Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20211024利益群生得法喜To Receive Dharma Joy from Benefiting Living Beings

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20211024利益群生得法喜To Receive Dharma Joy from Benefiting Living Beings  Empty
發表主題: 20211024利益群生得法喜To Receive Dharma Joy from Benefiting Living Beings    20211024利益群生得法喜To Receive Dharma Joy from Benefiting Living Beings  Empty周三 11月 10, 2021 8:48 am

As the COVID situation in Taiwan improves, volunteers have been coming to the Abode one group after another. Why do they come here? They are coming to their spiritual home. There are planting and harvesting work to be done on our farms, and many other works to do that are involved with our meals or the Jing Si Herbal Tea which uses a variety of herbs; they come and enjoy the happiness of farming.

Some young people come, too; the young and the old alike they do farm work at their spiritual home. Everyone is happy and harmonious.  Such is the vitality of life, and it has been thriving; what a way to enjoy life! With a seed, we watch it sprout, and grow to be a sapling, which is replanted and soon, it can be harvested.

Between planting and harvesting, volunteer come to weed and clear the land, and in 3 or 4 months, it’d be harvest time. This is our spiritual home, the big family of Tzu Chi, and it’s joyous farming time. Groups of volunteers engage with people to benefit living beings.

Every time I walk pass the dining hall, when I see volunteers, I’ll remind them: work around the sun as it is blazing hot now. You can take off earlier and come back earlier. In the afternoon, go later, but finish the day’s work earlier, too. Time truly flies by; night and day pass by in seconds continuously.

Nevertheless, everyone is determined to give of themselves, they are happy and joyful, and this is called serving willingly. They are all happy, and this is accepting things willingly. They sweat a lot and I tell them, remember to drink water!

In life, how do we utilize our time? How do we serve as living bodhisattvas? In their community, volunteers tend to where it needs them; when there’s a family that needs help, this group of people will go to them. That is what they do in life, and I find it adorable and touching. I am truly grateful to them.

I say, little herb, little herb, grow up big and strong. Your big job is to save people’s lives! Master thinks so highly of you. Dharma masters wish you to grow well. You’re the hope for people around the world. This is very important! They seem to understand my words, so all the leaves were swaying left and right as if they were saying: I can help! We will all help!

For seven months, these two hadn’t grown at all! I finally realized why they won’t grow; it is because they know, today, September 28, they’ll come to the Abode and see Master! So, I hope that Master can give them some blessings, and the two of them can grow up like the rest and go on to save people’s lives.

I kneel when I weed, so I get muddy. I am happy; I do this for the joy. Thank you Master for giving me this opportunity,  so I can form affinity with people through the herbs.

We had weeded several times. The weeds grow faster than the herb. We divide up the work. All are good affinities. It seems that karma has made the arrangement. Look, after we sent words out, so many volunteers came to help.

Such is our world. That’s people’s way of life. In Tzu Chi missions, volunteers devote themselves to benefit people. About farm work, I often hear volunteers say, Master, we are very happy doing farm work. While we are talking and our hoe hit a rock, we have Dharma to talk about that too. This is wisdom, which is insight into the Dharma.

Actually, we are the ones who benefit the most. While we are doing farm work, our body and mid are very peaceful. Although we sweat a lot, this kind of sweating is very healthy for us. There are volunteers who we normally don’t see. We also use this opportunity to see one another and nurture friendship.

My dad is a cop. He often talks about Tzu Chi. Today there is an herb planting activity here so I want to come. After we finished the work, I realized that this is not an easy task. It requires stamina and strength.

This used to be full of weeds. We’ve mowed the entire area. It feels refreshing seeing this cleared land.

Where do we seek the Dharma? Dharma is in our life. Immersing ourselves in it with joy is called Dharma joy. There are many things to day. In this big universe, time and space are always in motion. Looking at people and how people interact, such is our greater environment and our ways of life. We do farm work happily. This is also a type of knowledge. There are ways to collect these herbs and manufacture them in a factory so that they become an herbal tea that benefits the human body.

Everything in nature can be used for medicine. We need to have knowledge on herbs to know which ones are useful to our body. All plants on land have their use. Such is the vitality of nature. Nature provides us ways of survival, so we humans need to cherish it.

Every day, I walk around the corridor. In that small space, there are a few pots of plants. People would tell me the names of the plants. As I take my walk every day, I look at them. Every day, I walk around the corridor. That is the sp0ace I am in; those plants are what I see, and I have feelings for them. My feeling for Mother Nature is full of gratitude.

In Tzu Chi, besides gratitude, what more can we say? Volunteers, I thank you. I am grateful to Tzu Chi’s four missions and its eight fields of work. We serve people around the world, which allows people to walk the Bodhisattva Path. All this is karma affinity. We need to cherish our good karmic affinity.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: