Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200802甘願付出菩薩行Charity Works in Douliu

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200802甘願付出菩薩行Charity Works in Douliu Empty
發表主題: 20200802甘願付出菩薩行Charity Works in Douliu   20200802甘願付出菩薩行Charity Works in Douliu Empty周五 9月 18, 2020 6:54 am

During the videoconference yesterday, a group of volunteers came to Hualien, while another big group was in Douliu; both groups were in the videoconference. They started by saying that because of the COVID-19 pandemic, they were even busier; they also took this time to visit care recipients, and installed bathroom grab bars for the elderly.

At night, how do you come in to the bathroom?
I turn on the light outside and keep the door open.
Press it. See, the light is on!
Oh, it’s bright!
This is very ideal. I can grab and hold on to it.

The grab bars will keep her safe. Volunteers worried that she would slip in the bathroom. They also came upon a care recipient whose house is shabby with a leaky roof. Volunteers decided to repair the house. A group of Tzu Changs made plans to fix the house together; they replace the parts that were rotten or had water or insect damages. The roof has a new structure, which was built and repaired by the volunteers.

However, seeing the volunteers are all with age, and climbing on the roof, I was concerned for them. After their report, I told them, I am very touched but this is dangerous! When you do this kind of work, I worry for you! Seeing you have finished the work, I am moved.

Bodhisattvas cannot bear to see living beings suffer. The Bodhisattva Path is difficult to walk, but volunteers walk it willingly. There is a sweet element along this willingness, and they serve happily. The family celebrated with volunteers afterwards like moving to a new home; such is the world, the world of Tzu Chi, where living bodhisattvas cannot bear to see living beings suffer, so they work to finish the task.

Tzu Chi volunteers have eliminated their afflictions. Their hearts are filled with the Bodhisattva spirit. Their life direction is to serve as living bodhisattvas. So, volunteers gathered their strengths together to serve like this and complete tasks like this. This is truly touching.

While I was listening and watching the report, I couldn’t describe how moved I was. Meanwhile, our volunteers in Douliu started to say, Come, Master. We take you to Douliu. Come with us. Master, let us show you the place. They started giving me a tour around our recycling station in Douliu.

The recycling station is very spacious. They put up shelves and arranged things on them neatly. There were more than 50 volunteers in this station sorting out recyclables. Particularly, when they recycle glass bottles, it is not an easy job. They explained to me glass is cheap and the money for recycling glass bottles is low. But, Master says we do this not for the profit, but for environmental protection.

These battles are worthless. No one wants them, so they get thrown away everywhere, become dirty with stagnant water inside. So, they have to collect glass bottles and bring them back. To sort those glass bottles is truly a laboring job. But, when thinking of protecting the environment and caring for the Earth and that recycling bottles can stop mosquitoes from growing which will keep people healthy, our volunteers are very willing to do it.

This is our recycling effort. When volunteers are doing recycling, people see this and say, Tzu Chi volunteers should not get involved in this. This should be the government’s job. Our volunteers would say to them, this is not the government’s job. Doing recycling is everyone’s job. It keeps our environment clean. Bottles lying around houses in communities will encourage the growth of mosquitoes. So, every one of us must pick them up keeping the environment clean.

So, when doing recycling, our volunteers can educate people. As they recycle, they educate people. They explained this yesterday. I am truly touched. They are also very diligent in learning the Dharma. Every morning they listen to my Dharma talk. With the Dharma in their hearts, they serve the world to inspire and transform people.

Moreover, they love and care their fellow volunteers. Tzu Chi volunteers are like one family. They take care of the elderly volunteers. When elderly volunteers do recycling, they are taken care of by this big family of Tzu Chi so, they are very safe.

So, if we can get rid of our afflictions, our world will be a pure world, one filled with love. These recycling volunteers not only purify the land, they also purify their own hearts.

It’s been 30 years since Tzu Chi started recycling. 30 years ago, on August 23, I gave a speech in Taichung. The sound of people’s applause was bothersome. So, I said to the audience, how about using your applauding hands to do recycling? Because of these words using your applauding hands to do recycling Tzu Chi has been doing recycling for 30 years.

Doing recycling can get rid of dust and clean away filthy things. By recycling what can be recycled, we reduce air pollution and help keep the land clean. We purify the air and protect the land. Such are Tzu Chi recycling volunteers.

Think about this. I am very grateful. Besides giving of themselves to help people in suffering, Volunteers also protect land from being polluted and purify the air. So, they are truly living bodhisattvas in the world. I am very grateful and very touched.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: