Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210101心包太虛志一同Harboring a Mutual Gratitude and Caring for the Land中英

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210101心包太虛志一同Harboring a Mutual Gratitude and Caring for the Land中英 Empty
發表主題: 20210101心包太虛志一同Harboring a Mutual Gratitude and Caring for the Land中英   20210101心包太虛志一同Harboring a Mutual Gratitude and Caring for the Land中英 Empty周四 1月 21, 2021 8:26 am

At times like this, as we are encountering extreme weather and the COVID-19 pandemic now, I often say to Tzu Chi’s young staff and young volunteers that they are the most blessed. Living in an environment like this, we can hear the true Dharma teachings and act them out to serve the world by using our whole lives to moisten and soften up the parched fields of our hearts.
They are parched because it lacks water. So, if we can use Dharma water to soften and moisten the parched fields in our hearts, dusts will not fly all around.

I founded the first study group in 2004, and we always have a heart-to -heart discussion there. When we are at our wit’s end, we go to the study group to listen to the Dharma.

Nine years ago, for a unknown reason, my wife became sick, so sick that she couldn’t recognize anyone. She would even run away from home and couldn’t find her way home. The worst time lasted for nine months. Our two children were still young, and I didn’t know how I survived that time. The days felt like years. Some relatives told me to stop going to Tzu Chi altogether, but I didn’t listen to them. I still went to sweep the floor, do recycling, and went to the study group to talk and laugh with everyone. Sometimes I shared the Dharma to them. It was the best place for me to release my stress. I am glad I didn’t stop going there, because everything turned out well.

As long as our heart remains tranquil, it would be like a deep, tranquil lake. If the lake is shallow, when the wind blows, the water would move. In a group like Tzu Chi, a cultivation ground for bodhisattvas, within our hearts, we should nurture a very deep and tranquil heart. When it is deep, a lake has a tranquil surface. Its water cannot be disturbed by a gentle breeze. We should be like this. This is how we should cultivate ourselves and refine our character. This is what we do deep within our hearts.

Then, we will see that the message the Buddha gives us is that the lives of all living beings are equal. So, how do we protect living beings? It’s possible for us to do this. We can definitely do it by practicing an inclusive love. To bring out our inclusive love…..People say that our sincerity can move the heaven as long as we transform people’s hearts by helping them eliminate their greed, anger, and ignorance. We want to pool people’s love together.

When people reduce their desires, grow their love, and they love themselves and others, naturally, they will protect all the natural resources for them to regenerate and become more abundant for future generations. Perhaps, some resources are hidden and they are in abundance, which can be regenerated. People can nurture the land. The land can sustain all living beings as long as we can give the land a very kind, slow and steady nutrient, which is love. When people love the land, the land can sustain all living beings. Naturally, both will be grateful to each other.
If we humans don’t awaken, the world cannot be peaceful. Thus, the mission we have now is to establish Tzu Chi Path well and make it wide. Let us recruit more volunteers and inspire people who share the same aspiration as us to join. We will have the same Dharma and be one family. If we all have the same Dharma and connect our hearts together, our hearts will be as big as the universe.

If fact, inside something very tiny there are still things, which we cannot see nor touch. In our memory, one grain of rice lies many suns and moons; the love contained in the rice will last for long time. I have said this in the past, in a wok cooks the vistas of Nature, in one grain of rice lies many suns and moons. I’ve said this verse before. Back then, if you re-watch the video clips of my talks at the time, to tell you the truth, each sentence is a piece of true Dharma. They were not taken from various bits and pieces; they were words true to my heart.  These heartfelt words ae what I have gathered in the past 50-some years. I hope to share every thought with you, where each sentence is solid and true. Having the same method of practice and the same direction, I hope we can all walk the Bodhisattva path. This is what I have been doing and I have never given up.

So, people ask, “How come master knows about everything?” That is because my heart is a lake where the water is always still. For always and forever, the water in this lake is clean and clear. I have no conflicts with people, do not fight over matters, nor have disputes with the world, so, for my whole life, I am able to remain that way to this day. Recently, I have been telling myself, “This is sufficient, almost sufficient.” I hope everyone can help this be more than sufficient, which is to pass on the wisdom, don’t let it stop here, and beginning to have our Dharma be cut off. I hope our Dharma will thrive and flourish. I have aspired and vowed to pass on the spirit of Shakyamuni Buddha.

When words were not enough, I took action and guided others, and led others onto this Path. Even if it was a tiny path or road to begin with, I looked forward for it to become a grand Bodhisattva Path, with people to keep working on it as they come to walk on it. With more people comes great strength and our path will be wide and broad; this calls for all of us to bear the same mission. When we pass on the Dharma, our wisdom-life grows, in the same way we feel gratitude. I hope that…. I truly want to say something not only for me to express my gratitude to everyone, but for all of you to feel like you sense it, too. May you also be grateful to everyone around you for we are all in this place of cultivation.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: