Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230412盡報此身續法緣Passing On the Tzu Chi Path Generation After Generation

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230412盡報此身續法緣Passing On the Tzu Chi Path Generation After Generation Empty
發表主題: 20230412盡報此身續法緣Passing On the Tzu Chi Path Generation After Generation   20230412盡報此身續法緣Passing On the Tzu Chi Path Generation After Generation Empty周四 4月 27, 2023 8:38 am

I'm filled with joy as it's been 30 years since our first free clinic in the U.S. was established. One should stand firm at 30, as Confucius said. Although we don't have many medical facilities in the U.S., we've been providing mobile clinic services. This is truly convenient for those in rural or remote areas.

Indeed, life is filled with much suffering, and suffering from illness is incomparable. With our mobile clinics, we can bring medical aid to those who can't go out for treatment. Such is truly meritorious. I admire our medical professionals and I'm full of gratitude and joy.

Of course, the U.S. is very influential. As early as decades ago, when Stephen Huang came back, I told him, the U.S. is the world's stage. We must keep developing Tzu Chi's missions of charity, medicine, education and culture on this stage. This is also how we work for Buddhism and all living beings.

We Tzu Chi members live out the Buddhist spirit wholeheartedly. We should hold on to this spirit. We respect all religions, too. Yet, to carry out our missions, we need to practice true principles expounded by the Buddha.

We should make Tzu Chi's Four Missions of charity, medicine, education and culture stand firm in the U.S., work harder to carry them out, and inspire more people to volunteer with us. I hope that instead of just benefiting the U.S., our volunteers there can also work to benefit other places.

Take Nepal for example. Many locals are in poverty. How can we bring them hope? Don't place all your hopes on me. A few years ago, I thought that I should keep serving and working even if I had to use all my strength to do so. But now, even this is difficult for me. Life is truly impermanent. One day, our strength will be taken away. Now, even if I try hard to walk, I have little strength to do so.

I hope that as the first generation of Tzu Chi members, we can keep passing on Tzu Chi's spirit. We must do so with firm determination and every one of us must do our part. Lately, I often mention do my part. I'm not the only person who can use I. Everyone can use I to refer to themselves. While we use you, he, or she to refer to others, they use I to refer to themselves. Let us all say I'll do my part to pass on Tzu Chi's spirit.

The Buddha taught us to give with selfness love so as to spread love around the world. To relieve people's suffering around the world is not difficult indeed. It's not hard to purify people's hearts and minds, either, as long as we all share this aspiration.

People's suffering is brought about by natural and manmade disasters. While natural disasters are hard to stop, manmade ones can be prevented. How can we do that? By bringing hearts and minds in harmony. This requires the participation of everyone, not just a few people.

When a few people use a finger to push something, can they form a great strength? Yet,when one thousand or ten thousand people use a finger to push a cart that is fully loaded with food supplies, they can push it up a high mountain. We can achieve anything as long as we uphold our aspiration.

I'd like to remind you all that I hope we can give of our bodies with total dedication. Coming to this world, we can dedicate our lives and bodies to doing Tzu Chi's work, which is truly rare and precious. So, let us work together to benefit all.

Since the moment I founded Tzu Chi over 50 years ago, I've been seizing time to serve so I can sit here to look at the world map and learn about how we've carried out our work. Whenever I see a place with Tzu Chi volunteers, I'm filled with gratitude. Wherever they are, our volunteers have tried their best to serve and relieved many people from their suffering.

How valuable their life is! So, with our affinities as Master and disciples in this life, I truly hope we can live out the same aspiration to give of our bodies and lives with total dedication in order to create much value out of our lives. Let us live out Tzu Chi's spirit mindfully so it can be passed on generation after generation.

I always hope that When I come to this world again, I can still take on Tzu Chi's work. Let us all pass on our work. When I come back, what generation will Tzu Chi be? Let us pass on our work for generations to come so I can serve with Tzu Chi when I come back. I hope we can all vow to pass on our work and walk the Bodhisattva Path life after life.

Of course, we must vow to deliver all living beings and end all our afflictions. What about the next? We must also vow to learn all Dharma paths and attain the supreme. Yes, that's what we ought to do.

Let us vow to attain the supreme Buddhahood. For that, we must walk the Bodhisattva Path by giving with enlightened love. I hope we can all do so mindfully. Giving is receiving. Without giving, we'll gain nothing. By giving, we can cultivate ourselves.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: