Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210326法味清新真善美 Giving Off the Fragrance of the Dharma中英

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210326法味清新真善美 Giving Off the Fragrance of the Dharma中英 Empty
發表主題: 20210326法味清新真善美 Giving Off the Fragrance of the Dharma中英   20210326法味清新真善美 Giving Off the Fragrance of the Dharma中英 Empty周一 4月 05, 2021 5:12 am

Nine years ago, as I used to chew betel nuts, I was diagnosed with stage 4 of tongue cancer. I could not deal with this news. Brother Feilong invited me to volunteer with Tzu Chi so, I went with the volunteers to visit lonely seniors in the community, and seeing them, I learned to count my blessings, that there are people who are worst off, and I still have blessings to help others and become a valuable friend to them.

During our study group last July, I heard volunteers talk about how they became vegetarians and I was deeply moved. I wondered right then, could someone like me be vegetarian? But I know the Dharma will provide a way. I like to vow to Master that I’ll keep on being vegetarian and spread the word, and do tzu Chi work with my life.

It’s truly touching that so many of you here are role models and you’ve done something that many others haven’t been able to do. It is actually a simple thing; simple, yet many haven’t been able to do so….it is to switch to a vegetarian diet.

Only when we are vegetarians can we show our inclusive love. Everyone knows that we need to act with love, but what is it that we need to love? The Buddha teaches us to walk the Bodhisattva Path. On the Path, we help all living beings; it’s not only helping humans but all living beings.

Just with the mere act of eating, our mouths have done a lot of harm as there is a craving which we don’t seem to curb. When people open their mouths, they eat all kinds of animals living in the world. How many animals are eaten by humans? There are over 200 million in a day! People have not been thinking that we are to coexist with all kinds of lives on earth, and whole grains and plants are enough for us.

Let us be grateful to the land, for providing a variety of plants with various tastes and textures, which should satisfy our cravings. Yet, sue to people’s misguided views, they kill animals. Like people, animals have feelings. They also have a fear of death. People inflict suffering and fear on animals and make them cry out in pain.

From Buddhism’s perspective, people-need bear the karma they’ve created. This is living beings’ collective karma. I’m much comforted  now to see volunteers starting to switch to a vegetarian diet and turn their misguided views into awakening. Moreover, listening to their sharings, they are full of Dharma.

The fragrance of the Dharma is very refreshing, like phytoncide released by plants, which makes our minds and bodies happy. This beauty is very calming, and we have truth, goodness, and beauty all together. I’m grateful to volunteers. We must continue to do the right things.

When there’s a need in the world and I call on people to help out, you will contribute your abilities to help. Look at this. This is truly touching. Volunteers made many banners to raise people’s awareness on global issues. I’m truly grateful.

Living Bodhisattvas use their wisdom to benefit living beings in the world. They are true living bodhisattvas. I’m grateful to them. Every day, as I sit here, I listen to volunteers’ sharing. They say that I give Dharma teachings when I speak on stage. In fact, while I’m sitting here, I’m listening to volunteers’ Dharma.

The Dharma I hear is real-life Dharma. Volunteers share with me their insights on Dharma based on their life experiences. Using their lives, they earn joy and experience. Sitting here, I listen to the Dharma of a real-life sutra of happiness.

After we hold the study group, everyone started to share how they apply the Dharma in their life. Maybe because there was no pressure, everyone participated like they were chatting about life. They were very active in sharing. They also gave a lot of feedbacks. I did not receive a lot of education, but I took up the task of taking and organizing notes.

I keep on watching Master’s Dharma talk videos and type the words one by one into my cell phone. After doing this many times, suddenly I feel that there is a lotus flower blooming in my inner-field. I think this is what Master said about gaining insights and awakening as we serve and learn.

Since I joined the study group, my grandson would tell me, “Grandpa, your temper has changed; you don’t talk to us in a loud voice anymore.” Before, when I talked loudly, he would say, “You are so loud, do you want tzu Chi volunteers at the Jing Si hall to hear you?” So, after he told me this, I then toned down my voice when talking to him. So, I am really grateful to my grandson.

We have the affinity to join Tzu Chi and learn the Dharma. Seeing many volunteers have changed, we are truly blessed. There are more than 7 billion people in the world, but how many of them truly know about Tzu Chi? Very few, like one dewdrop out of many. Every day, there are dewdrops on the land. Still, the dewdrops we can touch are actually very limited. Shouldn’t we cherish the affinity?

Indeed, we must truly cherish every good affinity we have with others. When meeting people, we should seize the chance to form good affinities with them. So, hearing volunteers share their life, despite they went through a lot of hardship and suffering, that was all in the past. Those who can join tzu Chi and are here now are truly blessed.

They are all living bodhisattvas. Everyone went through something that has changed their life and has also taken in the spirit of the Buddha who came to our world more than 2,500 years ago. Now, we take that spirit and understand it through the teachings in the Lotus Sutra. Especially, the essence of the Lotus Sutra is the Sutra of Innumerable Meanings.

The Sutra of Innumerable meanings is the essence of the Lotus Sutra which has 7 volumes. So, I want to tell volunteers, you might feel the text of the Lotus Sutra is lengthy. In term of the Sutra of Innumerable meanings, you must study and practice it. Do not just read it, but to put it into practice. It is true Dharma and also the essence of the Buddha’s teachings.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: