Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230611成就英才獻良能Shouldering the Responsibility of Educating Mankind

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230611成就英才獻良能Shouldering the Responsibility of Educating Mankind Empty
發表主題: 20230611成就英才獻良能Shouldering the Responsibility of Educating Mankind   20230611成就英才獻良能Shouldering the Responsibility of Educating Mankind Empty周三 6月 28, 2023 1:22 pm

June is the time for graduations. Everyone will have experienced graduation at least once in their lifetime; it can be elementary school or high school, not to mention graduating from university, graduate school, and so on. To be graduating, what a celebrated thing! Hope lies in education.

Our schools instill hope in people’s life; hence, I place great importance on education. I’m grateful to educators for teaching so earnestly, yet, I often say, my gratitude also goes to students who learn so earnestly.  A successful education requires students to learn and study wholeheartedly; that is the only way to truly succeed in education.

I’m very grateful to see that. Nevertheless, I’m happy. Though we talk about seeking nothing in return, there are still hopes and expectations. May we be more diligent and mindfully work to spread our education. Thank you. Our hopes and expectations ought to come from a sincere heart. Indeed, I have been very concerned lately with climate change; there are so many disasters around the world and I worry about this every day. In reality, climate change and human activities are closely related. 

We can see it’s necessary for people to be mindful in educating others about this issue all the time. Education is to be accessible to all; no matter how old a person is, he can always enroll in school to learn. This is why we have been talking about “TCU SKY”.   Ah, Tzu Chi University’s online courses. Be it family reasons or age reasons, there are people who have a wish to obtain higher education, and we can help them fulfill their wishes.

There is a limit to the sky, but I have unlimited vows. There are many people in the world trying their best to fulfill their wishes, what can w do to help them? As long as people aspire and their wishes are wholesome, we can help them fulfill their wishes. I believe our education system has the means to do this in today’s time.

The Dharma is a path to awakening. What can we do to open the gate to learning so that everyone can have the opportunity to know about life’s truth and principles? When the gate of learning is opened, students from kindergarten to university can attend our schools, and people ca fulfill their wish to learn. So, the universe is without limits and so are my vows. May we help those in the world who want to do good deeds. May we help them fulfill their wishes.

In this day and age, there is such a gateway, and we can open its gate. I hope, for those in the audience, perhaps we can open this gate? Having the intention and aspiration, we need to take action. Once we open the gate, start walking, we’ll definitely reach the destination of the path. We ought to have faith and believe that this is something we can work toward.

We also see our students studying hard, especially students from other countries, regardless of what countries they’re from. As long as they’re willing to attend our schools, they’re welcome. They don’t need to be Buddhists. We are to respect and love people of all faiths. Regardless of their faith, we are to respect and love the students.

Even though we teach without asking for anything in return, we hope that our students will learn to nurture gratitude. This is the most important thing. Gratitude is a part of conscience. With conscience, students will make good use of their skills because they are willing to give of themselves. This is having gratitude. They’ll be gratitude to third parents and teachers.

Parents hope their children will grow to be fine people. Teachers hope their students turn out to be accomplished. We are nurturing talents for society. These are the qualities Tzu Chi schools nurture in students. Our teachers always give of themselves without asking for return. The only thing they hope for is for students to know of people’s kindness, harbor gratitude, go among people, and serve humanity. Regardless of their faith, a good religion will teach their followers well.

I hope that Tzu Chi’s schools, whether it’s Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology, Tzu Chi University, our elementary school, or high school, will all have such values. Thus, I truly hope that while we’re educating students, students can continue to get involved in Tzu Chi after they graduate. I hope students, such as medical or nursing students, after they graduate from school, can join Tzu Chi and train to be Tzu Chi volunteers.

This helps them develop aspirations and goals. In the future, when they go to work for other hospitals or other schools as professors or doctors, they would have been immersed in Tzu Chi’s culture. When they work for other organizations, they’ll give of themselves with the spirit of serving humanity. Regardless of one’s religion, a person needs to have a purpose in life. This purpose in life includes rules of conduct. As long as a person has a correct purpose in life, it doesn’t matter what religion ha has.

Religion is about guiding people to have a purpose in life and teaching people to have moral values and good character. This is what I value very much. I’m very grateful. Education has a great responsibility in nurturing mankind. So, we are to be very mindful in shouldering this responsibility of educating mankind.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: