Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230420初心不移醫道長Practicing Medicine with a Sense of Calling

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230420初心不移醫道長Practicing Medicine with a Sense of Calling Empty
發表主題: 20230420初心不移醫道長Practicing Medicine with a Sense of Calling   20230420初心不移醫道長Practicing Medicine with a Sense of Calling Empty周四 五月 25, 2023 7:59 am

"This 'orthopedics tree' of Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital can be treaced back to over 30 years ago when Supt. Chen Ing-ho established the orthopedics dept. in Hualien. Now, in all seven Tzu Chi hospitals in Taiwan, there are doctors who had received Supt. Chen's guidance. 

Dalin's orthopedics dept. has 'Three No's.' The first is 'No Refusal.' We don't refuse to take in any patients, whatever their conditions. The second is 'No Fear.' We treat every patient fearlessly. The third is 'No Amputation.' We strive to keep the integrity of the patient's body. What's most important is to bring hope to our patients. 

I often remind my coworkers in the dept. to treat patients in every possible way and not ot transfer them unless we must. To bring hope to all our patients is what I've been emphasizing for the past 20 years and more."

"With our long-term follow-up and spiritual support for patients, our surgical techniques, and our holistic care, Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital is very prestigious in southern Taiwan. We'll keep developing our spinal surgery techniques, publishing research papers every year, caring for patients in southern Taiwan and cultivating even more outstanding spinal surgeons. Only then can we make the hospital better."

We see how our doctors safeguard the locals' health with love for me, as only when we are healthy can we have hope. Without good health, there is no hope. Only when we are alive and healthy can we truly live a wonderful and hopeful life. The Buddha said that our body is unclean and our feelings bring us suffering. Yet, we still need to live a hopeful life. What's most difficult is t work together for the same aspiration. 

As our medical staff works in unity and harmony, the entire Dalin Tzu chi Hospital has been able to run well. Fame is not what we are after. What's most important is to value our medical skills and work to improve our medical quality. The time it takes to walk the path of medicine is as long as human's lifetime. By "humans's lifttime," I don't mean an individual's life, but countless people's in and endless sequence. Medical technology is very advanced and new technologies are invented constantly. Do we hold on to our initial aspirations while applying technologies? 

My initial aspiration is very simple--- Safeguarding people's lives. We build hospitals to safeguard people's lives. Illness brings the greatest suffering in life. Suffering from illness is truly unbearable, especially when patient is advanced in age. Although population aging is an issue now, we must be grateful to the elderly, for without their hard work, Taiwan wouldn't have developed to what it is today. We have a great hope to accomplish anything as the older generations have paved the path for us. 

I hope that our medical staff can harbor gratitude within and affirm themselves for having lived out their value in life. Our value of life is not measured by money, but by how we've relieved people's suffering and brought them peace and joy by sharing life's truths with them. We must lift patients our of their suffering and help them live in peace without worry. This is the best medical practice. 

We must respect and have faith in the direction we vowed to take in the beginning. My vow is to cultivate myself by benefiting all living beings. Now, I feel somewhat relieved as I've lived out my vow. For over 50 years, I've been taking each step firmly in carrying out Tzu Chi's Four Missions. That's because I've always kept my vow in mind. 

We should keep cultivaing medical talents. Talents are not those who seek fame and wealth, but those serving with a sense of responsibility. I've heard how you've served with a sense of responsibility, which has brought me the greatest joy. We need to live out our vows with a sense of responsibility. 

I hope you can keep to the right direction by carrying out my missions as your own. I've been walking the Tzu Chi Path. I'm not a doctor and I don't know how to do business or determine a product's value. In this life, I live out my missions by following these few words--- Gratitude, respect and love. I often say that I'm grateful for our living out our shared as pirations with respect. 

We must always walk on the right path in life and create value by devoting our lives to benefiting all. one person alone can't achieve that, so we must pool our strength together. One doctor alone can't complete a surgery. Nurese and many other professionals are required, too. This is how we can accomplish good things through mutual support. 

By working in unity and harmony, we can have the greatest accomplishments in life and spread truth, goodness, and beauty around the world. I never ask you if our Tzu Chi hospitals make money or not. I only wish to hear how we've worked in unity and harmony, how we've improved our medical quality, and how we've benefited the locals. This is what Tzu Chi members worldwide hope for the most.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: