Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230512師徒相度緣永恆Working for Buddhism and for All Living Beings

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230512師徒相度緣永恆Working for Buddhism and for All Living Beings Empty
發表主題: 20230512師徒相度緣永恆Working for Buddhism and for All Living Beings   20230512師徒相度緣永恆Working for Buddhism and for All Living Beings Empty周三 6月 28, 2023 11:53 am

Master’s aspiration and efforts to build medical facilities to help the needy touch me deeply, so I wish to emulate Master’s spirit, too.

Even by saving only 50 NT cents daily, we’d helped many in need. We should share this spirit with our children, so they’ll sow more blessings and make the world better.

When Tzu Chi was founded, we could only save as little as 50 NT cents daily to help the needy. This is what our Tzu Chi volunteers did back then. Recalling the work, they’ve carried out, they can see how they’ve created the same value I have. With me pointing out the direction, it’s they who paved the path. I only showed them the way and called on all to head towards it, and they set out and took each step firmly. So, every day, I remind you all to stride forward and take each step firmly.

Aspire to practice goodness when dropping a coin and also encourage your customers to do good. Even 50NT cents can help the needy.
Let me set a good example.

Wonderful!

This is exactly what I’ve been wishing to do. Even a coin can be a gift for the needy and bring them warmth. I’ll also encourage my customers to give.

See how straight the Bodhi Path is. The Sutra of Innumerable Meanings says that it is very straight for us to walk upon. See how our volunteers have been walking the path by serving as living bodhisattvas. The Bodhi Path was passed on from the Buddha’s birthplace. See how inconceivable affinities are. Blessed to learn the Buddha’s teachings, we should shoulder the responsibility to spread them around. 

This can’t be achieved by just one person but through the collective efforts of Tzu Chi members around the world. Not only Tzu Chi members and Buddhists but also people around the world should see how the Buddha, a great person born over 2,500 years g0 in modern0day Nepal, had expound true principles that can truly nurture everyone’s wisdom-life. Whether we are Buddhists or not, we can cultivate our wisdom by studying the Dharma.

Monastics from what’s known as China today acquired Buddhist texts, delved into them, translated them into Chinese, and so on. Over time, more and more texts were translated, so there are now Three Treasuries and the twelve divisions of the Buddhist cannon. The Buddha’s teachings are so vast and profound that I can’t read them all even in multiple lifetimes. Yet, what I value more is for us all to practice the Dharma in this life. Let us reflect on if we’ve been doing so.

We should be grateful to be able to read the well-translated Buddhist texts. Concise and profound, they help us understand life’s truths, so we should cherish them. We should also be grateful. I have exerted all my strength to work and serve. For over half a century, I haven’t had a single day of leisure. Every day, I work wholeheartedly and tirelessly for Buddhism and all living beings.

All that I wish is everyone can live out the Dharma in action and pave a path so future generations can walk on it and head towards the right direction in life. This responsibility is on our generation. No matter how technology may change, if we, as the first generation in Tzu Chi, do not have determination, what I’ve said can’t be passed on. We need to write down my words and keep my audio and video recordings.

How can we store them and pass them on forever? In this era, thanks to our affinities, we Tzu Chi members can spend time together to benefit humanity and the world, so the missions we’ve carried out can be recorded for the future generations to learn about Tzu Chi.

I have many feelings about my Master and me. Every day, I miss my Master deeply. When I prostrated to take refuge in him at Hui Ri Lecture Hall, he said, “With our special affinity as master and disciple, remember to work for Buddhism and all living beings. Work for Buddhism and all living beings” are simple words. Yet, have I reached my goal? Not yet. I’m just at the starting point as it takes countless lifetimes to work for Buddhism and all living beings.   

I’d also worked for Buddhism and all living beings in my past lives. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have the affinities to do the same in this life. Every time we see how much work we’ve carried out over the past few decades. Yet, I’m advanced in age, and I’ve been weak and feeble in recent years. There is much work I cannot do anymore. With time unceasingly passing by, I’ve got on in years, and I can only seize time to serve. Everyone, please seize time to carry out our work and pass it on.

I hope our wisdom-life can be passed on forever. I’m grateful to Tzu Chi members worldwide for giving with love and care. I’m also grateful to our volunteers for carrying out our international relief work. Every day, I’m counting how much work each disciple of mine has done for me. As Master and disciples, we’d enjoyed good affinities in our countless past lives, and we’ve promised each other to continue our affinities in our next life.

Those who’ve passed away are waiting for me and will inspire and lead me in the future. We must have faith that we’ll come to this world life after life to share the Dharma with others.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: