Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210609 救護生命守初衷Abiding by Our Calling to safeguard Lives

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210609 救護生命守初衷Abiding by Our Calling to safeguard Lives Empty
發表主題: 20210609 救護生命守初衷Abiding by Our Calling to safeguard Lives   20210609 救護生命守初衷Abiding by Our Calling to safeguard Lives Empty周二 6月 15, 2021 6:23 am

In the face of the recent COVID-19 outbreak in Taiwan, our medical staff members truly are like brave general who have put on armor-like protective gear and are leading soldiers and people to battle the virus, which is a formidable enemy. It takes many brave warriors to protect city gates against enemy attacks.

Every day, I say to our medical staff: "Please put on your armor because to take care of others, you must first take care of yourselves." I also remind our superintendents: "Please take care of yourself. Also, take care of all the staff and express gratitude to them for me." Our medical staff uphold the same aspiration and live out the Dharma.

They chose to major in medicine or nursing, aspiring to safeguard people's lives and health with love. They save lives with one heart. Their hearts are full of genuine goodness.

"Half of her lungs looked white on the X-ray image, and if her breathing condition worsens, intubation will be required. As some medicines may affect the baby, and the baby added to her cardiopulmonary burden, we decided to perform a preterm C-section to give the mother due treatment.

Our goggles kept fogging up, which somewhat blurred our vision. Also, our body heat was trapped in the isolation gowns. It was quite exhausting, for we couldn't go to the restroom or drink water during the surgery."

"Congratulations on your recovery! You can go home without worry."

"When admitted to the hospital, I was very worried. Yet, the medical team gave me a lot of support and encouragement. So, I left everything to the medical team. They made me feel that it's fortunate to receive treatment here."

"This is how we live out our initial aspiration for medical practice by applying our expertise."

When we uphold our aspiration and live out the Dharma, our path in life will be broad. Only when we walk the path can we truly understand the Dharma. So, we must walk the path steadfastly and not deviate even slightly. Suppose we stand on the starting point of the path and can see its far end. What we must strive to avoid is even a slight deviation. Even if we head in the right direction at first, once we deviate slightly, we will stray from the path.

So, we must aim in the right direction and always walk the path steadfastly. Only then will we not go astray. Fro that, we must be very prudent and vigilant. We shouldn't simply learn the Dharma eagerly (without living it out, for if we do not live out the Dharma,) it's hard for us to understand it.

Please remember that when we uphold our aspiration and live out the Dharma, our path in life will be very broad. This is the teaching the Buddha gave us. We truly must live it out at all times. I'm very grateful that our medical staff all serve more than willingly.

"Saving a patient means saving a precious life and safeguarding a family. So, we strive to provide medical care for as many patients as possible."

Many doctors and nurses have not returned home for many days. To take care of COVID-19 patients and not to bring the virus home, they stay in the hospitals most of the time. This is very touching. Be it partitioning the space of our hospitals, providing more wards for COVID-19 patients, or putting on personals protective equipment, we must always be very careful.

Wearing isolation gowns is uncomfortable because all the body heat is trapped inside. Yet, our medical staff have to endure the discomfort. I can't bear to see them like this. To lead through this outbreak crisis, they all abide by their calling to safeguard lives. They truly shoulder the responsibility bravely. Also, they keep promoting vegetarianism with utmost sincerity. We should no longer eat meat as it can carry many germs.

We must eat grains and vegetables, which are clean and natural. Food like this brings us good health and is attractive, fragrant and tasty.

"Having seen how healthcare workers work for long hours and cannot eat or drink or go to the restroom, I thought (we can provide vegetarian food for them) so they can eat it as soon as they take off their protective gear."

"Healthcare workers on the frontline have the toughest work to do. Although we cannot help with their work, we can at least do our part."

"Our only wish is that people can go vegetarian."

I'm very grateful that to promote vegetarianism, many Tzu Chi commissioners and honorary board members asked restaurants to provide vegetarian meals and paid out of their own pockets. Some vegetarian restaurants have been providing vegetarian meals of their own accord. In all, this how people promote vegetarianism with love. Our commissioners and honorary board members work with restaurants. Some restaurants are even more than willing to provide vegetarian meals. This is truly not an easy feat.

There are too many stories to share. These stories have truly relieved me of the stress caused by this outbreak and have strengthened my faith that when we all practice vegetarianism with sincere piety, this outbreak will end quickly. Yet, this is not easy. If we do not all harbor sincere piety within, I dare not guarantee that the outbreak will end.

What is worrying are those who are not accepting of true principles and still follow their old ways, for their actions will impact the control of the outbreak. What I most wish for is that everyone can give rise to goodness and sincere piety, love humanity, and protect all animals. I hope our Tzu Chi members around the world can all go vegetarian.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: