Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230427滿心為善淨凡塵Nurturing Seeds of Goodness Within

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230427滿心為善淨凡塵Nurturing Seeds of Goodness Within Empty
發表主題: 20230427滿心為善淨凡塵Nurturing Seeds of Goodness Within   20230427滿心為善淨凡塵Nurturing Seeds of Goodness Within Empty周四 五月 25, 2023 8:11 am

"Though it's hard to perform the sutra adaptation, I took on the responsibility without being asked, because no matter what Master wishes to do, I, as your disciple, will just do it. Sadly, in the middle of the year before last, I felt very weak and was unable to concentrate. By the end of the year, my eyelieds drooped heavily and my vision became blurry. Last June, I was diagnosed with a rare disease called "myathenia gravis." For a whole month, I could hardly speak. 

Master, you say you exert all your strength to give a talk. I've experienced what it's like. I rehearsed intensively for one to two months and had to use nine pain relief patches every day for the rehearsals. For me, this grand performance is a mark of glory deeply rooted in my eighth consciousness. I vow with utmost sincerity to continue my Dharma affinity with Master life after life. Thank you, Master."

I've heard you all make great vows to continue your Dharma affinities with me while giving with enlightened love and inspiring everyone to do the same. Thanks to the good affinities that we'd formed in our past lives, whenever I call for support, you all respond. And, instead of giving me short-term support, you've long been holding onto the "I will" mindset and taking action to support me. 

Rather than saying "I will" just for now, you'd vowed to dedicate yourselves decades ago when I called for your support. We've been dedicated to benefiting all by walking the Bodhisattva Path. The Buddha's greatest purpose of coming to this world was to pass on the Bodhisattva Path (and deliver all living beings). 

In the same way, we've been working together for our greatest purpose--- Passing on the Buddha's spirit forever and ever. With that, we're filled with spiritual joy and work together in close harmony. Why did the Buddha come to this world (to deliver all living beings)? Because the world is filled with much suffering. Where does suffering come from? Some suffering comes from our short lives. 

Being advanced in age now, I remember the days when I was young and middle-aged, and I feel that those days were not long ago. In the blink of an eye, I'm not just advanced in age, but I'm well above the threshold of old age. The Buddha lived to the age of 80. I'm already over 80, but I'm still on the path of learning. So, I feel saddened by how time passes by so quickly. 

Now, seeing people's suffering, climate disasters, the (deteriortaing) Earth, the imbalance of people's minds, I'm very worried and anxious. The climate clock in New York is counting down. With time slipping away day by day, my life is shortening. I'm worried, but I'm not afraid of death. Actually, when my time comes, I should feel light and at ease. 

Every day, we should cultivagte ourselves by thinking good thoughts, doing good deeds, walking the good path, and forming good affinities with others. In all, we should prioritize whatever is good. This way, we can keep sowing seeds of goodness in our hearts and minds, and when we pass away, we'll feel light and at ease. 

By doing all that is good, we're cultivating ourselves. Let us seize every opportunity to cultivate ourselves, like how we saved 50 NT cents daily to help the needy over 50 years ago. Now, I'm very worried about climate change. Time is truly running out and there's only one remedy for climate change. In the past, at our Year-end Blessings Ceremonies, I always said that we must purify people's hearts and minds. I wish for it every day, yet there isn't much I can do, so I feel helpless. 

I kept reminding this to everyone at our Year-end Blessings Ceremonies, but actually, I'm very worried at all times. Nowadays, with the growing population and convenient transporation, peoples desires have become more rampant. In particular, as the population is increasing, more and more people crave meat and a lot of animals are slaughtered. 

Just think, due to people's desires, over 200 million animals are killed every day, creating much bad karma. So, we truly must unite our hearts together to practice vegetarianism. This way, less animals will be raised, the Earth will be less polluted, climate disasters can be mitigated, and fewer trees will be felled. We need to use our wisdom to think how we can save the Earth. Only when the Earth is at peace can humans be safe and well. For that, we need to begin with our minds. 

We all have deep affinities. We'd formed affinities in the past, and we must keep forming affinities by practicing the Dharma and cultivating blessings and wisdom in the world. It's only in this world that the Buddha could practice the Bodhisattva Way and attain Buddhahood. 

With three carts, each drawn by a goat, a deer, and a white ox respectively, our choice will depend on whether we aspire to practice the Small, Middle, or Great Vehicle. It's best if we can choose the Great Vehicle. The Great Vehicle is like the oxcart. The ox has great strength, and the oxcart helps us make progress while transporting many other people and helping them progress, too. Let us vow to deliver all living beings. 

Everyone, please take my words to heart. Time doesn't allow me to speak much. So, you all need to work hard. You've been walking the right path, so please keep walking with peace of mind. My best wishes to you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: