Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20211124我願無窮力不竭Upholding the Four Great Vows

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20211124我願無窮力不竭Upholding the Four Great Vows Empty
發表主題: 20211124我願無窮力不竭Upholding the Four Great Vows   20211124我願無窮力不竭Upholding the Four Great Vows Empty周五 12月 10, 2021 11:45 am

I feel very close to our Tzu Chi members in central Taiwan. I’ve visited Tzu Chi’s cultivation ground in Longjing. When I arrived, I saw a narrow and long vegetable garden. In the past, when I visited there and saw that long piece of land, I’d say to our Tzu Chi volunteers: may this place be full of living bodhisattvas.

Whenever I stopped by and took a tour, I’d say: this place is like a bodhisattva vat. Back then, there was no Tzu Chi cultivation ground. There was only that long piece of land and a simple and crude building. When I walked into that building, I’d see many Tzu Chi volunteers and I’d tell them the place was like a bodhisattva vat as there were many of them serving as-living-bodhisattvas.  

Upon my visit today, I saw that the bodhisattva-vat had been turned into a cultivation-ground. The owner of the land is happy that we’ve built a cultivation ground there. The owner has also lent that piece of land to our volunteers so they can grow vegetables.

I’ve also visited Qingshui today. I saw how our volunteers had hand-woven rush grass into different kinds of craft works. In addition to bookmarks and little hats, they’d also made little bells. Seeing how our volunteers had dexterously transformed rush grass and other materials that might otherwise be useless into things of great use, I was truly filled with joy.

Such was my tour in Qingshui this morning. When I visited Dajia, I saw that some of our volunteers were advanced in age and that their hair had become gray. When I saw our elderly volunteers during my tour this time, I’d relate myself to them and think: indeed, I’m advanced in age too. Yet, I’ve also seen that there is hope for Tzu Chi’s missions to be passed on generation after generation, for our Tzu Chi members have been doing Tzu Chi’s work with one heart and giving of themselves to help those in suffering around the world.

Today, I have come here so we can give our best wishes to one another. Our big Tzu Chi family has new members again as I’ve certified them as our commissioners, Tzu Cheng members and honorary board members. Those newly certified wear a ribbon that says: with Buddha’s heart and Master’s convictions.

Indeed, Tzu Chi members’ shared aspiration is to emulate the Buddha’s heart and carry out my missions as their own. To emulate the Buddha’s heart, you should cultivate great love and compassion. And how can you carry out my missions? You need to make the Four Great Vows. Do you know what the Four Great Vows are?

Living beings are incalculable, and we vow to deliver them all; afflictions are infinite, and we vow to end them all; Dharma paths are innumerable, and we vow to learn them all; buddhahood is supreme, and we vow to attain it.

That’s right. These are the Four Great Vows. We must vow to deliver all living beings. I truly hope that we can share Tzu Chi’s ideals and spirit with more people. With Tzu Chi volunteers, this large Jing Si Hall has become a cultivation ground where everyone can cultivate enlightened love. All of us who are present here must learn the way of Bodhisattvas. By vowing to deliver all living beings, we are cultivating a loving heart.

We must also seek to attain enlightenment. Buddhahood is supreme, so we must vow to attain it. only when we strive to deliver living beings can we attain Buddhahood. To attain Buddhahood, we must walk the Bodhisattva Path. This is how we change our mundane ways. We all had many mundane ways before we became Tzu Chi members.

When I founded Tzu Chi, I felt very blessed, for people began to give me support after I gave rise to the thought of helping more people in need. You all know how I encouraged people to save 50 NT cents daily to help the needy. Back then, I promised those who followed me that as long as they could save 50 NT cents daily to help the needy, I’d settle in Hualien.

It’s been 56 years or so since our coin bank practice first began, and for more than 55 years, we’ve been carrying out Tzu Chi’s work by taking each step firmly on the Tzu Chi Path. Every day, I’m grateful that I still have the strength to seize every second to give of myself.

As I’ve been waling the Tzu Chi Path for most of my life, when I look back, I can see how I’ve been paving and walking this path. The path ahead is surely broad and smooth. Along the journey, there are Bodhi trees, lotus ponds, a pure land, and the vast sky.

I always hope that everyone can give, for when more people give, more strength can be created. Now, I’d like to tell you I have great strength. Do you know where my strength comes from? It comes from you all. Indeed, as you are more than willing to give, your support gives me great strength.

Lately, I’ve heard many Tzu Chi members say they are more than willing to walk the Bodhisattva Path steadfastly. To walk the Bodhisattva Path, we must sow blessings for the world and grow in wisdom. Thank you all. May you all cultivate both blessings and wisdom! Thank you. Please remember to seize every second to give, keep recruiting more people to serve as living bodhisattvas, and help me to safeguard each of our cultivation grounds.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: