Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20201106茹素護生得法喜 The Dharma Joy of Being a Vegetarian to Protect Lives中英

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20201106茹素護生得法喜 The Dharma Joy of Being a Vegetarian to Protect Lives中英 Empty
發表主題: 20201106茹素護生得法喜 The Dharma Joy of Being a Vegetarian to Protect Lives中英   20201106茹素護生得法喜 The Dharma Joy of Being a Vegetarian to Protect Lives中英 Empty周二 11月 10, 2020 7:27 am

Tzu Chi volunteers never say the work is hard, they say that they are happy and content. The sincerest way to express hard work is to say that they are happy and content because the value of one’s life lies in making oneself useful. How do we make our life useful? We should use it to benefit all beings.

When we come to this world, we al have a purpose in life. When one plans to be a doctor or a nurse, he must first choose a university major. “What major do you want to choose? I want to choose Medicine. Why? To save lives.” Indeed, this aspiration is truly noble. So, he does his best to fulfill his aspiration and works toward his goal.

In Buddhism, we call this making an aspiration. They are aspired from the bottom of their hearts so they make vows. They are aspired and vowed to be a doctor a nurse. No matter what career choice people make, their career gives them a direction.

The fundamental direction of all is our direction must be correct. It should benefit us, but most importantly it should benefit others. In our world, sometimes, words can be misleading. And by it I mean that most people think that benefiting themselves is being selfish. This is not exactly correct. If we don’t establish ourselves, how can we have ways of helping others?

Benefiting ourselves is not a bad thing. First, er have to ask ourselves what is our goal. If our goal is based on personal interest and nothing else, then are we benefiting ourselves while harming others or are we benefiting ourselves as well as others? As we wawnt to benefit people, we come to have a mission. This requires one to be determined about this goal, hence, it becomes a mission.

At Tzu Chi, we carry out works of relief, and they need to be done promptly. Most of all, our works are done with piety; they are not done for profit. We do the work to help people, we genuinely don’t do them for profit. We focus on how to carry out works that need to be done in the world, do them promptly, and accomplish them speedily; such is what tzu Chi must do.

Therefore, I am very grateful, for people with kind heart and determination have come together, be it in our charity foundation, hospitals, schools, or media, everyone is giving of themselves with their most pious heart. All our missions do different works, but one thing must be the same, which is to protect lives.

According to the Dharma, all lives are equal. Hence, let us work to benefit all living beings. This is something we can do very easily, and when we do so from the bottom of our hearts, we’ll realize that it is very meaningful; such is being full of Dharma joy. What can we do to be full of Dharma joy? I hope everyone, all our staff members, can try by starting to be vegetarian.

Don’t be eating each meal as a meal in debt, for we eat however much animal meat this life, we have to pay them back perhaps in double the amount in our next life. Vegetarian food nowadays is very good, so, you might as well give it a try. Eating a vegetarian meal means one less meal in debt to animals, and we feel at ease about our food. Some people worry about their protein intake, actually, one can get enough protein on a plan-based diet.

Recently, I often say, “Getting people to do good is easy; getting them to be vegetarian is hard.” Hence, I’ve said, “I have kept this thought is my mind for several decade, but I’ve not talked about it deliberately, which is for people to be vegetarian.“ Because, I felt that, people won’t change despite my saying so.

When I talk about adopting a vegetarian diet, but people fail to do so, they will feel a spiritual burden, and I don’t want to cause anyone spiritual burden.  Even when I explain to them very clearly the law of karma, involving this life and their future lives…..Especially this life, if they are not aware of what’s going on in the world, in society, in the environment, and with their health, and think deeply about them, what I say won’t change their mind.

At this time, I must say this, and people must eat a vegetarian diet. I know that I must say this as this is my responsibility. Yet, I’ve withheld saying this for several decades as I know what I say will make little impact. Yet, at this time, my duty is to say this. Will saying it make any difference? I know it makes little difference. It’s very hard.  

I feel that why is life full of suffering? Why can’t the world be safe and peaceful? There are natural and manmade disasters. Seeing what’s happening in today’s world makes me worried.

I hope everyone can be a living bodhisattva. A living bodhisattva is a person with enlightened love. Everyone can be a living bodhisattva. Let us awaken and understand the value of life, the value of our life. Animals that were killed and eaten were also live that wailed in pain. Let us empathize with them.

Still, I hope, everyone, let us encourage one another. If you are still eating meat, eat less. It’s best not to eat at all. If you can’t, eat less meat. Promote vegetarianism more. It’s pointless to count how many vegetarian meals people eat, just eat a vegetarian diet every day.

I’m grateful to living bodhisattvas. This is a journey of love. For our life, we must complete this journey of love. This is the value of life.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: