’ve brought care to me although we’re not related.
We know you live alone and might feel lonely. We’ll be with you. Don’t worry.

The elderly lady lost her home to a fire and lives in something like a shipping container now. Despite the long journey, our volunteers cherish their affinity with her and often drive there to bring aid and care to her. In all, when we give with love, we won’t let long distances, rough roads, or filthy living spaces hold us back. Our volunteers serve with great loving-kindness. Although they are not related to the needy, our volunteers clean up their homes so they can live there more comfortably.

We see Gulangyu Island (in Xiamen of China.) It is merely two square kilometers or so. Despite being small, it is a UNESCO world cultural heritage site. Many of the residents are elderly people. An aid recipient of ours live down an alley that is so narrow that people can only pass through it by forming a line. Cleaning up his home always takes much hard work, but our volunteers do it willingly with joy.

Are you happy with our visit?
Yes.
Why?
You’ve brought joy to me.
We’ve cleaned up your home. How do you feel? Do you feel more comfortable?
Yes.

We asked him to come out with us. If he always stayed at home, he’d feel depressed. We also guide him to do good.
We cherish our affinity with him and often interact with him. We care for him just like our family as we hope that he’ll always be happy.

He lives alone and our volunteers bring care and aid to him. Originally, his home was poorly equipped. He did not even have a toilet. The public restroom was far from his home. He had to walk over 20 minutes to use it.

Sometimes, I couldn’t make it to the restroom in time. I’d end up wetting my pants so I had to wash them.
This happened all the time. So, I say that we need to install a toilet for him.
I thought no one (on Gulangyu Island) was too poor to have a toilet at home. We’ve installed a toilet for him before the Chinese New Year. Seeing that, he must be very happy.

There is no difficulty that our volunteers cannot overcome. They’ve even installed a toilet for him. These volunteers in Xiamen truly do all they can to relieve people’s suffering. They’ve cleaned up his home, and although his home is cramped, they’ve installed a toilet for him so he can live with dignity. This world is filled with much suffering.

I often say that our volunteers truly are living bodhisattvas who practice the Buddha’s teachings to relieve people’s suffering. They listen to the Dharma, take it to heart, and live it out. They feel others’ suffering as their very own and serve with great loving-kindness and compassion to relieve their suffering.

As the climate in Gulangyu Island is humid, paint is not an appropriate material for the walls. Cedar planks are not appropriate either, as he smokes and cedar planks are not fireproof. So, we chose a composite material that is both waterproof and fireproof.

The Thirty-Seven Principles of Enlightenment teaches us that our body is unclean and impure. I don’t think the toilet is dirty. By cleaning it, I also cleanse the defilements deep in my heart and mind.

He may only have given his clothes a quick rinse as they still felt sticky and had a heavy odor. Whenever we visit him, we rewash his clothes.

Only our volunteers are willing to do that. No words can describe my admiration for them. I can only share the work they’ve carried out. Whenever they see people in suffering, they always think of the true principles expounded by the Buddha. They care for our aid recipient and help him regain the ability to use his hands.

Despite mild mental retardation and less hand mobility, he can do many things now thanks to the guidance from our volunteers. This has been made possible by our volunteers’ patience, love, and mindful dedication.

I feel his suffering as my own. We should care for people like him and guide them with patience. Master says that everyone can be guided and inspired. We’ll continue to care for him so he can walk better on his path in life.

Our volunteers view everyone as their own family. See how they’ve cared for him, installed a toilet in his cramped house, and guided him to keep his home clean. They indeed have my admiration. There are truly too many life’s truths to share. I’m very grateful to these volunteers in Xiamen of Fujian Province as they’ve paved a smooth and broad Bodhisattva Path by carrying out Tzu Chi’s work. Although they serve in a narrow alley, our volunteers have paved a smooth and broad Bodhisattva Path.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: