Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230510至誠虔信弘誓願Uniting People Together with Our Sincerity

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230510至誠虔信弘誓願Uniting People Together with Our Sincerity Empty
發表主題: 20230510至誠虔信弘誓願Uniting People Together with Our Sincerity   20230510至誠虔信弘誓願Uniting People Together with Our Sincerity Empty周四 五月 25, 2023 8:49 am

With sincere piety, Jing Si disciples vow to follow Master! We'll follow Master! We wish Master good health, long live in this world, always expound the Dharma, and have boundless blessings.

Thank you. You said you'll follow me; remember to follow me closely! In my heart and on my mind, I'll always remember that what we have is eternal; our affinities are for life after life. The Bodhisattva Path in the world is long for the future ahead, and it is for life after life, do you understand? Yes! Good.

Everything in the world has a starting point. I'm truly grateful to have so many disciples in Malaysia, and it is because of my first few disciples there, including Shu Mei Yeh and Richard Koay; it all began with four, five people. Hence, we can see that one bodhi seed can produce a forest of bodhi trees, and I'm so grateful for it.

Now, there are many, many seeds; each volunteer is a seed. I have faith in those who are sitting right in front of me as well as the ones in the videoconference. I have faith in the sincere heart that's within each and every one of you.

We say, be pious as we pay respect to the Buddha. Indeed, let us be pious! Being pious is to harbor sincerity. So, let us also harbor such piety towards each other; everyone around us are bodhisattvas. I hope that all of you can bring together the power of love; the world is so vast and living beings are in so much suffering, so, how many people can truly be awakened? Not many. Not many.

Even if we are talking about Hualien; I'm in Hualien, but have I widely delivered the people of Hualien? It's very difficult. It's very difficult. All in all, let us not be discouraged when we encounter difficulties. Let us keep going. At where I am, there are people who have no affinities with me. Far away, there are people who have affinities with me. Likewise, when we are needed faraway, we will go to those faraway places. There are truly many things to do in the world.

I have glued this ant figurine on this, to show that the ant is climbing the Himalayas, and it has to persist. Think about it, how gigantic is the Himalayas? How does an ant arrive the top of the Himalayas? Nevertheless, the Buddha talked about the concept of life after life; be confident that one day in the future, in a lifetime of the future, we will reach Buddhahood.

Yet, in reaching Buddhahood, if as ordinary beings, we did not get on the Bodhisattva Path, Buddhahood will remain unreachable forever. One won't even get to know of the Buddha's name. Hence, we can say that we have affinities with the Buddha; not only that, we are physically walking on the Bodhisattva Path.

We are already on this path, so, don't stop walking.  Don't every stop walking. We are all just ants; look at me, I dare not to stop walking. Despite that every day, I'm pushing myself, I'm doing my best to gather my strength so I can keep going. I know clearly that I mustn't waste a single second because there are still many things to be done. And the more I look, I find there are more things to do.

This is why I need to encourage the people who have affinities with me, so that they will join us. I am pulling them along. I'm urging them to walk. In my early days, when I as still young and could travel about, I was able to sow Tzu Chi's seeds from one place to another and cultivate these seeds. I wanted to sow seeds on every inch of the land.

Now, we can see that the Bodhi seeds have grown into forests. Though there are Bodhi forests, compared to the whole world, these forests are not big. There are so many lands that are barren and dry. For all the dry lands that we see, if we continuously nourish them with trickles of water, one day, those lands will retain water. In the same way, as bodhisattvas, we are to keep our mind on the Dharma. For all the things that we see, they can teach us about the Dharma and nourish our heart.

Look at the things volunteers have brought back. This basket is very beautiful and eye-catching. Volunteers are so mindful in making snacks that resemble mini-peach buns; they hav placed them in the basket. With our five sense organs of eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and body, there's one more, the mind, which is to be sincere.

Our mind is the sixth consciousness, which allows us to think. The Chinese word for think is composed of the words field and heart. Fields need to be cultivated. Inside our heart, there's a field. We are to work hard. When it's the planting season, we are to be mindful and seize the time. There's a time to sow seeds. It's called planting season.

It's the same principle. So, we are to seize time and continuously making progress. This is to be diligent. We are to pass on the light. In a dark room, one lit candle can brighten up the entire space. As bodhisattvas, we are to recruit people around the world to serve as bodhisattvas. This is how we truly protect the Earth, not only the birthplace of the Buddha, but the whole world.

I hope Tzu Chi volunteers around the world, all the bodhisattvas around the world, can protect this Earth. We are to protect the place we live. I'm truly worried about climate change right now. I'm also worried about people's hearts. It's so hard to get them to be in harmony. This is very worrisome.

Time and space are all right. It's people that create a lot of difficulties. Yet, don't think that this world has a lot of difficulties, we need to work on ourselves first. There's you, me and others. When I say you, you refer yourself as me. That's right. So, when I address people as you, people think about me. Thus, there are many you, me, and others. We are to unite people together, bringing you, me and others all together. This is my biggest wish.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: