Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20201120法緣不散留足跡Passing on Our Wisdom-Life 中英

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20201120法緣不散留足跡Passing on Our Wisdom-Life 中英 Empty
發表主題: 20201120法緣不散留足跡Passing on Our Wisdom-Life 中英   20201120法緣不散留足跡Passing on Our Wisdom-Life 中英 Empty周三 12月 16, 2020 6:18 am

Early this morning, I set off to our recycling station in Qianjia, Hsinchu. In celebration 30 years of Tzu Chi recycling efforts, we held videoconference with Tzu Chi volunteers. In one videoconference, we had a virtual tour of our recycling station in Qianjia.

Today, I went to the station which is under an overpass, where I saw a group of elderly recycling volunteers. There were also some young volunteers. I watched as they started to do recycling. I walked to the corner where volunteers sorted out PET bottles, they were removing the caps of bottles.

I stood there, watching an elderly cutting the plastic ring off the bottle with a machine. It was quite fun to watch, however, the procedure requires some patience. I saw that volunteers were all familiar with the job and did it well regardless of age; elderly volunteers also got the job done efficiently and joyfully. I was very happy watching all this.

In that recycling station, volunteers found their value in life. When volunteers pick up a PET bottle, they rinse it clean, and remove the ring. After these two or three steps, the bottle looks clean more or less and will need to be compressed and packed up.

How much is a recycled PET bottle worth? Truly not much, but, it’s precious, because it’s the sincere heart of our volunteers toward protecting the environment. Nowadays, people’s consumption habits rely on large amount of plastic such as cling films for packaging, plastic carrier bags, and also PET bottles. All of these are plastic.

So, people often do not realize just how many plastic items they throw away. How many land is there for our garbage? As people’s consumption habits grow, the amount of plastic made will continue to grow with them and the resources will be continually extracted and will keep on diminishing.

Nowadays, plastic has become a major environmental issue, because people keep making and using single-use disposable plastics. If there weren’t this group of Tzu Chi volunteers, what would our land become? These unwanted fruit protection bags from markets are so thin. When they are collected and spread out on the ground to dry, we can see how many bags there are.

Tzu Chi volunteers collect these bags, wash and dry them before compressing them. The whole process takes a lot of effort. These bags don’t sell much money. Why do the volunteers do this? This group of recycling volunteers does this not for money, but for protecting our Earth.

Volunteers, I don’t need to explain this, you know this better than I do because you all care about protecting the environment and take part in recycling. So, let us be grateful to one another. We want to protect our communities and the Earth so that they can be healthier and last longer. For the Earth to be healthy, only people can protect it. It is also humans who can destroy the Earth.

We should awaken. Humans truly need to awaken. Now is the time to awaken. Volunteers, this is the second talk we’ve had within three days, which you received without asking; you did not ask for this talk, but you received it unexpectedly. Of course, I feel joyful as well. I see many experienced volunteers being here; truly, every one of them has a touching story about joining Tzu Chi. If we put these stories together, it will become a Great Chronicle of Tzu Chi.

Back then, I took initiative; I heard Master talked about building a hospital in Hualien, so I invited many people to each donate one bag of cement. Then, in 1990, I too ten donating members to Hualien and toured the hospital. I later realized that, “strive to be like the mountains that never fight over anything and mindfully cultivate fields of blessings” is truly a beneficial saying to me.

I was certified in 1966; I paid home visits almost every day, and took on all kinds of Tzu Chi work. Over two years ago, I have been suffering from lumber spondylosis, but I still keep on serving. Now, I do home visits and I serve as a culinary volunteer.

It’s been 25 years since I joined the big family of Tzu Chi. This year, there is a global pandemic o top of disasters like floods, storms, and earthquakes, and affectees suffer so. Master compassionately urges us commissioners to recruit more volunteers and raise funds. I will keep working on this, seize my affinity with Tzu Chi, carry out the Dharma, and mindfully cultivate my field of blesisngs.

I’ll live up to the Dharma name Master gave me, which is to recruit, while speak of the truth, kindness, and beauty of Tzu Chi, encourage others to do good together, benefit others, and form good affinities widely. I also encourage myself to be hardworking and diligent, always remember master’s teachings and take them to hearts as well as carry them out in life.  

Life is impermanent. Very suddenly, I was down. My doctor told me, “Brace yourself, it might take you three years to recover.” I was not willing to have a gap of three years in my Tzu Chi timeline. So, I participated in my wheelchair; I often went to chat the Buddha’s name and attended memorial services.

There were some activities, I would go with my walker or cane, I went to all of those activities. I feel that, it’s very cruel to have me not do Tzu Chi work, take time off, or slack off.

As we are sitting here now, every volunteer has a history in today’s time, especially in Tzu Chi, a big group full of bodhisattvas. It’s so precious to come to this world, everyone, please leave your piece of history for this world and pas it down for hundreds of years in the Tzu Chi family so that Tzu Chi’s history can be passed down for a long time.

Volunteers say to me, “Master, we want you to live for a long time.” Even if I am to say, the law of nature will not allow me to stay for too long. Everyone must record down our history. You must remember “at that time, Master told us to do this.” Then, I will be in your hearts and in your histories and be passed down for a long time. Such is the bond between I and you, my disciples.

Such is the bond between I and you, my disciples. We establish Tzu Chi and live in the same time. So, every volunteer should write down his own history. Remember that I’m also a part of your family. Do you understand this? (Yes.) This is how you truly pass down my wisdom-life. Your wisdom-life, my wisdom-life, master and disciples’ wisdom-lives are together at the same time. Do you understand this? (Yes.)

oday, I visited our Qianjia Recycling Station. The recycling volunteers are happy, and I’m also very happy. This is one piece of history that I make in this world. So, I’m grateful. This talk is an additional one. Volunteers are happy as (they get to spend more time with me.)
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: