Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230402福慧並行勇承擔Carving Both Blessings and Wisdom on Our Shoulders

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230402福慧並行勇承擔Carving Both Blessings and Wisdom on Our Shoulders Empty
發表主題: 20230402福慧並行勇承擔Carving Both Blessings and Wisdom on Our Shoulders   20230402福慧並行勇承擔Carving Both Blessings and Wisdom on Our Shoulders Empty周四 4月 27, 2023 8:06 am

We have been donating members since 2003. At the end of 2012, I met Brother Henry at a fundraiser. H took us to see Master in January of 2013. Then, there was s special affinity as we attended the Tzu Chi camp for entrepreneurs in Hualien; it was really special, because there were only my wife and me who were from the Philippines, and Master patted us on our shoulders. My wife was hoping for a pat on the head.

At the closing ceremony, I was on stage and I said I hope Master would give me a pat on the head. Yet, Master patted our shoulders and said to us, rise up to do more. But, ten years ago, did you understand what she meant?

I made a call to Brother Henry right away. Brother Henry, Master only said one thing to us. He asked, which was? Rise up to do more. Brother Henry said, good for you! I'll sign you two up for volunteer training!

Were you happy?
Yes, very happy! Though I didn't get a pat on the head, I got a pat on the shoulder. Master, I was so happy then, I couldn't sleep for many days!
Our strength rests on our shoulders.
We've carried your words on our shoulders, and we've come today with your words as well.

Now, there are 10 commissioners and Tzu Chengs in Angeles City. There are several others who will begin their volunteer training this year. It's been ten years...Master, I'm really not smart, but I'll work hard. I'll carry your words with me, rise up to do more. I'll keep them on my mind. For the next 20, 30, 50 years, I'll focus on walking this path; this is the vow I'm making today. For the future, we want to invite more people to volunteer, and help more students and people in need. Master, please rest assure. Thank you, Master.

Good. I wish you well; with determination and vows, there will be strength. I give you blessings and your vows will surely be accomplished. I am grateful that you have a good cultivation ground there to deliver more living bodhisattvas. Oh, my well wishes for you, may you nurture wisdom-life for a long time to come! Thank you.

We will keep your words in our memory and on our mind. We will do Tzu Chi's work and walk the Bodhisattva Path with our love for you. Thank you, Master.

What a good vow! You are on the right direction. Well wishes for you!

Volunteers, I always say that I am grateful. Our affinities are not just from this lifetime. We have had affinities for many lifetimes already. With all these lifetimes combined, let us aspire and make vows. As long as we aspire to do something and our direction is correct, naturally, everyone will have something to do and everything will be done by someone.

This is possible when our hearts are united as one. At Tzu Chi, we have the same missions, and we have made vows. With our vows and determination, we can do Tzu Chi's work. The affinities of bodhisattvas lie with people in suffering; there are people in suffering, so we gather kindhearted people together; with their love, there is a great strength to help people in need.

Lately, due to the erratic weather, disasters struck many countries around the world. AS a result, many people are in suffering. Let us invite more people to volunteer, so we can help many people. This way, we are not only helping the Philippines, but the whole world as well.

Drops of water together can make an ocean, and with our vows and determination, there will be strength. There is a big amount of people's love, which is a great strength that comforts me; I feel like I can facilitate Tzu Chi's work in the world so that people in need will receive help and people with wealth will receive blessings.

Let us cultivate both blessings and wisdom. Those without wisdom cannot give. Without wisdom, people have a hard time to give. When the wealthy cultivates both blessings and wisdom, people in poverty will be saved.

I am very grateful. I am not afraid to make big vows because Tzu Chi volunteers are very united and willing to support me. Without giving anyone pressure, they tell people about my teachings and Tzu Chi's work to help them understand that Tzu Chi is doing goodness for the world, and they urge people to do good deeds.

Karmic affinity is not one person to one person. It is one person to countless people. This comes from a passage in the Sutra of Innumerable Meanings: One seed gives rise to innumerable seeds. Innumerable seeds come from one seed. This means that a seed of Dharma can multiply into many.

In fact, of the many seeds of wholesome Dharma, you can put them into practice, he can put them into practice, everyone can put them into practice. We are to advocate wholesome teachings more. This is called one seed gives rise to innumerable seeds. Everyone can definitely do this. All they need is karmic affinity.

Some people are willing to do goodness, but they don't have the affinity to join Tzu Chi. They don't have any information on how they can join other people to do great goodness. They don't have this affinity. We have this affinity, so we are to seize this affinity.

Thus, volunteers, let us seize this affinity and do more good deeds. How to tell people of your affinity with Tzu Chi? You start by telling the history of Tzu Chi and how Tzu Chi was brought to the Philippines. At the beginning, there was Linda Chua, James Chien, Alfredo Li, and Manuel Siao. They are a group of earliest volunteers joining Tzu Chi. They are very mindful in carrying out Tzu Chi's work.

Philippines went through several social unrests. Recall your memory, there were several. How did you aspire and start carrying out Tzu Chi's work? There are also Henry Yunez, Judy Lao, James Chua, and many other volunteers. I remember them.

Right now, I'm old. When I look faraway, my vision is blurred. So, you have to seize the time now to come to the Abode so that I can see you up close. I hope to plant affinities with people in my memory, in my eighth consciousness, so that life after life, no matter which lifetime, I will look for them and bring them back.

This is so that we can walk on the Bodhisattva Path life after life. What makes me very worried is our world, in this lifetime and more so for future lifetimes. So, there is an increasing need for bodhisattvas in our world to reduce bad deeds and do good deeds.

It is like a carrying pole. On a carrying pole with loads on each end, the end with heavier load will be lower. The end with a lighter load will be higher. So, we are to balance both our blessings and wisdom. We are to carry what is wholesome and reduce or get rid of what is bad.

This requires using Dharma. Let us be of one heart and live our life in accord with the correct Dharma. Then, it will help reduce disasters and buy us more time for people to advocate protecting the Earth.

I hope everyone knows this. In New York City, there is a building with a climate clock. Every day, the clock is counting down. Yet, there is still time for us to spread the Dharma and benefit living beings.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: