Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20220706聚善救拔從己行Living Bodhisattvas---Giving for the Sake of Others

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20220706聚善救拔從己行Living Bodhisattvas---Giving for the Sake of Others Empty
發表主題: 20220706聚善救拔從己行Living Bodhisattvas---Giving for the Sake of Others   20220706聚善救拔從己行Living Bodhisattvas---Giving for the Sake of Others Empty周日 8月 07, 2022 11:36 pm

Our Tzu Chi volunteers strive to guide and inspire all to give of themselves. To inspire others, we must first set a good example. When I give of myself, I can inspire some people to do the same, and when I work with them to help you, you will also be inspired to help others. This is how everyone can be inspired to help one another.

We see that many people in Lumbini suffer from poverty and illness. Although it is where the Buddha was born, to this day people there are still in suffering as they have scarce resources indeed. There are also many well-to-do people, but they don’t go to where the poor live.

We see that with four clear-cut social classes, those in the upper class won’t approach those in the lower class. Due to the four distinct social classes, those well-to-do take what they have for granted and believe that the suffering of the poor is a result of their bad karma. What is required is a teaching of the Buddha---Everyone shares the same Buddha nature. Yet, people’s minds have become complicated and people are seeking more and more different things. So, it’s even harder for people to take the Dharma to heart now.

Many people from around the world have taken a trip to Lumbini. Yet, when they saw those in suffering there, how many of them would count their blessings and relieve people’s suffering? Despite being a tourist spot, the place is filled with suffering. Many are truly in great suffering. How many people feel deeply for them? How many people have given rise to compassion for them? We see their living environment, which is in Lumbini, a tourist destination. How many people can be inspired to give?

Having witnessed the suffering there, our volunteers are thinking about how to provide aid. We can’t bear to see people there suffer, so we are seeking ways to help them. This takes time and manpower. We need to bring everyone’s heart together. Efforts from many people are required. The strength of a single person is not enough. We must join our efforts and speak good words to guide everyone to pool their love together.

We see that several volunteers from Malaysia and Singapore have arrived there. Everyone, I’m very grateful because those far away from me can meet with me with the aid of technology. Despite mountains and oceans in between, I can appear right in front of them at any time. Although they are in faraway countries, they can gather and listen to my talks. Heavenly beings can also listen to me. As long as we give talks with sincere piety, people and heavenly beings will listen to us. I give good talks as I always expound true principles that people will find useful.

Buddhist sutras point out the right path in life for us to follow. By giving talks every day, I’ve been paving a broad and smooth path for all to walk upon. You listen to my talks and teachings every day as we walk the Bodhisattva Path together and will be close to one another forever and ever.

Everyone, please seize time to interact with one another and encourage one another to work hard. What our Tzu Chi members have shared over the past few days makes me happy. Yet, they’ve also shared something that makes me sad.

A memorial service has been held for Mr. Han Huang, a good disciple of mine in the U.S. He served as the CEO of Tzu Chi USA for eight years and served with Tzu Chi for more than 20 years. He even gave up on his research work as a PhD to concentrate on Tzu Ch’s work.

Senior volunteer Stephen Huang has vowed to lead us for 25 years. He has vowed to do so despite being senior to me, so I vow to give of myself for 50 years.

He vowed to do what I wished to do. Yet, he passed away when he was only 55 years old. He did Tzu Chi’s work with great joy and gave of himself to help the needy. I’m very grateful to him. He has been on my mind over these days. Many people keep me in mind too. This is the value of life. If people keep us in mind and have good memories about us, then we’ve lived out our value in life.

Everyone please set a good example for others at all times so people will have good memories about us. This is how we bring value to our lives. Everyone can be a living bodhisattva. You see me as a living bodhisattva and I also see all of you as living bodhisattvas. We can all serve as living bodhisattvas in the world. As long as we vow to give of ourselves at all times, sow blessings for the world, and practice wisdom, we can all be living bodhisattvas who cultivate both blessings and wisdom.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: