Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

202001104菩薩同伴益群生Seizing Time to Sow Blessings Through Giving with Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

202001104菩薩同伴益群生Seizing Time to Sow Blessings Through Giving with Love Empty
發表主題: 202001104菩薩同伴益群生Seizing Time to Sow Blessings Through Giving with Love   202001104菩薩同伴益群生Seizing Time to Sow Blessings Through Giving with Love Empty周日 11月 22, 2020 2:59 am

I truly hope that my eyes will recover.
We had given up hope. Then, we came to the Tzu Chi Eye Center. The doctor kept encouraging us and also gave him treatment, which gave us hope for the future.

It’s amazing. I can see clearly now. Before the surgery, my vision was blurry. I’m so grateful.

These elderly people do not simply need good health. Apart from providing medical care, we also care for and interact with them so that they feel valued and loved.

I’d like to thank all the doctors for visiting us. You’re so kind. Thank you so much.

This is how we repay our parents through using our body well. We must use our body given by our parents to benefit humanity and all life. This is how we can live out the value of the body our parents gave us. We need to safeguard our health and nurture our wisdom-life. Our lives are limited. Have we sown blessings for the world? Or have we committed wrongs? As Tzu Chi volunteer doctors, you sow blessings by working to benefit people.

Had you not listened to the Dharma, you might be practicing medicine solely to make money. Why did I build Tzu Chi’s hospitals? Tzu Chi began with charity work, and when I was doing charity work, all that I had in mind was to build hospitals so the poor who were ill could receive proper care. A doctor’s mission is to save lives.

You might not have learned the Dharma in the past. Now, as you are learning the Dharma and cultivating wisdom, you are also repaying the Buddha’s grace. In the past, you might have practiced medicine only for the sake of money and your family. Now, you set aside your clinic hours to provide free clinics in mountainous or rural areas. You give of yourselves to benefit people without asking for anything in return.

You are still a doctor, but now with a different purpose in mind. We work to benefit people, harboring love within ourselves. This is life’s truth. This is why our work brings us great joy. If we work as medical volunteers, we will have many stories to share. Contrarily, if we only work for the sake of money, there is nothing we can share. Do you share with others how much you earn and how much teeth you extract in a day? No one wants to hear something like that.

If you share about how you help people in need, how you bring aid to them and even clean up their homes, people would say, “You’re a doctor, yet you help clean up their homes!” They would admire you for what you have done. These stories are what society need now. By giving of ourselves, we will have valuable stories to share. This value is real, and the path we walk is true.

Over 2,500 years ago, the Buddha guided people to walk the Bodhisattva Path. As Tzu Chi members, we walked and paved that path. See how we have COVID-19 pandemic. Over the past 50 years and more, we have been carrying out Tzu Chi’s work and have inspired a lot of people. When they hear and see Tzu Chi, they are inspired to join us. Now, there are Tzu Chi volunteers in many countries.

COVID-19 has spread around the world. Thankfully, our volunteers around the world have been carrying out relief locally. Now, due to travel restrictions, we often cannot reach out to the needy even if we are eager to do so. So, I’ve called on our volunteers to carry out relief with local resources and encourage the locals to help by giving what they can.

Saving a little money daily doesn’t affect our lives. It is doable for everyone.
I spare change from my grocery money and donate it for charity.

As our volunteers share how we first began Tzu Chi’s charity work by encouraging people to save 50 NT cents daily, many people around the world have realized how bits of money can accumulate considerably to help the needy. Now, in many countries, people have donated what they can to help many who cannot sustain their lives due to the pandemic. We must not underestimate the power of a thought.

I’d like to share with you all that a single thought is what has carried me forward. We must all harbor a pure heart and mind. If you ask me how I can have everyone follow my words, I will say that it is because I harbor a pure heart and mind with loving selflessness and without greed, and I have faith that everyone can give with love. I’ve been calling on everyone to give with love. Thanks to everyone’s love, we’ve been carrying out Tzu Chi’s missions.

So, I hope that everyone present and those who listen to my talk via live streaming can all give with love. Our life is only a few decades long and life is impermanent. We must not hesitate to give with love or wait until it’s too late. Please have faith in this. We must not hesitate and wait, for life is impermanent. We must work to sow blessings and not wait until it’s too late. We should sow blessings in times of safety and peace.

We should sow blessings and form good affinities in this life so we will be blessed with them in our future lives. Every day, I’m grateful to our Tzu Chi members for following me closely. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to walk the Tzu Chi Path. I’m grateful for their support. Let us make great vows to walk the Tzu Chi Path.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: