Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230405入群利他心甘甜With Giving Comes Joy

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230405入群利他心甘甜With Giving Comes Joy Empty
發表主題: 20230405入群利他心甘甜With Giving Comes Joy   20230405入群利他心甘甜With Giving Comes Joy Empty周四 4月 27, 2023 8:19 am

She is already 82 years old. She used to question why she suffered greatly, why her children had left her, and why she had no food to eat even though she'd followed the will of deities. Also, as there was no water supply at her house, she relied on water that leaked from the roof.

One day, when Brother Luo Heng-yuan saw her come to our Guanyin Rest Stop, he handed her a cup of water right away. Seeing her gulp down the water quickly, Brother Luo asked her if she'd like to eat some porridge. Unbelievable, she said that'd be her first meal that day. It was already 4:30 p.m. at that time. We didn't know what had happened to her. Yet, now that we'd learned of her situation, we couldn't bear to see hr go on like this.

Although the world is filled with much suffering, there are good affinities that bring blessings. This grandma is over 80 years old and has experienced many hardships, yet she is very blessed as our Tzu Chi volunteers all call her Grandma. With your blessings, I have many grandchildren. With a loving heart, my disciples all care for you as of you were their own grandma. They truly are living bodhisattvas.

When you say you have a physical pain, they will quickly assist you with walking and take you to a doctor. See how blessed you are. So, instead of saying you're in suffering, you should often say that you are blessed. Only by counting your blessings can you change your destiny. You should take my words to heart and say every day, I am very blessed as there are many people who love me. I should vow to love others and I'll serve as a living bodhisattva who does goodness for the world in my next life.

While caring for her, we invited her to do recycling with us. She agreed and then went with us to do recycling at our recycling station in Bali District. Later, we told her, grandma, you're gained joy, so you can bring joy to more people. So, we took her along to care for those in need. In the past, she went out so as to get some food. Now, she goes out to benefit people and the Earth. So, we're truly happy that she has turned her suffering into the spirit of benefiting all.

In the past, she might have had many afflictions, but now as she has care from everyone and does recycling, she is free from worry. When doing recycling, she is with other volunteers and doesn't need to worry about having no food to eat or having no one to care for her. With many volunteers caring for her, she is truly blessed with good affinities. Only when we're blessed can we meet good people. The same can be said of the youth.

My name is Yi Zheng-hua. My family has been receiving aid from Tzu Chi. Last year, my mon's health declined noticeably and diagnosis showed that here cancer had spread. It'd become terminal. Tzu Chi aunts and uncles have installed assistive devices at our place so my dad, who has been affected by a stroke, can enjoy more convenience and safety, and we as his family members can feel more at ease.

I'm grateful for Tzu Chi family member's care. Also, they often invite me to do good, including delivering assistive devices, promoting bone marrow donation, organizing donor's data, visiting the needy, and soliciting donations for Turkey and Syria, which have been affected by earthquakes recently. I'm very happy to have taken part in these tasks. I'm grateful to Tzu Chi family members for allowing me to form good affinities with all. I'll pass on my mom's coin bank practice. I'll sve what I can to help others and keep in mind what Tzu Chi has done for me. I can't express my gratitude enough.

This young man has experienced many hardships. Thankfully, he has met Tzu Chi volunteers and will work hard to do goodness. He has changed his direction in life completely from mundane ways to the Bodhisattva Way. To serve as a living bodhisattva, one has to follow precepts and sow blessings.

Tzu Chi volunteers have experienced hardships, too. Yet, see how they have been respected by all since they joined Tzu Chi. With them as your role models, you should learn from them so that one day, you can also become role models who inspire others to join Tzu Chi.

We must inspire others and change their lives for the better. This is how we cultivate blessings. We must also cultivate our wisdom. For that, we must learn the Dharma by walking the Bodhisattva Path. In all, to cultivate both blessings and wisdom, we must work mindfully to benefit all.

I truly hope you can cherish your good affinities, walk the right path in life together, and do goodness by helping those who are poor or in suffering. When there are people in need, we must help them. 

Take our assistive device program for example. Our volunteers bring their efforts together and give with selfless love despite many difficulties. There are a lot of difficulties to overcome. The greatest one lies in the mind, for without firm determination, the strenuous work cannot be carried out.

Our volunteers all live out their aspirations with a determination that will never fade away. This is how they make progress continuously. Also, they not only ask for nothing in return but help others out of their own pockets. They drive their own cars and pay for gas. When they visit the elderly or the poor, they even bring gifts to them. They buy them out of their own pockets, too.

They truly are living bodhisattvas who ask for nothing in return and give joyfully and willingly. Being able to give brings them joy. After helping others, they are filled with joy, Also, they help others from the bottom of their hearts. So, they give both willingly and joyfully.

Let us cherish our good affinities and work together to do goodness. Although the work might be strenuous and tiring, we'll be filled with joy after we carry it out. When we do something goodness, we will remember it and can often share it with others.

To inspire others, we must talk about ourselves, and only when we do many good deeds can we share our wholesome practices with others. Doing goodness means practicing the Bodhisavttva Way to relieve all living beings from their suffering. Their suffering is like the suffering caused by a thorn stuck in our skin. The wound hurts whenever we touch it or apply ointment on it.

What should we do? Ointment doesn't work in this case. To cure the wound, we must remove the thorn. So, we must do goodness by lifting people out of their suffering. Doing so might be strenuous, yet our hearts will fee sweet when we serve more than willingly.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: