Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210225募心教育轉人生Transforming Lives in Africa

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210225募心教育轉人生Transforming Lives in Africa Empty
發表主題: 20210225募心教育轉人生Transforming Lives in Africa   20210225募心教育轉人生Transforming Lives in Africa Empty周六 3月 13, 2021 4:20 am

"The government arranged for me to take shelter here. This ten camp provides meals and accommodation. Yet, there are too many people here, so we only receive one meal a day."

"I didn't get a ten, so I can only rough it in the open. I put up a simple shade sail. Yet, the sunlight is too strong. I'm barely holding on."

"I'm waiting in line for lunch. Oftentimes, we only get one meal a day, and there is nothing but corn starch."

We see (cyclone survivors) in Mozambique. They are poor and truly suffer unspeakably, I often say that when we have food to eat, we need to think about the poor. Our Tzu Chi volunteers offered meals to those affected, and before they returned to their homes, our volunteers also gave them seeds and various farming and building tools. I'm grateful to our volunteers from the bottom of my heart. I'm also grateful that many people around the world have been inspired to volunteer with Tzu Chi.

Our volunteers often call on the affected to volunteer with them. Those affected put on our volunteers vests, receive simple training from our volunteers, and help with our disaster recovery work. When the work ins completed, our volunteers give them wages to help them get back on their feet. Inspired, some of them have become Tzu Chi volunteers.

Many youths in Mozambique are very outstanding. I said, "We must help them continue their studies. Only then can Mozambique change for the better." I hope we can truly make a difference in Africa through education. Apart from providing aid for those in suffering, we must also have a long-term educational plan for them and carry it out step by step. In all, by serving with love and care, we can inspire more people to give with love and bring aid to the many who suffer.

Many people around the world are in suffering. So, we must all count our blessings. We must also share our relief work with others so as to inspire more people to give with love and sow blessings. When many people sow blessings, disasters can be mitigated and the world will be safer and more peaceful. Only when we sow blessings will we be blessed. We won't be blessed simply by praying for it.

So, we must all give with love by, for instance, making donations or doing what we can to help those in need. Apart from sowing blessings through giving, we must also inspire more people to do the same. By pooling everyone's strength together, we can help many people in Africa receive an education and thereby turn their lives around.

Everyone, we must pool everyone's love together and seize every chance to sow blessings. In truth, when we bring material aid to the needy, we are also sowing blessings for ourselves. So, I often say that in giving, we should not only ask for nothing in return but also show gratitude to the needy as through giving, we're also cultivating blessings and wisdom.

Those without wisdom are not willing to give because when they get something, they always want more. Even if they are rich, they are not willing to make a large donation, and they think they will lose face if they make a small donation. Simply by giving bits of what we have, we can help those in suffering and sow blessings.

Only when we all work mindfully to sow blessings can we mitigate disasters. Everybody hopes that the COVID-19 pandemic will end quickly. How are we to end it? As expounded in the Sutra of Innumerable Meanings, the Dharma can cure the ills of living beings. Everyone, Dharma principles are inconceivable and wondrous, and they can be found everywhere in the world. We can find them as long as we tap into our wisdom.

We must vow to do so and live out our vows with faith and action. We must have faith that there are innumerable and wondrous remedies for the world. One such remedy is showing our sincere piety by practicing vegetarianism. This pandemic warns us that more disasters are impending. So, we must awaken. We must also guide everyone to awaken and urge them to love and deliver all living beings.

The Buddha said we must deliver all living beings. We all know this teaching of the Buddha. Animals are living beings too. (To end the pandemic,) we must extend our love to all animals. We must not hurt or kill animals. If we practice vegetarianism, no animals will be killed for food. This is how we love all life.

Everyone, I say a lot in my talks recently as I'd like to remind all of us that we should count our blessings and that we are all capable of helping those in suffering. We can support those who personally help the needy by giving what we can. When everyone has the heart to give with love, great love can be created. Let us create great love and nurture lasting compassion. This is what I always wish for.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: