Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230409菩薩行儀映佛心Doing Good Deeds to Help the Earth

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230409菩薩行儀映佛心Doing Good Deeds to Help the Earth Empty
發表主題: 20230409菩薩行儀映佛心Doing Good Deeds to Help the Earth   20230409菩薩行儀映佛心Doing Good Deeds to Help the Earth Empty周四 4月 27, 2023 8:31 am

While I was at Tzu Chi Hospital, I saw on Da Ai TV that Tzu Chi volunteers would help the elderlies living alone and clean their homes. We requested to have volunteers to come help us with cleaning this house.

The neighborhood representative spoke to her many times, but she never agreed. Then he said Tzu Chi would be a part of it and she agreed, saying that she trusts Tzu Chi.

Without Tzu Chi volunteers' help, we wouldn't be able to do this!

We nicknamed our Tzu Chi uniform blue sky with white clouds. When we do Tzu Chi work, it is like having all the living beings under a blue sky with white clouds, which symbolizes good, happy times. We wear our Tzu Chi uniform and show up at places that need living bodhisattvas.

The blue dress is called the Eightfold Path; the Dharma is inseparable from the Eightfold Path. When you are out and about, remember, you're representing Tzu Chi volunteers. Please be mindful of your conduct and attitude. Take good care of your character, your attributes; they are very important to your images. People are to take their image seriously; in keeping our image, let us pay attention in keeping the beauty of our group.  

The beauty of our group, Tzu Chi, comes from genuineness, honesty, and sincerity. We uphold a true genuine heart and always do things earnestly. We are genuine and it shows in our actions. When people see Tzu Chi volunteers, they'll think of a group of living bodhisattvas who are genuine and true. Hence, our actions and our image are to complement one another all the time.

The Lotus Sutra talks about the robe of gentleness and forbearance. Have you been studying the Lotus Sutra? When we put on the robe of gentleness and forbearance, be it the set of blue skirts and white pants, or the blue dress, when you show up in those outfits, it is a marking, a label.

People know, oh, they are Tzu Chi volunteers! This is a big responsibility that rests on all Tzu Chi volunteers; you are to represent the collective beauty of Tzu Chi; even when you are by yourself, people can still tell that you are a Tzu Chi volunteer. Three people together makes a group. Group members must work together with each others.

It is quite distance from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru, and to Batu Pahat, but we are happy to make this trip so we can help those impacted by the disaster.

This is a good deed. We need good deeds so the future will get better and better.

Coming here to help, I feel proud for we're all Malayasians. There is no difference in ethnicity; it's in our culture to help people.

An individual actually represents people of the group he belongs, hence, let us look out for one another. We might not know other Tzu Chi volunteers personally, but, in every country, the Tzu Chi volunteers there always talk about how they've overcome obstacles, how they've created blessings, and how they've worked together harmoniously.

I always hope that volunteers will seize to act when the affinity presents itself. May we aim for everyone to have such affinities to do Tzu Chi work. In our everyday life and in the way we do things, we can see that the Dharma and the world go hand-in-hand. In this world, people have different lifestyles and different environments. Yet, the most important thing is that, despite our volunteers live in different environments, everyone is equal.

I need to keep encouraging Tzu Chi volunteers to take the Dharma to heart and walk diligently on the Bodhisattva Path. Everyone must cultivate diligently. You gain what you cultivate; no cultivation, no gain.

It's not just about wearing the Tzu Chi uniform. If you wear the uniform but do not walk the Bodhisattva Path or you do bad deeds, which causes people to criticize Tzu Chi, you would caseate a heavier negative karma. Because of your conduct, you tarnish such a wonderful organization, that's creating negative karma.

Thus, we must keep a good conduct. This is why we say you gain what you cultivate. No matter what you do, you reap the karma you create. At this time, people of our generation are old. Let us take an inventory of our life, have we passed on Tzu Chi's spirit to our next generation?

Several decades ago, how big was the human population? And now, several decades later, human population have exploded. It's now over 8 billion. Human population has exploded and the Earth is in crises. There's climate change now, and the Earth is overburdened. We are to cherish and love the Earth.

When a ship is in rough seas, we need to tell people to sit tight and not run around. If people run around on the ship while the ship travels through rough waves, it's easier for the ship to lose its balance and capsize. So, everyone must unite together to get through the rough waves. At this time, we are to inspire a lot of good people to create blessings and stabilize the Earth.

I put water in the cup first, dip my toothbrush in the water, and then brush my teeth. There has been little rain in Taiwan, the reservoirs have very low water level, so we need to conserve water.

The water alert level for Tainan has been raised to orange. If we don't conserve water now, the entire Taiwan might face a water crisis.

Students are to keep the size of the water flow to that of a chopstick. We provide them measuring cups for them to measure how much water they use.

Sunlight and water are very important for growing crops, so we have to cherish water resource and not wasting water. Otherwise, we might not have food to eat in the future.

Right now, we need good people to stabilize the Earth. Don't think that one person will make no difference, so I don't need to do it. You might not make a big difference, but you gain what you cultivate. You reap blessings when you do good deeds. So, let us all do good deeds.

Don't think that the Earth can get better without your efforts. When it comes to doing goodness, we have to think that I'm needed. There are so many good karmic affinities, so we are to rely on these good karmic affinities. Don't harbor the mentality of volunteers cannot do without me, so I'll act up to let them know that I'm not happy and they'll have to ask me to help them. Don't do this.

As a bodhisattva, we cannot bear t see living beings suffer. So, we are to create affinities to pull people up, do you understand this? What this means is that don't think they cannot do without me, rather, we are to think I cannot do without others. We are to regard one another in this way.

We truly need to spread the Dharma. This is called benefiting living beings with the Dharma. Speaking good words is spreading the Dharma and benefiting living beings. We are to provide people an opportunity to do goodness. If they pass on the opportunity, things will not get worse. However, if he takes on the opportunity, he gets to create blessings, we gain more strength, and the good deeds help the world.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: