Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210331造福修慧展良能Helping Sierra Leone with Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210331造福修慧展良能Helping Sierra Leone with Love Empty
發表主題: 20210331造福修慧展良能Helping Sierra Leone with Love   20210331造福修慧展良能Helping Sierra Leone with Love Empty周一 4月 19, 2021 9:25 am

I often mention that we must all seize the time we have as we can accomplish many things over time. We must seize time to sow blessings for the world. The Dharma teaches us that if we sow blessings, we can reap blessings. With blessings, everyone will be safe and well and feel a sense of ease and delight.

Even in times of safety and peace, we still need to heighten our vigilance, contemplate with a clear mind, and understand that blessings and wisdom are requires in this world. By sowing blessings, we can bring about peace. What about wisdom? We must cultivate wisdom so we’ll be able to gain insight into life’s truths at any time. The Buddha kept teaching us to sow blessings. For that, we must serve as living bodhisattvas who care for those in suffering, and wherever there are people in suffering, we must go to their aid.

We see Sierra Leone. There are truly many poor people in this country. They were born to live in that environment. How can they turn their lives around? The help and guidance of living bodhisattvas over a long period of time are required, and in time, they will be able to stand on their own feet, be inspired to help others in need, and live a life full of hope.

Six or seven years ago, Sierra Leone was affected by a major disaster. We brought emergency aid to those affected and have been caring for them over the years. This is how we’ve formed good affinities with them. We not only gave out ample relief supplies to them, thereby nurturing the field of their mind. With our care that is like water, grass and trees can grow on the field. We must sow more seeds of love on that field. We must also continue to give of ourselves so over time, we can inspire everyone there to give with love.

Tzu Chi is a Buddhist organization, yet as we cherish our affinities with the locals, we’ve been able to carry out relief there for the past few years. To relieve people’s suffering, we have been working with other religious organizations such as Caritas Freetown Foundation and Healey International Relief Foundation.

Although they are Catholic foundations and Tzu Chi is a Buddhist organization, we’ve all been working in unity and harmony and pooling our strength together to help the needy. I’m very grateful that we’ve also inspired many poor people there to volunteer with us. They’ve become spiritually rich through giving.

I’m truly grateful that we have local volunteers there. When our rice arrived there, we’d work with our local volunteers to prepare a wonderful meal for the needy. The meal would bring smiles to their faces. Yet, as they were poor, they’d still go hungry. What can we do? I often mention that we should help them stand on their own feet by offering women classes in sewing, making crafts, etc.

Education and training will take much time. Over these few days, I’ve been thinking about this. I’ve been hoping that, with the aid of technology, we can offer online classes to people in countries with less educational resources. Now, we must make plans and carry out the plans step by step. I hope that apart from providing emergency aid and food supplies for the needy, we can also offer long-term classes in making handicrafts or other practical skills.

Recently, our volunteers from Miaoli came back to the Abode and showed me how they’d dyed cloths. They’ve created various patterns on white cloths. The dyes were extracted from plants. Mother Nature is truly admirable as every plant has its uses. Our volunteers have used their ingenuity. Yet, without the plants to extract dyes from, they could not put their creativity to work and show their craftsmanship. They are truly experts making crafts. Craftsmanship was also pointed out by the Buddha.

Our volunteers can make fine and detailed work and are very mindful in applying their skills. I truly cannot express my admiration enough for Mother Nature. We can all work to benefit others so everyone can live and work happily. This is how we can create a pure land in this world.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: