Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

202001202心念眾生信願行Helping Typhoon Survivors in the Philippines

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

202001202心念眾生信願行Helping Typhoon Survivors in the Philippines Empty
發表主題: 202001202心念眾生信願行Helping Typhoon Survivors in the Philippines   202001202心念眾生信願行Helping Typhoon Survivors in the Philippines Empty周三 12月 16, 2020 6:36 am

At this annual Year-end Blessings Ceremony, those of us who have been safe and well truly must harbor gratitude within. Gratitude displays truth, goodness, and beauty. As Tzu Chi members, we practice truth, goodness, and beauty to bring peace and harmony to society. We work in unity and harmony for the common good, and instead of asking for anything in return, we often express gratitude for being able to give. During my tour this time, I often hear our Tzu Chi members express their gratitude.

Indeed, whenever I hear them expressing gratitude, I always hope that we can harbor gratitude within forever. Nearly 55 years ago, (I founded Tzu Chi) as I couldn't bear to see people suffer. I hoped to do all I could to relieve people's suffering.

We see the Philippines. Before I set out for this tour, I'd learned that several typhoons had made landfall and caused devastation there. Everyone at our Jing Si Abode in Hualien prays together at noon every day. One day, after the prayers at noon, our Dharma masters started making donations. Many of them took part. The Dharma masters donated the money they'd saved.

Each month, they are given an allowance of NTD 1,000 (about USD 35) in case of unexpected needs. They said, "Master, we didn't use our allowance, so we could make a donation." They save their allowance in their coin banks in order to help the needy. They truly give with genuine sincerity. Since they could get by with scarce resources in the past, they knew that they'll be able to get by now, no matter what.

As Buddhist monastics, we live together like a big family. We don't rely on people's offerings, we work to support ourselves. So, we work with joy every day. We also learn the Dharma diligently. With a deep faith in Dharma principles, we have vowed to practice them and have been living out our vows.

Our Tzu Chi volunteers in the Philippines launched a cash-for-work program in the aftermath of the typhoons to clean up the streets and stores quickly. Our volunteers want to help those affected get back on their feet as soon as possible. We will also give out vouchers, and as it may take those affected several hours to go to a bank in a city, we've discussed with the government authorities, hoping that the branches of three major banks (can join our debit card program.)

This way, those affected can withdraw money with our debit cards at a bank near their home. With the cash aid, they can clean up their stores or their homes and  get back on their feet quickly. The government authorities are very grateful to Tzu Chi's help. In all, we Tzu Chi members always give with genuine sincerity and help those in need around the world just like our won family. As we all live together on Earth, we should be like a big family.

Since over 50 years ago, Tzu Chi volunteers have been following the practice of saving a little every day to help the needy. Our senior volunteers, we've been carrying out Tzu Chi's work for decades by giving all we can. We work together with the world benefit humanity and the world and have done many meritorious deeds. We must seize our lives to inspire love in people around the world. This is how we can live out our value in life. Thank you all.

Every day, I say we must seize time to give. Today I am here giving a talk to you, yet I'm not sure if I can give a talk tomorrow. Even if I have t exert all my strength to give a talk to you, I seize every opportunity to do so. So, everyone, please cherish our affinities. I hope that today we can all witness the power of love.

"As Jing Si disciples, we vow with utmost sincerity to revere Master and your teaching, purify our hearts and minds, take the Dharma to heart and fulfill our vows with faith and action. We vow to practice vegetarianism with sincerity and share crucial lessons in life, love all living beings to sow blessings, and walk the Bodhisattva Path unwaveringly.

As Master launched the coin bank practice, We've brought aid to 119 countries and regions.
With Master's convictions, we've been carrying out relief for over 50 years.

Master, we're happy to follow you closely.

Master, we cannot do without you. We truly, truly cannot do without you."

Only with affinities can we spread the Dharma. Learning the Dharma is not about how many Dharma principles we have learned. What's most important is to live it out with sincerity. Seeing that you all harbor sincerity within, I'm very touched. Our recycling volunteers, you you cherish resources and protect the Earth, thus creating boundless merits. I'd like to give my best wishes to you.

I'd also like to give my best wishes to the world. Our Tzu Chi members around the world pool everyone's love together to relieve suffering in the world. This is how they benefit humanity and bring safety and peace to the world. I see how all of you, whatever your age, have been shouldering the responsibility of benefiting humanity and the world.

I see how you've accumulated bits of money considerable to help the needy. You are truly full of love. Thank you all for giving with love. My best wishes to you all. May all of you care for our elderly volunteers and inspire younger generations to join our rank. May our big Tzu Chi family continue to work in unity and harmony. My best wishes to you all. Thank you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: