Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200827轉念茹素救地球Practicing Vegetarianism for the Wellbeing of the Earth

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200827轉念茹素救地球Practicing Vegetarianism for the Wellbeing of the Earth Empty
發表主題: 20200827轉念茹素救地球Practicing Vegetarianism for the Wellbeing of the Earth   20200827轉念茹素救地球Practicing Vegetarianism for the Wellbeing of the Earth Empty周五 9月 18, 2020 7:22 am

I'm very worried every day as there are many disasters in the world. Nature's elements have become imbalanced. This is truly worrying, too. Indeed, what more can I say except that I'm worried? We see erratic climate conditions and the great power of Mother Nature. In a time like this, we should once again work hard to inspire love in everyone.

We Tzu Chi members have been giving with love with all our hearts and working in unity, harmony, mutual love and concerted effort to pool everyone's love together. By doing so, we can form a great strength to benefit the world and humanity. I'd like to remind all of you that as we've been safe and well, we truly must harbor sincere piety and gratitude.

Practicing vegetarianism is good for the Earth and is something everyone can achieve. It's just that many people cannot curb their desire for meat. If we cannot even curb our desire for meat, how can we serve as living bodhisattvas? To walk the Bodhisattva Path, we must harbor all-embracing love. Only when we love and  protect all life can we bring safety and peace to the world.

We must always be sincerely pious in a time like this. Many disasters have occurred in the world. Although we are blessed with safety and wellness, we truly must be vigilant and sincerely pious at each moment. Simply being afraid of disasters will not help at all. We should be vigilant and discipline ourselves so as not to do wrongs. We should be self-disciplined to keep away from all that is evil. We must not commit evil. If we are doing something wrong now, we must stop.

If we crave meat now, we must change and extend our love to all life. We must stop eating meat, stop killing animals. This is how we can keep away from evil. If we do not eat meat, people will not hurt or kill animals. If we eat meat, they will hurt and kill the animals for profits. As long as we take responsibility and refrain from eating meat, we can save more than 210 million animals a day.

As we do not eat meat, over 210 million don't have to be killed, and there is no need to raise so many livestock. Livestock are raised in inhumane ways. See how they are raised in cramped spaces. Now, we should keep social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Yet, being kept in such cramped spaces, the livestock are packed together and can hardly move.

They could otherwise live freely and follow the natural cycle of birth and death the way we humans do. However, to satisfy our desire for meat, people raise livestock and confine them in cages or other cramped spaces. They can only live for four or five months and are kept in a painful environment before being killed.

Just think about how the bad karma of killing will lead to bad consequences. Livestock are raised due to people's craving for meat. The bad karma people create also brings about natural disasters. If we stop eating meat, we would create less bad karma and suffer less bad consequences. Now is the time for us humans to awaken. As more natural disasters are impending, we humans must awaken now.

I keep saying that every day, but many do not keep it in mind. Everyone, we must turn our knowledge into wisdom. As we can discriminate tastes, we might prefer some tastes over others. This is part of our knowledge. Let us turn it into wisdom, learn more of life's truths, and understand the sources of our food. We should analyze them thoroughly by exercising our wisdom. Let us think about whether it is worthwhile to eat meat and end up damaging the land, polluting the air, harming our health, and creating bad karma.

All the bad karma of killing animals comes from eating meat. If everyone refrains from eating meat, the world will be in peace and safety. See how easy it is to bring about peace and safety in the world. we must not kill animals. This is how we can keep away from evil. We must not commit wrongs, and if we are doing something wrong, we must stop it and reflect on ourselves quickly. Only then can we free the world from disasters.

Everyone, we should go vegetarian and urge others to do the same. I'm grateful to you all for giving with love. Let us work with one heart to save the Earth. Our recycling volunteers often say so. I hope we can all go vegetarian to purify our body, mind, and the Earth.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: