Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230528導之諦理弘宗門Guiding Students with Principles and Propriety

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230528導之諦理弘宗門Guiding Students with Principles and Propriety Empty
發表主題: 20230528導之諦理弘宗門Guiding Students with Principles and Propriety   20230528導之諦理弘宗門Guiding Students with Principles and Propriety Empty周三 6月 28, 2023 12:37 pm

In Thailand’s Tzu Chi school, they place value on traditions and moral perspective as well as respecting their teachers. Students at our Tzu Chi school have a tidy appearance and look pure-hearted. I wish their education would focus on both proper conduct and good moral dispositions.

Having good moral dispositions is to know right from wrong and to believe in having a kind heart. The students’ conduct shows that they respect themselves as well as others. While interacting with grown-ups, they are to keep their outfit clean, neat, and presentable. These are all things covered in the education of good conduct, of good morals, and manners, hence, it’s important to keep a good image and have good manners.

Oftentimes, when the conversation topic is on education, I’d think of our school in Thailand, where teachers were having a conversation in the hallway and students would bow to the teachers as they walked by. They showed good manners and respect. This shows that they respect their teachers; it shows that they were educated to be polite, and people can sense that when they witness this interaction.

It’s not necessary for the educator to say, “Oh, we educated our students so well!” When people witness such an interaction, they will feel moved as the interaction is pleasant. Such is a successful education. 

Hearing that, in a competition with schools from 70-plus, our students got 8th place, 1st place in the north. I feel very glad; of course, there are seven schools ahead, but getting 8th place deserves praise already. Our school is located in North Thailand, which is considered somewhat rural, an rural area. It’s impressive that students did so well under our education. Our education is not to compete with others, but it is our mission, it’s one of our vows.

I hope that it is not for competition’s sake; we have to teach the students from Northern Thailand who will attend universities in the cities to be as good as students of prestigious schools. Such is the standard of our education. I have faith that the students have a mission to learn, and the teachers have a mission to teach, such intentions are very pure; their education is sincere and pure.

In today’s world, it is rare to find such education in character and morality. May we cherish this and maintain such standard of quality. I’m very moved. This is why we “educate students to act with propriety and to respect educators”. We also “guide with virtues and value propriety.” Propriety is very important! May we also “pass on the right way and walk with proper conduct.”  The path we are passing down is the correct path for life.

And we are to keep on doing this, hence, “to walk with propre conduct,” so in society, the students’ manners will be a pleasant sight for people around them. This describes a person with exemplary character. May the students we educate have such exemplary character. So, we need to cherish this and continue this kind of education. For the children, we guide them with truth. We need to pass on truth and the principle of genuine sincerity.  

What is most precious is propriety. So, we are to teach children principles, proper conduct, and good appearance. What children wear shows their appearance. They wear uniforms and look very neat. Since they are students, by the way they dress, people know what school they’re in, such as university, secondary, or elementary school. When people visit the school, they can see that students live an orderly life with rules.

When walking around the campus, they can discern teachers from students clearly, and know what grade the students are in. Inside the campus, people can feel that things are delineated very clearly. It’s truly beautiful. This is the principle of etiquette. Beauty is very important. We are to uphold Tzu Chi and spread the Dharma to benefit living beings.

We are a part of tzu Chi. Don’t forget the words “Tzu Chi” as our school is called Tzu Chi school. Our education values also come from Tzu Chi’s values, and the principal and teachers ae to have Tzu Chi’s values. I’m happy to hear that we teach students to have good character and serve as good examples. This is truly not easy to accomplish as our school is located in the mountain. Hearing this, I am truly impressed.

I cannot help out but say that I truly love and respect our principal and teachers, and also respect and love our students as both the teachers and the students are very mindful. They are sincere and mindful in teaching and learning. This is beauty. This is where beauty lies. People are to live by principles. When a person abides by principles, he is a beautiful person. Every student is very beautiful.

Beauty does not lie in having a beautiful face but lies in one’s etiquette and the broadness of one’s heart. Look at our students. They are so pure-hearted. I hope we can continue this tradition of respecting teachers and having propriety. Also, our school motto is loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity. We are to nurture children to have compassion, so that when they start working, they’ll be of great benefit to society. Those who have compassion will nurture their heart to be broad. 

I often tell myself to have a heart so vast that it encompasses the universe. I often encourage myself to open and broaden my heart. Having a broad heart, I want to embrace all the people in the world. I want to hug them and give them love. Such is our education. We are to educate students in this way.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: