Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200730慈悲淨念法潤心Serving with a Pure and Loving Heart to Relieve Suffering

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200730慈悲淨念法潤心Serving with a Pure and Loving Heart to Relieve Suffering Empty
發表主題: 20200730慈悲淨念法潤心Serving with a Pure and Loving Heart to Relieve Suffering   20200730慈悲淨念法潤心Serving with a Pure and Loving Heart to Relieve Suffering Empty周日 8月 23, 2020 7:00 am

If our minds are not nourished by the Dharma, they will be like arid land. If arid land is not moistened by a proper amount of water, no seeds will sprout there. So, after we sow seeds on arid land, we must water the seeds every day so that the soil will be moistened, enabling the seeds to sprout. I often say that with good conditions, a seed can grow into a big tree and yield countless seeds.

We should know that each of us is like a seed. So, we must not underestimate ourselves. It is a great pity if we simply sweep seeds away. We should pick up the seeds and sow them instead. Each Dharma teaching is also like a seed, and we must take all of the teachings to heart.

"The money in our coin banks will go to help those worse off. So, by donating money in our coin banks, we can sow blessings upon blessings."
"I'll take home a coin bank as I wish to do good. As I'm advanced in age, I can only make a small donation. Even so, I'll save money bit by bit. When I fill up my coin bank, the money can go to help the needy."

We should not only take the Dharma to heart, but also live it not (for the greater good.) When we take the Dharma to heart, it will nurture our minds. And, when we take in more Dharma teachings, we will be able to share them with others according to their different aptitudes. As we do so, we will be filled with spiritual joy. So will those who we share the Dharma with. This is why we must take the Dharma to heart.

Also, by taking the dharma to heart, we can penetrate subtle, wondrous principles and pave a smooth Bodhisattva Path. If we do not walk the Bodhisattva Path, we will remain far away from Buddhahood. So, we must walk the path mindfully. There are many people suffering around the world. There are many people suffering around the world. As we've been safe and well, we must count our blessings and sow more.

We see that although Haiti is far away from Taiwan, our volunteers carry out Tzu Chi's work and distribute rice to the needy there. Before distributing rice, they need to make plans mindfully, making sure that those most in need will receive the rice so those who do not receive rice will identify with our volunteers' arrangement. They are suffering indeed, but those rice recipients are worse off. Given the limited amount of rice, they are happy that the rice is given out to those worse off. See how thoughtful our volunteers are.

Our volunteers in Haiti help and care for people there at all times. Take Fr. Zucchi Olibrice for example. He had an opportunity to be transferred to Vatican and serve in a higher position. Yet, he is more than willing to serve in Haiti as he deems it his calling to carry out Tzu Chi's work there. How could this be possible if he did not harbor pure, selfless love and give with loving-kindness and compassion? As he always upholds pure and wholesome thoughts, he can concentrate on his work and is more than willing to serve in Haiti. Also, through doing Tzu Chi's work, he can guide and inspire many people there.

Another volunteer, who is helping Haiti construct an electricity grid is also more than willing to carry out Tzu Chi's work so as to benefit the people there. Through concerted effort, our volunteers there bring aid to more than 10,000 people daily. I'm very grateful and touched. Our volunteers have been distributing rice recently. They've even trekked through mountain roads and held a rice distribution in a farming village.

"Villagers here make a living by growing fruits and vegetables. Each sack of rice we we give represents our love and care for those affected by COVID-19. Their lives have become even harder due to the pandemic.
As we harbor love within, we give care. Without love, we wouldn't come here today."

Now in Haiti, there are also many COVID-19 cases and many people are suffering from hunger. Despite the pandemic, our volunteers have climbed mountains and reached out to the village. As the village has been affected by drought, nothing can grow on the land, and the lives of those in poverty and suffering have become even harder.

So, our volunteers in Port-au-Prince traversed mountain roads to give out rice in the village. Who else is willing to do that? They truly are living bodhisattvas. What they've carried out is not an easy feat. they indeed deserve our respect.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: